Quantcast
Costco/ Evolution Spas Hot tubs - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Costco/ Evolution Spas Hot tubs

Default Costco/ Evolution Spas Hot tubs

Hey beyond,

I have recently decided that I would really like to get into the hot tub game. I have mostly been looking at used tubs in the under $3000 range but noticed the other day that Costco sells a brand new tub with warrenty for $3400. Specifically this one.

Does anyone have any experience buying a tub from Costco or Evolution Spa's?

Does anyone have this exact tub? I would really like to see one in person before ordering one and costco isn't displaying them right now.

If you can help me out, please let me know. If you have any other advice on finding a decent tub, pass it on.

Thanks,

Stephen

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

My father-in-law used to own a hot-tub store, he has nothing good to say about the Costco ones. If you want a good sampling of good ones, just go to the Hot-Tub district (Center street, just north of Glenmore, there's 4 or 5 stores there)

- Cheap, easily breakable plastic
    - Little or no insulation
    - Electric is garbage for our climate, unless you intend on not using it in the winter.
    Last edited by Tik-Tok; 05-11-2010 at 08:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

We looked at every hot tub brand in Calgary for several months before buying our tub. We even tried a bunch out haha. The Costco ones are pretty average, you get what you pay for.

The best brands, based on what I remember from my research:

Artesian (what we bought, when we were shopping they had the best warranty, highest quality tubs, and most features).
    Hotspring
    Sunbeam (sp?)

Jacuzzi was ok, but a little weird.

Stay away from:

Beachcomber
    Arctic Spas
    Polar Spas

I can't remember all the other names but out of our favorite brands it came down to seating layout more than anything. YMMV.

My Ride
    KTM

I had a freind buy one and said it was awesome. After about a year it had a small leak so they sent out their warranty repair guy- he gave them 2 options give us a month and we will take it back and fix it or i will take it away and go back to Costco and get you money back. He got his money back and used it for a year. Costco return policy FTW

I bought a 13OO litre, 6 man hot tub from Arctic spas. It's a Coyote. I paid $54OO for it 5 years ago. Has full sprayed-in insulation in the box underneath. I paid about $4OO to get my sparky to wire it in and supply a 24O volt dedicated GFI circuit breaker for it. In the 5 yrs I've replace the heating coil ($12O) and just recently replaced the pump ($325). Thing is still in tiptop shape other than I need a new top for it now. It wasn't the most expensive tub but I felt, did the job.

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

We've owned at Hotspring Hotspot 4 man tub for 15 years now and the thing has cost us less than $800 in parts/repairs over that time. It was a more expensive brand then and still is, but due to the amount of insulation this thing has, the monthly heating costs have been minimal - no more than probably $8-10 a month. Now it is a 110V model and it doesn't heat the water when the high speed pump is running, but by the time the water starts to cool down, we're ready to get out any ways. Our advice having been a hot tub owners for 15 years - stick with a better brand and make sure the insulation is well done. Also, go with a layer of cut-to-shape swimming pool bubble wrap to float on top of the water when the lid is on - this will save you heating costs as well as reduce the amount of water that will evaporate when it is not being used. A cheap tub with inadequate insulation will hurt your pocket more than you can imagine during the winter months.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    Super Car(s)

I always thought Artic spa's were the best.... I might consider one this year when I build my deck... dunno.

My Ride
    V8s

My family had a beachcomber for about 12 years and it was great, then when my parents moved the replaced it with another beachcomber... wonder why you stay away from them, they've been great for us.

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

Originally posted by C_Dave45
    I bought a 13OO litre, 6 man hot tub from Arctic spas. It's a Coyote. I paid $54OO for it 5 years ago. Has full sprayed-in insulation in the box underneath. I paid about $4OO to get my sparky to wire it in and supply a 24O volt dedicated GFI circuit breaker for it. In the 5 yrs I've replace the heating coil ($12O) and just recently replaced the pump ($325). Thing is still in tiptop shape other than I need a new top for it now. It wasn't the most expensive tub but I felt, did the job.
    just so you guys know back then the breaker may have been cheaper, but now the breaker alone is around $200, wire well it all depends $100-$200 then the labour. just a fyi