Quantcast
Wheeling General Discussion - Page 75 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 75 of 105 FirstFirst ... 65 74 75 76 85 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 2093

Thread: Wheeling General Discussion

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

6" of lift. Long arms in the front and short arms in the rear, even with the rock sliders I have 19" of clearance below them. Tires are 315/70r17 on JK Moab rims.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Looks good, Fraser!

BTW, for anyone that was considering going to a synthetic winch line, Master Pull has their larger-diameter (5/16+) lines on sale for 35% off right now.

www.masterpull.com (redirects to their Ebay store now)

I picked up 100' of the 3/8" with the winch-stop thimble, at $208+ship it was cheaper than buying the parts and splicing one myself. I'm not sure the full 100' will fit on my winch, I may hack off the last 20-25' and turn it into an extension/repair line.

My Ride
    2002 jeep tj

i just came from PNP and they have cleared all of the damn jeeps xj there XD still looking for one dana 30 jeep tj 2002 3.07 gears

Also called around and no one seems to have one

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Take the opportunity to re-gear then. Get a front D30 with 3.73 and then do the rear to match. Or buy a new rear axle and re-weld brackets on it.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 06-18-2019 at 03:24 PM.

My Ride
    1.2 GIGAWATT CUISINART POWERED DELOREAN

Nice! Where did you guys go? I spent the day in Waiporous doing the winter trails. It was a great time but a little cold, especially with the wind. We should do another Beyond run in January!
    “I don’t understand bus lanes. Why do poor people have to get to places quicker than I do?” -Jeremy Clarkson

My Ride
    2002 jeep tj

Originally posted by FraserB
    Take the opportunity to re-gear then. Get a front D30 with 3.73 and then do the rear to match. Or buy a new rear axle and re-weld brackets on it.
    I dont have the time to regear lol and even if i wanted to regear the xjs at pnp where all gone fount 3 but they loooked older style xj and the axles where rusted to hell lol

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 06-18-2019 at 03:24 PM.

My Ride
    2002 jeep tj

Originally posted by projekz
    Nice! Where did you guys go? I spent the day in Waiporous doing the winter trails. It was a great time but a little cold, especially with the wind. We should do another Beyond run in January!
    where u guys the toyotas?

My Ride

Yeah, 2 Pathfinders and 2 4Runners. Were you with the Jeep that busted a tire?
    “I don’t understand bus lanes. Why do poor people have to get to places quicker than I do?” -Jeremy Clarkson

My Ride
    2002 jeep tj

Yeah, 2 Pathfinders and 2 4Runners. Were you with the Jeep that busted a tire?
    yeah i was the golden looking jeep that had to move out of the way for u guys to pass lol.

that blue jeep after we fixed the tire he some how blew a brake line so he had to turn back.

the rest of us went all the way to the falls then they went to see the frozen ice so i left them early then i saw a jk stuck in the hole the blue jeep messed his tire up at lol.

wichned him out then the other guys caught up to me, we knight off roaded all the way to the road we left at like 630 lol

other then the blue jeep every thing went good

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Originally posted by Sugarphreak

Sweet! I am loving synthetic line, so much easier to work with than steel cable.
    Yeah, when we were winching Fraser's Jeep that one night, I decided cable was a pain in the ass, so I removed the wire stuff as soon as I got the winch. Knocked a bit of weld splatter off the drum (from Uncle Mao's Winch Factory, no doubt), threw on a few coats of paint and it's ready for the synth when it arrives.

I also ordered a pair of the Hanma 6" LED light bars for the bumper, I was initially wary about the cheap Chinese units but the guys on Pirate seem to have figured out which ones are the good ones and have put them through "rigorous testing."

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

What did you pay? And are they still taking orders?

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

I contacted Hanma directly via their Alibaba page, they were more than happy to deal with me and my small order. You tell them what you want, they email you an invoice, you send them a Paypal payment and they ship it to you. Email turnaround time from Hanma was about a day.

With shipping, I paid $120 for the lights. ($40 each + ship.) They have two lines of lights now, the "B" series, and the slightly more $ new "BC" series with Cree LEDs. I have the pricing PDFs here somewhere, I'll post them for you as soon as I find them. You can get them in flood or spot patterns, or a combination of both.

Note that shipping is pretty expensive ($40 for me) but if you order in a bunch of lights the per-light shipping cost should drop pretty quickly. End cost was cheaper than buying the sketchy-looking ones from eBay.

Edit: I put the PDFs on Drive, let me know if you have trouble accessing them. Hanma's contact email is in there as well.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=1qg6...CYM-zXkhC1VrwG

https://docs.google.com/open?id=1TLF...dvF3WCiHUYN9l2

My Ride

Wow! The markup from Rigid must be insane!!

I heard Rigid gets all their stuff from China and put it together in the US anyways.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 06-18-2019 at 03:25 PM.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Wow! The markup from Rigid must be insane!!

I heard Rigid gets all their stuff from China and put it together in the US anyways.

Well, in as much as all LEDs are probably made there. The explanation I read was that batches of LEDs can vary in intensity, so Rigid may pay more for slightly brighter LEDs, while the off-brand companies opt for the cheaper "B-grade" chips. Is that true? Does it justify a $300 light over a $40 one? I have no idea. What i do know is that I can't justify the $ for a Rigid or Baja light, and as such I will continue to fake it 'till I make it.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

I think the Pirate guys broke a light down and they were the same chip sets as Rigid.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

If I had to guess, from the design I would say it's Aurora making Rigid's lights, they look absolutely identical. I don't know what their prices are like, might be worth looking into.

http://www.szaurora.com/1_l.aspx?id=915

My Ride

I'm really close to pulling the trigger on some Rigid Dually. Looks like I might research some more. I'll pay a bit more for the lifetime warranty but I'm not interested in paying double or more...

Page 75 of 105 FirstFirst ... 65 74 75 76 85 ... LastLast