Quantcast
Thoughts on Soundsaround? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Soundsaround?

My Ride
    FZ6, Ford Raptor, Audi A3 Sport Comp.

Default Thoughts on Soundsaround?

I am looking for a Pioneer Elite AV receiver and I am trying to determine the best place to look at/buy one. I know SS sells them as do Visions. Thoughts, opinions?

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

I've always been wary of Soundsaround, but a friend picked up a TV from them a couple of years back, and bought the extended warranty. It recently broke, and since it was discontinued, he was offered the newest, closest model (which was far and above better than his old one).

He had no problems at all with the whole process, and they even let him use the initial TV's cost ($2000ish), to put towards a better tv ($2200). His original one that broke would probably only be worth $700 now.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

I hate them with an undying passion... yet.. I'll still buy from them

They happen to carry boutique lines of products that aren't available elsewhere, at standard retail store prices..

I.e. Paradigm Speakers, Tivoli Radios, Totem Speakers, at a price cheaper than most audio boutique store...

Along with that they also carry the Pioneer Elite line, and a full line up of Yamaha products that aren't available elsewhere.

I bought my Tivoli Model 1 radio and Boston Accoustic tabletop Microsystem CD from them for a rather good price. However they do not provide returns, which they don't disclose to you other than on the reciept, and only have a 7 day exchange policy w/ restocking fees :P

Most of their employees are douches, especially the Eurotrash guys that work on the 32nd ave who will "give a buddy a good deal"

So if you know what you want, usually they'll have a good price.

You do have to watch out, along with Visions. They will often re-tape/shrink returned prodcuts to make them look new. My buddy bought a 580 Series 50" Samsung Plasma, that was "definately" new as per the salesman and when we took it home, it had perminant burn-in. It took a helluvalot of fighting for them to even agree to replace it, let alone give a refund.
    Last edited by r3ccOs; 12-11-2009 at 03:27 PM.

My Ride
    2017 Nissan Morano/2018 Chevy Cruze/2001 Dodge2500

Originally posted by Tik-Tok
    I've always been wary of Soundsaround, but a friend picked up a TV from them a couple of years back, and bought the extended warranty. It recently broke, and since it was discontinued, he was offered the newest, closest model (which was far and above better than his old one).

He had no problems at all with the whole process, and they even let him use the initial TV's cost ($2000ish), to put towards a better tv ($2200). His original one that broke would probably only be worth $700 now.
    That sounds a lot better then most places. When ever I have gone in there I did find that the salepeople were pretty decent and actually knew about what they were selling. Its been a while though, so not to sure how they are now.

their prices are great when on sale, but I would never, ever shop somewhere with a no refund/return policy - that right there means unless I am buying something I am dead set on never having a problem with, I would never consider them.

My Ride
    2017 Nissan Morano/2018 Chevy Cruze/2001 Dodge2500

Originally posted by r3ccOs
    I hate them with an undying passion... yet.. I'll still buy from them

They happen to carry boutique lines of products that aren't available elsewhere at standard retail store prices..

I.e. they carry Paradigm Speakers, Tivoli Radios, Totem Speakers, at a price cheaper than an audio boutique store...

Along with that they also carried the Pioneer Elites, full line of Yamaha products that aren't available elsewhere.

I bought a Tivoli Model 1 radio and Boston Accoustic tabletop Microsystem CD from them for a rather good price. However they do not provide returns, which they don't disclose to you other than on the reciept, and only have a 7 day exchange policy w/ restocking fees :P

Most of their employees are douches, especially the Eurotrash guys that work on the 32nd ave who will "give a buddy a good deal"

So if you know what you want, usually they'll have a good price.

You do have to watch out, along with Visions, about products that were returns and no longer new in box... They will do what they can to re-tape/shrink wrap to make it look new.
    A & B Sound were the only other box store to have these. To bad a crappy computer store took them into the hole.

Soundsaround is the worst place ever, with the exception of their once per year "big 4" sale, and ONLY if you know exactly what you want. I have yet to meet a sales person there who knows their stuff, they have prices listed on their price tags as the "used to be" price that the unit was never sold at, ever. God help you if you turn down the extended warranty, where a lot of their commission comes from, lol. They hound you until you leave the store. At least you know what to expect when you go there. I had 3-4 of their guys trying to help me set up a comparison of 2 projectors - eventually I just did it myself because none of them knew anything. Then they started to play with the projector settings, maxing contrast, maxing saturation, etc. etc. to try impress me lol - it looked SO bad. Such a waste of everybody's time. Stick to the AV shops that actually know their stuff, or know EXACTLY what your after if you go to one of the chain stores.

Visions does not sell Pioneer Elite - only Pioneer (non elite), as soundsaround has exclusive rights for the Elite stuff. Try www.gibbysaudiovideo.com for a Canadian dealer for Pioneer Elite - they usually have pretty good prices.

What were you looking for specifically, in Pioneer Elite?

Also, Soundsaround is not the only place who sells Paradigm, in fact Paradigm will only let them carry their low-end stuff, presumably because letting a place like soundsaround carry their high end stuff would tarnish their name. If you want Paradigm go to Sounds of Music or General Audio. Their prices were nowhere close to what you can get at Sounds of Music, when I was there.

A&B carried Totem speakers, which are a good speaker, but way overpriced. I wouldn't recommend them to most people.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 12-16-2009 at 10:27 AM.

My Ride
    2015 IS350 F Sport

Soundsaround = crooks= run away......fast!
    "if you disagree with my views are cannot adequately my criticism then ignore my posts." - Nusc

BRUDDAH! Soundsaround is great for people who know what they want, know how much it's worth, and can't get it anywhere else locally.

For everything else, there is a better solution.

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

Originally posted by core_upt
    their prices are great when on sale, but I would never, ever shop somewhere with a no refund/return policy - that right there means unless I am buying something I am dead set on never having a problem with, I would never consider them.
    +1 on the no refund 7 day exchange only policy....I had it out with them this morning about that....claimed it was because "its a family business" and they couldn't afford......I called BS and told them they couldn't afford to not keep happy customers....and they were super douchey about it too....Avoid avoid avoid.....
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Integra Type R

Originally posted by Mibz
    BRUDDAH! Soundsaround is great for people who know what they want, know how much it's worth, and can't get it anywhere else locally.

+1
    wh...?

My Ride
    A Honda Product!

Lot's of places to buy electronics...Sounsaround is not a place I would go!

When is this big soundsaround sale?

Originally posted by noogie
    When is this big soundsaround sale?
    Every September.

My Ride
    acura TYPE A

i am selling a Pioneer receiver see my posts.

My Ride
    '12 G37x, '08 Dodge Grand Caravan

Originally posted by Mibz

I think Mibz pretty much nailed it with his statment. It's interesting to see everyone has there hate on for a company that has a "no refund" policy when the company is completley honest about it. They don't try to hide the fact that they don't do refunds so whats the problem. I get it... they don't want the cost involved with people test driving their product and then bringing it back for something else. Soundsaround is definetly for shoppers who know what they want simply put.

Pioneer Elite is a fantastic product and highly recognized and respected in the A/V industry and the fact that they choose to do business in Soundsaround exclusivley for the last 12-15 years should say something.

Just my 2 cents
    "Nice guys finish last, AWESOME guys finish on her face" -Charlie Sheen

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

Originally posted by crewchaud

Pioneer Elite is a fantastic product and highly recognized and respected in the A/V industry and the fact that they choose to do business in Soundsaround exclusivley for the last 12-15 years should say something.

Just my 2 cents
    Yah its called the "image of exclusivity"...They avoid the big box places because that cheapens the line.....And you can get better stuff in different stores
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

which model were u looking at? http://www.pioneerelectronics.ca/POC...+A+V+Receivers

that one is $8500 jesus
    Last edited by TheCheff; 12-15-2009 at 11:23 PM.

My Ride
    '12 G37x, '08 Dodge Grand Caravan

Oh, my bad... I thought the ”ELITE” line was. Where else can one find Elite products?
    "Nice guys finish last, AWESOME guys finish on her face" -Charlie Sheen

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast