Quantcast
Telus: to sign or not to sign - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Telus: to sign or not to sign

My Ride
    W204

Default Telus: to sign or not to sign

So I am on a pretty good Telus plan right now:

EPP1730 ($17.30) + Spark7 ($7). This is 200 anytime minutes, free evenings and weekends starting at 6PM, Caller ID, 100 text messages a month (I use maybe 1/10th of it every month), and the other usual stuff like voicemail and whatever. Add the system access fees and whatever tax and it comes out to about $33.60 all in.

My 3 year contract is coming up. So of course they're offering hardware upgrades and shit if I renew. My question is, if I sign up for 3 years, will they ever change the terms of my plans? Likewise, if I decide not to sign and do month to month, can they just trash my plan? I want to keep the plan but who knows what cells will be like in 3 years especialy now that Telus is on HSDPA. I am just deciding on whether I should sign on for another 3 years or just go month to month. My wife wants a new phone but so far I am quite satisfied with mine (we've got the same plan terms).
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

My Ride
    Perpetual Test Drive

They may make you switch your plan if you sign onto something like a BlackBerry or iPhone
    War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

Work on getting more free extras, if it comes to the point where its worth it for you to sign then do it. I was able to get a sweet plan when I signed on for a new 3 year contract.

I got:
    500 minutes
    Unlimited wk/evenings at 6pm
    Unlimited incoming
    Unlimited texting
    Caller id
    Voicemail 10
    Total: $25

Then I added a 500mb blackberry data plan and I didn't get a discount on that so.

500mb data: $20

Total: $45+tax

if you DO sign another 3 year contract, make sure you get the 50 bonus minutes. one lady wouldn't give them to me cause she said it's for new clients only. i called back and another lady gave them to me without making a fuss.

juss sayin

My Ride
    Sentra

You don't have to change your plan to get a new contract or a new phone. Data plan is a different story.

With all the changes that have taken place lately in the industry, do you really want to be locked in for 3 years? Regardless how good it seems today.

i had a friend who told them they were going to switch to rogers, and like most companies they do anything to keep them. telus offered him unlimited texting, free after 6, all that stuff. for 20 bucks a month. try and see what they offer you if you switch companies
    Originally posted by JustinGTP
    I ran past the Toyota display and when they asked why I was running through I said it was because I couldn't stop. Hahaha.

My Ride
    W204

Originally posted by GoChris
    With all the changes that have taken place lately in the industry, do you really want to be locked in for 3 years? Regardless how good it seems today.
    Yeah that's what I am thinking.. But I look at their current plans and they all suck shit. Right now I don't max out my current plan at all so I am pretty happy with the terms. I don't care for any more freebies.. The only thing would be lower the price, then maybe I would think about getting a small data plan and getting into an iphone or something.
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

Originally posted by clem24

Yeah that's what I am thinking.. But I look at their current plans and they all suck shit. Right now I don't max out my current plan at all so I am pretty happy with the terms. I don't care for any more freebies.. The only thing would be lower the price, then maybe I would think about getting a small data plan and getting into an iphone or something.
    Do you really need a new phone? If so then maybe sign a 3 year, otherwise I think they would let you sign a one year contract to keep yur plan and all your freebies! Perhaps someone that works for TM can confirm.

My Ride
    2015 Hyundai Veloster

You don't have to change shit if you sign or don't sign. You have a certain plan right now, you can choose to lock into it for 3 years or not lock into it. But if it's not available anymore, you can only keep it until you decide to change it. Once you switch to another plan, you'll never be able to switch back.
    Originally posted by Go4Long
    or else what? you'll turn on the caps lock?
    you do realize this is the internet right? lol
    Originally posted by rob the knob
    mar, you are good guy at heart
    you must realize your limitations
    then you will be happy if you fine place in live
    Originally posted by blitz
    Jesus man, I know you like Transformers, but you need to get out more. No one should get this upset over a movie based on children's toys.