Quantcast
Street Sweepers Poll - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: What should happen?

Voters
181. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tow them right away!

57 31.49%
  • Give notice the day before cleaning then tow them if not removed by morning of cleaning.

81 44.75%
  • Notice 2 days before, another 1 day before, first cleaning around them, signs posted stating you will be towed if not removed by morning, second cleaning.

28 15.47%
  • Nothing, just sweep around them and move on.

15 8.29%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Street Sweepers Poll

My Ride
    Z

Default Street Sweepers Poll

What do you think should happen to people who leave their cars on the street? Even when there are signs posted with dates a couple days in advance.

IMO: They should give notice the night before and then tow them if they're still there in the morning.

Edit: Option 3 is what they are currently doing.
    Last edited by BlkMaxima; 06-01-2010 at 11:44 PM.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Default Re: Street Sweepers Poll

Originally posted by BlkMaxima

Edit: Option 3 is what they are currently doing.
    I don't think so.

My neighbor's truck been there 4 weeks with a pile of sand around it.

I vote for option 1. You are not supposed to park on the street for more than 24hrs. Given more than 24hr notice, it should be gone by the time cleaner arrives. If not, off to the pound it goes.

I don't want my tax $ cater to people who can't follow simple instructions.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 06-01-2010 at 11:57 PM.

My Ride
    Z

Default Re: Re: Street Sweepers Poll

Originally posted by Xtrema

I don't think so.

My neighbor's truck been there 4 weeks with a pile of sand around it.
    That's what they are doing in Cranston? Weird that they're doing it different somewhere else.

But this is along a condo building that has tons of cars all over the street on a daily basis.

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

The signs went up in my hood the day before. That was bullshit. I didn't even see them. Thankfully nothing was on the street though. A ton of others got mowed around, unfortunately.

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

Tow em. That's what they do in a lot of other cities, but they put up signs every few dozen meters down the sidewalks to make sure you know 24 hrs in advance. They'll tow your car to part of the neighborhood that has been swept already, and leave you a nice tow bill. If people don't move their cars, there is really no point in even sweeping. Cause the stuff that didn't get swept just works it's way all over the street in a couple days anyways.
    Last edited by Cooked Rice; 06-02-2010 at 02:12 AM.

My Ride
    335xi 70 c10 84 c10 Indian chief

well, what we do for the most part (city wide) is move them to a clean part on the street, i moved 22 cars off of 14 ave, and put them on side streets and whatever, not a big deal.

there is no way they could impound them all, but they generally give notice not to park there, and if you park there you deserve to be either moved or towed.

if you come out and have a ticket but havent been moved yet, give the little yellow ticket to the tow truck operator so he still gets paid

My Ride
    Subaru Impreza 2.5RS

Id vote for putting up signs before, then towing whos on the street.
    But the thing is the signs arnt being put up with the same amount of time for everyone to notice.
    The signs need to be placed in good locations and with at least 48hrs notice IMO.
    If you cant notice the signs after that long then its your fault.

My Ride
    '10 RX350 & '08 e90 335i

Sweep around them and ticket
    Autosignature

My Ride
    You Crazy

Last 2 years, the City has royally fucked the pooch with this sweeping.

Our storm Drain is clogged cause they have done such a shit job.

Before, as in a few years ago, they would clean the STREETS one day, then the AVENUES the next so people had a place to park. and they DID tow cars, off to the street or avenue.

They also gave a specific DAY they were cleaning. LAst 2 years, they say "street cleaning 27th-29th!! WTF? Am I supposed to avoid parking for 3 days?

RETARDS.

I spent 2 hours yesterday cleaning my owns piece of street cause some asshole was parked in front when they sent the cleaning trucks by.

I didnt know Citywide just moved cars to another street that was already cleaned. It would be a trip to go out to your car and find out its on another street. I would think I was losing my sanity, haha

My Ride
    GD + GR WRB

They did the 'preliminary' sweep of our 'hood this spring with no warning. My car was parked in front of the house so there was still some rocks left over.

I figured they were going to sweep it for real later on, so I watched for the signs and made sure the car was in the back so the street would get cleaned up properly. The 2 days came and went, and they didn't sweep our side of the street again at all. Still tons of gravel all over..
    Bought not built!

I agree the three day span is retarded.

So many people haven't moved their cars, and we're on the second day. I counted over 30 when I left my area

Yeah, there needs to be an actual date provided as to when the sweeper will for sure be doing the cleaning, otherwise people end up leaving their vehicles on the roadway because they don't know exactly when they are coming... 3 day window is too vague.

If they gave an actual date in addition to signage that reflected this, then I am all for towing vehicles out of the way so that the streets can be swept.

We lucked out in our cul-de-sac this year... everyone just happened to have their vehicles out of the way... first time in years we've had a fully cleaned street.

My Ride
    Bicycle

The 3 day span is probably give them room to deal with other retards that park on the road and delay their progress.

I'm sure they can narrow that down if they enforce tag and tow without question.

My Ride
    G6

I'd say give notice a week ahead of time with the cleaning date and keep the signs posted. Option 1 makes no sense as nobody would know about the street cleaning and options 2 & 3 are too little notice. Sure it works for people who drive every day, but for me it's rare to drive more then twice a week (live near D/T), so two days wouldn't be enough notice. After a week of notice, tow anyone who hasn't moved.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

We also have to consider that with Calgary springs, the dates often move to work around the weather. My neighborhood was schedule for 2 days, but got moved because of the weather.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    MB C63

Originally posted by Feruk
    I'd say give notice a week ahead of time with the cleaning date and keep the signs posted. Option 1 makes no sense as nobody would know about the street cleaning and options 2 & 3 are too little notice. Sure it works for people who drive every day, but for me it's rare to drive more then twice a week (live near D/T), so two days wouldn't be enough notice. After a week of notice, tow anyone who hasn't moved.
    You do leave your house right? If they posted signs all over the place wether you drive or not should not be an issue. If you see the signs you simply move your car.

Also on the note of the vague 3 day window, totally agreed. We had signs up in our hood for a week in advance for a 2 day clean-up, it then got pushed back the day before to another 2 day set, and then once more a couple of days before.

I'd say if they put up signs and put a detailed chart online stating the single day that they will be by to clean well ahead of time, no bodies car should be on the street.

edit: one question I always had, was why the hell don't they street clean after it rains? Wouldn't this save them the effort of having to throw water all over the place.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

What about the people who are out of town? What about people that don't have driveways or somewhere else to park their car?

Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo
    What about the people who are out of town? What about people that don't have driveways or somewhere else to park their car?
    Simple: Tow.

By law, you are not allowed to park on the street for more than 24hours. If you are gone on business/out of town, you should park on your own property.

Simple.
    Last edited by scat330; 06-02-2010 at 12:38 PM.

My Ride
    Rev. Runner

They cleaned my street last night. The small signs were placed at regular intervals along the street stating the streets will be cleaned in-between 20:00 and 23:00. Everybody moved their cars.

The signs were moved to the next street as soon as my street was done.

Can't think of any better way of notifying than that.
    Hell Bent on the Worst Kind of Infamy

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast