Quantcast
Fast and the Furious and the Cops - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fast and the Furious and the Cops

My Ride
    Fx16 GTS Corolla

Question Fast and the Furious and the Cops

I just wanted to ask everyone here since both movies have been out, how bad have the cops been harassing everybody else. It's just funny that now after so many years, NOW the cops want to crack down on everybody. During the summer , some kid was driving a C5 vette(16) and after seeing the 2nd movie decided to drag race somebody. Of course he races and ends up killing himself(don't wish that on anybody). Of course when the news gets a hold of it, guess what they blame? Yet it was the dad, who's a cop that hands him the kids. Anyone else remember when a few years ago that was almost a nightly thing to see? Where I live at, there are plenty of back roads where people use to race twice a week. The cops would actually let it run till about 2am and then shut it down. Anyone notice how almost everybody is saying how the hot new thing for car enthusiasts is to drag race. How many decades has that been going on. It's nothing new. I don't race on the streets at all like I used to, It's too risky and I can do to the strip. But it just seems like the media is being just too damn unfair. Just because we enthusiasts build up our cars to run hard when you can, and look good when your'e showing off does'nt make you automatically a street racer. When someone dies it's not a good thing at all, but if you ask me when these kids are killing each other street racing, don't blame a movie or the whole industry. But the parents who are buying the parts. It's funny when the parents or cops blame a movie or the industry, but one question I'd ask them is who is buying the parts. Anyone know kids in school who can pay $3g for a turbo, $700 for an exhaust system? I would'nt call anyone on this site a reckless street racer, just a car enthusiasts.

Anyone had similar problems where live with either the news or cops giving you a bad rap? Post them.

My Ride
    MK7 Golf

but if you ask me when these kids are killing each other street racing, don't blame a movie or the whole industry. But the parents who are buying the parts. It's funny when the parents or cops blame a movie or the industry, but one question I'd ask them is who is buying the parts.
    That's almost true. The ppl doing the racing regardless as to whos paying for their cars are still making that choice. We need better driver training that incorporates the risks of doing "stupid" things like street racing.

I've been to plenty to watch, I won't run my car against anyone on the street it's not worth it. But it's almost hypocritical to say that because everyone of us has probably done a light to light in our time.

I think shit like this can be prevented, I also think shit like this shouldn't be blammed on a movie or an industry. It's the ppl behind the wheel causing the problems.

MK7 Golf SportWagen 4Motion

My Ride
    honda

dude, I don't get what your argueing, go buy the book "how to write good essays"

I'm in high school and i paid for all my mods. did all the work too.

My Ride
    2002 SVT Focus

Since we've had snow on the ground since the beginning of October, right now everyone is just trying to get to school/work with their ride still in one piece !!

I've had no problems in the Focus,but then again I'm an old fart !!
    11 F-150 Supercrew FX4 5.0

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

Yes, I am sure we all have done a stop light to stop light in our day...I mean come on that is Human Nature...I mean yes, I do attend the races, and in my time, have made a few runs as well...And you see all sorts of people down there, Import, Domestic, Young, and Old...In the past few years, Race City has given us a safe venue in which to "live our lives a 1/4 mile at a time"...and yes, socitey has given us movies like F n' F, and 2F2F...as well as independent flims, and ALL those really cool drifting DVD's right??....

But this is what it comes down to...Responsibility...Yes, some parents buy the rides and ALL the mods, yes, some of us work out tushies off for the rides and the mods...But it is up to each and every one of us, ourselves to wake up and say..."Hey yes I can drive like an enthusiast, but 4:30 in Downton is NOT the place to do it"...or, when challenged by punk kids, AND adults who wanna "burn rubber"...to back off and say "Meet me at the track"...

We cannot blame Paul Walker, or the media...its ourselves who bring in all the attention...and it is up to us to change the way things are...Whether its being hassled by the po po cause of our underglow and fartcans...or cause we lined up at that stoplight and revved so that our BOV's vented...

Its up to us...

Just my $.02
    ...@therealarifjina...

My Ride
    a wrx.

My Ride
    2009 Impreza

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    All of the above posts made sense... What type of English do you wish them to speak?

My Ride
    B18C5 neon -|-y|>3 r

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Re: Fast and the Furious and the Cops

Originally posted by david394
    I just wanted to ask everyone here since both movies have been out, how bad have the cops been harassing everybody else. It's just funny that now after so many years, NOW the cops want to crack down on everybody. During the summer , some kid was driving a C5 vette(16) and after seeing the 2nd movie decided to drag race somebody. Of course he races and ends up killing himself(don't wish that on anybody). Of course when the news gets a hold of it, guess what they blame? Yet it was the dad, who's a cop that hands him the kids. Anyone else remember when a few years ago that was almost a nightly thing to see? Where I live at, there are plenty of back roads where people use to race twice a week. The cops would actually let it run till about 2am and then shut it down. Anyone notice how almost everybody is saying how the hot new thing for car enthusiasts is to drag race. How many decades has that been going on. It's nothing new. I don't race on the streets at all like I used to, It's too risky and I can do to the strip. But it just seems like the media is being just too damn unfair. Just because we enthusiasts build up our cars to run hard when you can, and look good when your'e showing off does'nt make you automatically a street racer. When someone dies it's not a good thing at all, but if you ask me when these kids are killing each other street racing, don't blame a movie or the whole industry. But the parents who are buying the parts. It's funny when the parents or cops blame a movie or the industry, but one question I'd ask them is who is buying the parts. Anyone know kids in school who can pay $3g for a turbo, $700 for an exhaust system? I would'nt call anyone on this site a reckless street racer, just a car enthusiasts.

Anyone had similar problems where live with either the news or cops giving you a bad rap? Post them.
    Blah blah. We've heard it all before, cops are out to get us yada yada yada. But thanks for posting anyways.

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.p...threadid=17473

You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

My Ride
    a wrx.

Originally posted by powerslave

All of the above posts made sense... What type of English do you wish them to speak?
    the kind of english that allows one to pass high school english so that one may enter post secondary education and learn that altezzas arent cool.

we'll cops have to crack down on it cuz after teh movies kids think that "racing" there moms ricer on deerfoot is the cool thing to do. And the movies made it more of a public issue, if ya know what im sayin.

Default Re: Fast and the Furious and the Cops

Originally posted by david394
    Anyone know kids in school who can pay $3g for a turbo, $700 for an exhaust system? I would'nt call anyone on this site a reckless street racer, just a car enthusiasts.

Thats not that much money these days... Im in grade 11, parents give me no money, I work part time, and thats easy as hell to afford... just though i would say that... but $3700 isnt alot of money these days, prices are higher then they used to be, and pay is better at most jobs....

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

Default Re: Re: Fast and the Furious and the Cops

Originally posted by legereandrew4

Thats not that much money these days... Im in grade 11, parents give me no money, I work part time, and thats easy as hell to afford... just though i would say that... but $3700 isnt alot of money these days, prices are higher then they used to be, and pay is better at most jobs....
    Your saying you can throw away $3700 like its nothing?? I find that hard to believe unless your selling eight-balls to elementary and junior high kids
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

Default Re: Re: Re: Fast and the Furious and the Cops

Originally posted by ~$eanith~

Your saying you can throw away $3700 like its nothing?? I find that hard to believe unless your selling eight-balls to elementary and junior high kids
    Im not fighting abotu this or any thing, but no i dont sell i drugs, I cook at boston pizza, and like I said $3700 is nothing... I work there p/t, go to school, im in grade 11, and lets just say I can offord to have bought my car, getting an sr for it, with aftermarket parts.... its not hard to pull in 1g a month... save up for a bit easy to buy stuff your self... But i do agree with what he was saying, most these kids probally do have rich parents who spoil them and give them a wad of cash to go buy what they want, even though they dont even now nothing abotu it, etc.

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

fair enough
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

My Ride
    a bunch of old wedges

you wanna see spoiling bishop obyrne has 1 kid driving a z06 and another driving a brand new jaguar..pretty sure 17 year olds kids can't afford those kina cars

My Ride
    cd7 coupe

Originally posted by calgarys13
    you wanna see spoiling bishop obyrne has 1 kid driving a z06 and another driving a brand new jaguar..pretty sure 17 year olds kids can't afford those kina cars
    maybe they're mommy or daddys car and they were just using it for the day. but yeah some people are beyond spoiled

My Ride
    Left at 5pm

Originally posted by calgarys13
    It doesn't really matter where someones money comes from, or how they can afford the car/parts that they drive...Who really gives a fuck. So what if someone's parents buy them a car.
    I have a friend who's dad is buying him a 2004 A4 1.8T w/ the SuperSport package, and personally, im jealous, cause i'd love to have that car handed to me, but really...who gives a fuck.

Who gives a shit if someones "spoiled" or not...
    Originally posted by scat19
    I have a BMW so im not stupid.

My Ride
    E90 335i

Originally posted by XylathaneGTR

It doesn't really matter where someones money comes from, or how they can afford the car/parts that they drive...Who really gives a fuck. So what if someone's parents buy them a car.
    I have a friend who's dad is buying him a 2004 A4 1.8T w/ the SuperSport package, and personally, im jealous, cause i'd love to have that car handed to me, but really...who gives a fuck.

Who gives a shit if someones "spoiled" or not...
    True enough, but half these spoiled brats act as though they bought it themselves! If you ask them, I'm sure less than half will actually admit, yes mommy and daddy bought it for me.
    George likes his Kung Pao spicy!

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

I dont make my car look like a spacecraft, so most leave me alone. When I was in edmonton I actually had a cop talk to me for 6 ot 7 minutes as he whote me up for speeding, commenting on my car and such and how he thought the euro look was really good.

I like cops, the generally dont give you a reason to hate them unless you bring it on yourself and do something dumb (like ricing out your car with lights, wings, decals and brutal mufflers and then get pissed when they cite you for it)
    Travel

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast