Quantcast
Interracial families. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Interracial families.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Question Interracial families.

How many interracial familes do we have on here? Curious, which side did the children take after more?

Was there a difference between each child?

Any of them come out with eyes a different color other then brown?

its all biology, the other races other than Caucasian will be the more dominate gene.

ie, the brown eyes, dark hair and tan skin.

but my old manager (japanese) and her husband (white) had a baby and his eyes were bright blue.

which happens sometimes than goes to brown after.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Originally posted by GQBalla
    its all biology, the other races other than Caucasian will be the more dominate gene.

ie, the brown eyes, dark hair and tan skin.

but my old manager (japanese) and her husband (white) had a baby and his eyes were bright blue.

which happens sometimes than goes to brown after.
    I've read that the old theroies of dominant vs recessive genes being the determining factor of eye color, skin color and so on are false.

Thats why I thought I would start this thread to see what interracial families produced.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by GQBalla
    O'rly? Whysat?

My Ride
    2003 Civic

My Ride
    DC4

I have a few friends who are mixed race and although I know it is not biologically correct it seems for whatever reason they take after the mother more than the father. For example one friend has a filipino mom and white dad and is very dark, basically looks fully filipino but hair is curly like his dad which isn't usual for filipinos. Another friend has a white mom and chinese dad and is very light skinned and looks very obviosuly to be only half chinese (wider eyes, fuller face, more muscle and wider build) A kid I coached in hockey was half black half native and his dad was black, he had super curly black hair and you could barely tell he was half native. So I really think its just like biology says, a combination of both peoples genes and you don't really know what is going to come out, except that the dominate genes acquired will be more visible due to their dominant nature.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

well, my wife is 1/4 cree and has dark brown eyes and hair (very dominant for natives obviously) and our daughter has green eyes and sandy blond hair...
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My kids are mixed. I am of mixed heritage myself, my mom being Dutch/Japanese, and my dad Chinese. My wife is 100% Irish-Canadian Caucasian.

We have 4 kids:
    Oldest looks most like me, but has red hair, freckles, light brown eyes
    Second oldest looks caucasian, has brown hair but hazel (more green than brown) eyes
    Third looks caucasian but is the darkest in colouring of the 4, dark brown hair, dark brown eyes (darker than mine)
    Forth looks caucasian, brown hair, hazel eyes like the second oldest.

All have the Asian nose, which seems to be a dominating trait. Their eye shape is a bit "almond", but not very much. Hard to describe my kids without photos, but I don't have pics of my kids online.

My Ride
    "Four f***ing wheels and a seat!"

a thread for people like me!

So my father is Caucasian ... Scottish/Scandinavian (most likely Norwegian) ancestry, and my mother is Chinese (from Hong Kong). Father has blue eyes and light brown hair, mother has dark brown eyes and black hair.

I'm the oldest of 4 and the traits are fairly similar -- brown eyes, but not as dark as mom's. Dark hair, although it varies from dark brown to a dark reddish hue. This seems to vary from season to season almost. For some reason, some years my hair is almost black, while in others it looks more dark brown/reddish. None of us have "asian" eyes, although my mom doesn't have stereotypical Asian eyes at all. All of us have pale skin, but again, my mom is a fair skinned East Asian.

How people perceive me -- this has also changed over the years. When I was a kid I people think I looked more "Asian" than anything, but into my teenaged years and young adulthood, everybody now thinks that I look "white" (I suppose having a very Scottish first and last name also helps in this perception). Only exception seems to be people who are either half white / half Asian themselves, or people (pretty much always males) who are white and are married to an Asian person and have children with this person. I suppose this applies to myself as well, as I think I can instantly identify a half white/half asian person. Whenever I see kids that are clearly half white / half asian, I suppose a part of me inside is thinking "yes! we're gonna take over the world someday..."
    Last edited by Gainsbarre; 04-26-2010 at 12:52 PM.

My Ride
    Torqueless wonder!

Half Caucasian/Oriental. Me gots light brown eyes, with a green tinge either around the outside/inside, forget which one. Sister has a "pie slice" of blue of green in one of her irises, which too are brown.

We all generally have brown hair. Sometimes gets a golden tinge in the sun, at least when we were younger.

Complexion = average, slightly darker than caucasian.

Hard to say exactly which side we take after - depends how we dress, do our hair, what car we drive, heh

My Ride
    Audi

I'm viet.. my wife is as white as they get. My son sort of looks asian but with the same hair colour and skin colour as my wife.

He had grey/blue eyes that turned hazel and are now mostly brown.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/282570/fa...en-photoshoot/

He's the one in the striped sweater and in the giraffe costume.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Originally posted by Gainsbarre
    Only exception seems to be people who are either half white / half Asian themselves, or people (pretty much always males) who are white and are married to an Asian person and have children with this person. I suppose this applies to myself as well, as I think I can instantly identify a half white/half asian person.
    So it's kinda like a gaydar, but without the gay.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Lease

I love half mixed girls of any combination of races

When all them Hong Kong chicks moved to Vancouver in the late 80's - 90's... they get knocked up by white dudes, so now their daughters are like 18-21. I love Vancouver

My Ride
    09 XRS

I'm also a halfie.. Chinese (Mom)/Caucasion (Dad)...

My Mom is fairly light skinned, dark brown eyes, dark hair... Dad fair skinned, green eyes, and light brown hair... but I don't look asian to most people... like mentioned before, unless they are asian or a halfie, they know I am too, but most people just say I look "exotic" and have no idea what I am. My brother on the other hand looks Chinese.

Me - hazel/greenish eyes, dark almost black hair in winter, medium brown/blonde hair in the summer, a little darker than olive skin
    Bro - dark dark brown eyes, black hair all the time, much lighter complexion than me...

I guess my brother has more of my mom's genes.. but me, I dunno

My Ride
    66 Accord

My dads black but I look like a white boy.

My Ride
    2013 FR-S

Originally posted by sexualbanana

So... a dar?

My Ride
    "Four f***ing wheels and a seat!"

Originally posted by sexualbanana

Doesn't everybody? I mean, if your ethnic background is Russian/Vietnamese/Burmese/Moroccan/Brazilian (and so on) aren't you more likely to notice when somebody is of the same background as you? Especially if you're a minority...

There aren't that many half white / half asian people around (yet..), so when I see one I'll notice. I saw a Chinese woman with a kid that was clearly fathered by a white guy last week at the bus stop (and so on...).

Originally posted by gts_gurl
    I'm also a halfie.. Chinese (Mom)/Caucasion (Dad)...

My Mom is fairly light skinned, dark brown eyes, dark hair... Dad fair skinned, green eyes, and light brown hair... but I don't look asian to most people... like mentioned before, unless they are asian or a halfie, they know I am too, but most people just say I look "exotic" and have no idea what I am. My brother on the other hand looks Chinese.

Me - hazel/greenish eyes, dark almost black hair in winter, medium brown/blonde hair in the summer, a little darker than olive skin
    Bro - dark dark brown eyes, black hair all the time, much lighter complexion than me...

I guess my brother has more of my mom's genes.. but me, I dunno

Pics?

What's more interesting is when the mother is white and the dad is white and the kid came out black......hmmm.....

My Ride
    Torqueless wonder!

no one's a mix of: middle eastern/black/oriental/south american? Seems that if someone's a mix it's always white/asian...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast