Quantcast
Post your motorcycle - Page 41 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 41 of 55 FirstFirst ... 31 40 41 42 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your motorcycle

My Ride
    2015 Ram 1500

Technically it'll be shared by him and my 5 year old daughter. But honestly 7 is late for a pw50 the 4-6 year old 50 class generally has a couple pw's and mostly ktm 50 minis, by the time you get to the 6-8 year old division it's almost all ktm 50 sx's. 65's is all ktms. 85's you start seeing some kawis and huskies pop up. Kids ride 85's up until they're 16 or so, although usually by that point they're on a race built super mini with a ridiculous motor. I've seen kids on the super minis clear the mountains edge mountain at wildrose. It's serious business.
    Originally posted by HeavyD
    you know you are making the right decision if Toma opposes it.

My Ride
    changes every year

Lol jesus. I'm trying to find something for my kid to learn on and I don't know what to start with but I don't want to spend that much.

My Ride
    2015 Ram 1500

The PW is THE learning dirt bike. It'll run on anything, it has a throttle limiter and another limiter in the header to speed it up more once you run out of room on the limiter. They're pretty much bullet proof. You can piss in the tank and it'll probably run. And you could use it for 2-3 years and sell it for 80% of what you paid brand new. It's hard to argue with. Going up from there it's going to cost you more, and be less learning friendly. Every now and then a cobra 50 will pop up used. They go for 2000-2500 and will hold their own and more against a ktm 50, and they're a good size for learning, but they lack the limiters, so you're on your own on that one.

If your kid is interested in racing take em down to wildrose this Saturday. Moto nationals all weekend at the track, but Saturday is a full amateur race day including all the small classes, and the women's championship.
    Originally posted by HeavyD
    you know you are making the right decision if Toma opposes it.

My Ride
    This and that.

Originally posted by 03ozwhip
    Lol jesus. I'm trying to find something for my kid to learn on and I don't know what to start with but I don't want to spend that much.
    You should get him (you) my 300CC chopper.

My Ride
    changes every year

Originally posted by shakalaka

You should get him (you) my 300CC chopper.
    LOL I don't know how well that will work on dirt haha

My Ride
    Porsche 997 E911

2016 Nightrod

Last edited by vr6tee; 06-17-2016 at 07:01 AM.

My Ride
    MR2

My Ride
    1977 CB550

My Ride
    E90

^

My Ride
    Has either 2 or 4 wheels

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

And

click for larger version

Currently

Night Rod is for sale in the marketplace if anyone is interested. Not enough seat time to ride both.
    Signature..... I ate it!!

Originally posted by wildkarrde
    thats really cool

My Ride
    2011 Volkswagen Golf TDI

click for larger version
    Last edited by madramzi24; 08-18-2016 at 10:19 PM.

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Currently in the market for a Dyna Street bob. Having a hard time finding one I want.... couple on Kijiji I'm hoping the guys will come down on with price but gotta wait and see

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

The girls

click for larger version

My Ride
    09 Cayman, 14' Tacoma,09' Ninja 250, 82' XV920

OoOoo Ercchry how do you like the Duke? Looks like the 390??? I'm quite interested in one of those after spending a season on my Ninja 250. I'm a little worried it's not going to be a big enough step though and not a great highway bike (I know it's not built for long trips but the odd trip to BC would be fun). I'd like to hear your experience though. My alternatives are the FZ07/09 or 390/690 Duke.

As for pics of my junk, I've got a basic Ninja 250 and an 82 Virago my father gave me 3 years ago to learn on. However under further examination it needed a ton of work (Brake pads and calipers,, swing arm bearings, tires etc. So I'm building a little budget bobber out of it instead, I'm just happy to see the project moving in a direction after its sat for so long.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Yeah it's the 390, I love it

Can't comment on how much "more" bike it is over the ninja since I have only rode a 636 ninja haha

For me it's perfect, only thing that would really suck for longer trips is the size of the tank, I usually get around 200kms to a tank and when the light comes on it usually only takes 8L, so I mean it probably wouldn't be too bad just to take a little 5L jerry with you to say make it from golden to revy without being worried about running dry

I'm a big dude at 6' 1" and 210lbs and I'd say height wise I'm at the limits of comfort on this thing. I would probably fit the 690 much better, but haven't rode one of those, only a 990... which is a completely different bike, fun... but not in the same way.

The 390 really shines in tight corners, switchbacks are crazy fun and this thing pulls away from much bigger bikes in those conditions... that being said it's not a terrible highway bike, obviously it's not a goldwing or anything. But even with me on it 160km/h is not a tough speed to reach, very slow acceleration past that point though. It's also incredibly stable with cross winds for its size and being naked

I'd say on most of the roads around here a 690 (ktm or husky) is the way to go... but for half the msrp the 390 is a great bike and roads like the 3a out in BC I wouldn't want anything else... would love to ride one around the hills near Malibu if nothing but to compare it to the 899 duc I rented when I was down there... which rarely made it out of second gear

Just love being able to use every to it's limits, which you just can't do with big bikes on the street, I started with a 750 gsxr and it was just stupid the situations you could get yourself in with a bike like that

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

1981 DT175 (Street Legal 2 stroke)
    click for larger version
    p
    1978 CB750K (Project)
    click for larger version

My Ride
    09 Cayman, 14' Tacoma,09' Ninja 250, 82' XV920

Originally posted by ercchry
    Yeah it's the 390, I love it

Can't comment on how much "more" bike it is over the ninja since I have only rode a 636 ninja haha

For me it's perfect, only thing that would really suck for longer trips is the size of the tank, I usually get around 200kms to a tank and when the light comes on it usually only takes 8L, so I mean it probably wouldn't be too bad just to take a little 5L jerry with you to say make it from golden to revy without being worried about running dry

I'm a big dude at 6' 1" and 210lbs and I'd say height wise I'm at the limits of comfort on this thing. I would probably fit the 690 much better, but haven't rode one of those, only a 990... which is a completely different bike, fun... but not in the same way.

The 390 really shines in tight corners, switchbacks are crazy fun and this thing pulls away from much bigger bikes in those conditions... that being said it's not a terrible highway bike, obviously it's not a goldwing or anything. But even with me on it 160km/h is not a tough speed to reach, very slow acceleration past that point though. It's also incredibly stable with cross winds for its size and being naked

I'd say on most of the roads around here a 690 (ktm or husky) is the way to go... but for half the msrp the 390 is a great bike and roads like the 3a out in BC I wouldn't want anything else... would love to ride one around the hills near Malibu if nothing but to compare it to the 899 duc I rented when I was down there... which rarely made it out of second gear

Just love being able to use every to it's limits, which you just can't do with big bikes on the street, I started with a 750 gsxr and it was just stupid the situations you could get yourself in with a bike like that
    I completely agree about the 3a. My dad has a lake front property out there and his driveway literally touches the 3a. My 250 was an absolute blast out there (put it in the back of my Tacoma to get it there). I couldn't imagine having a big bike out there, it wouldn't be nearly as fun. The 390 is the bike I saw and instantly wanted to learn to ride. The only downside I could find was the small fuel tank. Maybe a nice middle step between the 250 and FZ09 though? We'll see come spring, but thank you for your input!

Just picked this up today. Restoring it for my wife to ride.

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Found a Street Bob finally. Picking it up next week.

2015 with ABS, full stage 1, and some cosmetic goodies. Can't wait to start making a project out of it!

Page 41 of 55 FirstFirst ... 31 40 41 42 51 ... LastLast