Quantcast
Lets see your exotic/weird/ pets - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Lets see your exotic/weird/ pets

My Ride
    Hatred

Originally posted by Tik-Tok

He's actually my wife's, and she does take good care of him. She's had him for 11 years I think (longer than we've been together, as she likes to mention, lol)

Sadly, his whipping days are over. He got dry rot (gangrene) in his tail a few years ago from some unshed skin, and although he pulled through, the tail didn't make it, so it's about 6" shorter than it should be, and nubby instead of whip like.

Unfortunately also at that time, when we took him to the vet, they REALLY mishandled him, and broke several of his spikes too, he's still happy and healthy though.
    That's a crap deal! When I had a couple, one became paralized from the waist down, can't remember the exact cause. but with B12 he eventually pulled through and started whipping me like a champ once again. He was a happy whipper that guy.
    -U

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

My lovebird (Feizu):
    I've had him/her for 5 years.

Last edited by Modelexis; 10-04-2010 at 10:40 AM.
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

For those of you with birds, can they be trained not to shit when they are outside of their cages, or more importantly, when they are riding around on a shoulder or something?

My Ride
    an old black cab

My brother trained his love bird to crap on command.

He just holds it over the trash and give it a quick shake and it tries to shit (wether it has anything in it or not) and it'll be good for ~15 mins or so.

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

My bird is not easily trained to do really anything, especially now that I've let him grow out his flight feathers.

I just clean up after him.
    I don't care to mess with his highly efficient bodily functions to conform with my preferences. His body was evolved to work in that manner for a reason and I don't feel like reversing thousands of years of evolution.

It doesn't have an odor and it's quite easy to clean up. If it's on my shirt I just wear a new shirt and wash my clothes as usual.
    Last edited by Modelexis; 10-04-2010 at 11:19 AM.
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

My Ride
    2016 Golf R

Originally posted by Modelexis
    My lovebird (Feizu):
    I've had him/her for 5 years.

Nice bird, I have always been intersted in getting a bird, but I find them loud and annoying... Might just be me, but a good quiet breed might be better.

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

Originally posted by AaronK

Nice bird, I have always been intersted in getting a bird, but I find them loud and annoying... Might just be me, but a good quiet breed might be better.
    Thanks.
    My bird is singular and independent, so that removes any 'chatting' that sometimes goes on with groups.

When he makes noise, it's for a reason, whether he's hungry, or wants to fly around, or he wants me to wake up, or feels like hes being ignored, or hears talking in another room.

Otherwise quite silent, sleeps at the same time as I do, gets up around the same time during the week, weekends sometimes earlier.

It depends a lot of the individual bird, they all have different personalities and habits.

My Ride
    2011 Mustang GT

Beyond's Most Wanted

My Ride
    VW Corrado VR6

Originally posted by Unknown303

That's a crap deal! When I had a couple, one became paralized from the waist down, can't remember the exact cause. but with B12 he eventually pulled through and started whipping me like a champ once again. He was a happy whipper that guy.
    This is metabolic bone disease. It's a diet deficiency, combined with a lack of UV light. Basically to get them healthy again, they require B12 and a 2:1 calcium to phosphorous ratio.

My Ride
    Born in Stuttgart

Mojo

Posidon

Nacho

My Ride
    2015 Hyundai Veloster

Originally posted by Commanderwiggin
    You guys with spiders are f&cked lol. Have you ever been bitten by them?...or heaven forbid...one got out of its cage? gives me friggin goosebumps.
    I've never been bitten by mine but there isn't a spider species on the planet that can kill an adult human so there really isn't much to worry about outside of swelling and discomfort.
    But I did walk into the kitchen one day and find one of mine in the sink. I still don't know how it got out. Earlier that week I found it chilling on top of its cage, must have been squeezing through the air holes.
    Originally posted by Go4Long
    or else what? you'll turn on the caps lock?
    you do realize this is the internet right? lol
    Originally posted by rob the knob
    mar, you are good guy at heart
    you must realize your limitations
    then you will be happy if you fine place in live
    Originally posted by blitz
    Jesus man, I know you like Transformers, but you need to get out more. No one should get this upset over a movie based on children's toys.

Yoshi (Bearded Dragon)

Originally posted by Mar

I've never been bitten by mine but there isn't a spider species on the planet that can kill an adult human so there really isn't much to worry about outside of swelling and discomfort.
    Not even a black widow?

Originally posted by Mar

But I did walk into the kitchen one day and find one of mine in the sink. I still don't know how it got out. Earlier that week I found it chilling on top of its cage, must have been squeezing through the air holes.
    The Funnel Web spider can (and has) killed adult humans, mostly females. It is especially toxic to primates and humans, not so much other animals. Perhaps what you're thinking of is that there have been no adult deaths since antivenin has been available.

Brown Recluse Spider has only killed children.

I've also read bite reports about a tarantula I used to have, and it is a hell of a lot more than swelling & discomfort (and that is the one that escaped LOL). It won't kill you, but it would send you to the hospital. The more common, new world tarantula species' bites aren't bad beyond the mechanical damage done by the fangs, which can be 1"+ long depending on the species.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 10-27-2010 at 04:09 PM.

Originally posted by beyond_ban

Not even a black widow?
    It would be very hard for a health adult to die from a spider bite, when medical help is available.

Worlds Most Venomious Spider
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazilian_wandering_spider

"Its venomous bite causes not only intense pain, the venom of the spider can also cause priapism – uncomfortable erections lasting for many hours that lead to impotence."

My Ride
    Integra Type R

anybody got an ant farm? i've always been interested in them...an aquarium tank with gel set-up, so you can see the colony in 3d...not one of those flat set-ups where the colony is 2d
    wh...?

happy karma

angry Karma
    2011 Chevy Colorado Z71 - 5.3L LH9 - Daily driver
    2003 Mazda B4000 on 35s

jynx the iguana eating the cat foods

Last edited by syritis; 05-21-2011 at 07:10 PM.
    2003 Mazda B4000 on 35s

This is Homie and Fluffy. (don't ask me which one is which)
    2003 Mazda B4000 on 35s

My Ride
    93 integra

i never understood the appeal of a spider as a pet...not that cool to look at...more gross in my eyes. Also the chance of them getting out...just so gross..

But those chameleons are all bad ass btw!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast