Quantcast
Losers who leave their pets locked in their cars on a hot day - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Losers who leave their pets locked in their cars on a hot day

My Ride
    2009 Forester

Default Losers who leave their pets locked in their cars on a hot day

I've lost count over how many times I've seen a car or truck in a mall parking lot with at least 1 dog in it and the windows only rolled down 1 inch.

It happened again yesterday at southcentre. I went to security and by the time they got out there the car had gone.

What do you guys do when you see something like this? I was thinking of printing some business card size notes and leaving them on the windshield telling them that next time they'll come back to a broken window, but chances are they'll throw it away and keep doing what they're doing.
    Tim

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

I would just call animal services or the authorities and have them come so they can break the windows of the car. Most likely even if you leave them a note, it won't affect them or deter them from doing it next time.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    is probably sh*tier than urs

i dont undrstand the people at south center. i saw a dog panting his ass off in a rav 4 2 weeks ago when i went. I stood there , called, and waited for the proper authorities to come and let them deal with it. Dog was fine but drank SO much water after.

fnuny u mention it though

http://www.wpix.com/news/wpix-dog-di...,5633713.story

i did not enjoy reading that today.
    You can technically get a ticket for each window that's illegally tinted. So as above, if you're being an ass to the officer (or if he's just an ass to begin with), he can give you two. (or three tickets if you're dumb enough to tint the windshield of your BMW... but if you own a BMW you can't be stupid right?)
    Originally posted by RoseLover

Any penny you have to work hard to get, you will consider as "cheapness"...if you hate people from overseas...why you stay in North America!

My Ride
    Cummins F10

smash the window and u get a free puppy!
    Originally posted by Mibz
    The criteria for being a Beyond Baller is simply knowing you are one.
    Deleted F10 535d
    My hybrid burns Diesel & Oil

My Ride
    2009 Forester

Does animal services have the authority to use someone's license plate to follow up and take action?

Police won't show up for something like this, right?
    Tim

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

I dunno, I do the same thing once in awhile. I wouldn't leave my dog for more than a 1/2 hour, and wouldn't do it if it were 30+ out, that's for sure, but there's nothing wrong with leaving him for a few minutes while running into the store.

Who's to say the situation wasn't the same for your spot yesterday?

edit: I should add though, that my cars fully tinted, and I have a windshield reflector on hot days though.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    '08 Audi A6 4.2L S-line

Originally posted by T-Dubbs
    smash the window and u get a free puppy!
    Werd..

2 for the price of 1!

1) Puppy saver hero badge
    2) New puppy!

My Ride
    Vettel's #1

Default Re: Losers who leave their pets locked in their cars on a hot day

Originally posted by TimG

It happened again yesterday at southcentre. I went to security and by the time they got out there the car had gone.

I think someone was spending quality time with their dog, and needed to stop in to grab something quickly at the mall, and then they left. You said yourself they were gone by the time you told on them.

I leave the dog in the car anytime I need to run inside somewhere quickly. It's not a big deal. If you came out 2 hours later, then yeah that sucks. But it doesn't sound like the case. Besides, I bet that dog was a lot happier going for a car ride then staying at home by itself.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

I know it sounds hard to believe, but I'm pretty sure that the public has a right to smash out the window in order to save the dog in distress if the owner is being negligent.

Just food for thought...

My Ride
    2009 Forester

so it's ok to do it if it's only for a few minutes.. until someone does it for a few hours and the dog dies, and then people start screaming "why didn't anybody do anything??"

For all I know, that car could have been there for several hours already. The engine didn't seem warm to me, so the car had to have been there for a while.
    Tim

this is no worse than morons who leave their dogs in thier backyard in the rain or in the cold with no food.

How about we treat the idiot owners like this and see how they feel.
    Originally posted by Thaco
    get an lcd for anywhere, with the 120/240hz it's superior in all ways.
    LOL

My Ride

You guys are tools. Smashing windows to save a dog. I'm a dog lover but they are still considered personal property. It would be like breaking into someones car. Not to mention the shattering glass might hurt the dog more than being in the heat for 10 minutes.

Another thing to keep in mind as mentioned, you dont know how long the dog has been in there. I never leave my dog long in my car, but I do take him with me a lot. When I leave him alone, its only for a few minutes so I leave the windows only cracked or else everyone that walks by will pet him because he sticks his head out the window if he can.

A hero like some of you would assume he's in distress but in reality I've gone to buy some cold water for both of us returning from a park or something.

My Ride
    Forester STI

Hrmmm I thought I could find it on YouTube but aparantly not.. a few years back the RSPCA (in Australia) ran an advertising campaign explaining how the interior of a car can get to 85 degree's in under 15 minutes on a 35+ day. Which is enough to cook a dogs/cats/babies brain and kill it.

I'm sure you can call in animal control and they can level charges. Leaving a pet (or child) to cook to death in a car is just as criminal as starvation or beating.
    The Lazymans Signature (tm)

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

Originally posted by 5hift
    You guys are tools. Smashing windows to save a dog. I'm a dog lover but they are still considered personal property. It would be like breaking into someones car. Not to mention the shattering glass might hurt the dog more than being in the heat for 10 minutes.

Another thing to keep in mind as mentioned, you dont know how long the dog has been in there. I never leave my dog long in my car, but I do take him with me a lot. When I leave him alone, its only for a few minutes so I leave the windows only cracked or else everyone that walks by will pet him because he sticks his head out the window if he can.

A hero like some of you would assume he's in distress but in reality I've gone to buy some cold water for both of us returning from a park or something.
    I'm actually not a dog lover but I sort of disagree.
    While they are your property, they are also your responsibility.

I don't really pay attention to dogs locked in hot cars, but I don't think there is anything wrong with saving the dog.

Yes, it is property damage and if you break the window you would be responsible to fix the window, but if the dog is really in trouble you have to make that decision.
    So while it is property damage and you would be responsible to fix the damage, you have to decide if there is not enough time to wait for a tow truck to unlock the car.

It's not 'right' to damage someones property whether there is a suffering dog inside or not, but I cannot blame someone for doing it, and I would never tell them not to, but you have to repair the damages.

-This has nothing to do with the current laws, courts etc, this is just what I believe is the most correct approach to dealing with tough decisions like this.
    It's all personal opinion but I think it is pretty logical and consistent.
    Last edited by Modelexis; 07-08-2010 at 11:11 AM.
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

My Ride
    acura TYPE A

I've lost count over how many times I've seen a car or truck in a mall parking lot with at least 1 dog in it and the windows only rolled down 1 inch.

What do you guys do when you see something like this? I was thinking of printing some business card size notes and leaving them on the windshield telling them that next time they'll come back to a broken window, but chances are they'll throw it away and keep doing what they're doing.

never mind the dogs, there are people leaving their kids...........

besides lots of dog owners put their pet before people and even their old children!!

If we could bring our dogs into the mall, problem solved. Too bad there are so many poorly trained dogs in this city that this will never be a reality.

I leave my dog in the car all the time. No longer than 30 min tho. I also always have all 4 windows open at least halfway (just enough for the dumbass not to jump out haha) and the sunroof wide open. If its especially hot, i even leave a bowl of water in there. I keep a foldable one in the trunk along with some water at all times.

He loves it! I always come out and hes loungin on the seat. He just loves car rides in general so i take him everywhere. But i love my dog, he isnt a tool, or property. He is my buddy so i wont subject him to anything that i wouldnt be ok with being subjected too.

That being said, i see it happen all the time. Windows up in the blistering heat. These people dont give a fuck. I weant as far once as to pour water through a 1" cracked window to give a shepard some water because he was panting like fuck. The pour guy wouldnt stop drinking. I hope the water was nice to sit in for the owner, fucking tool.

My Ride
    2018 Lexus IS350 AWD F-Sport 3

how do you know how long the dog has been in the car for?
    i do this all the time, go grab a movie, bring my dog with me, run into blockbuster and leave him in the car for 5 minutes with the window down...
    maybe if you saw the dog in there before you went shopping, then came back out after you had finished shopping then you could think about putting your note on the car, or smashing someones window...

Originally posted by copynpaste
    this is no worse than morons who leave their dogs in thier backyard in the rain or in the cold with no food.

How about we treat the idiot owners like this and see how they feel.

some dogs are outside dogs... obviously no food is a huge deal,
    but alot of dogs have thick coats, and can handle the cold just fine...
    but i get what you're saying
    These opinions are entirely my own and do not represent any other person or organization.

My Ride
    AE92GZE, Legacy BL, Yaris

We have done it.
    But only when we have line of sight on the car from inside.

If you have autostart you can see the car is running by looking at the headlights. and you can restart the car to keep the AC on from inside.

I have also done it at South center with the car off .. but there is a level of sheltered parking on one side of the building.
    Last edited by alloroc; 07-08-2010 at 12:03 PM.

My Ride
    Rev. Runner

Originally posted by copynpaste
    Who would want an inside dog? They're inbred to the point of being useless, unless you want it as an accessory.

There's too many variables to say whether leaving a dog in the car is ok or a criminal act. Anyone one starving a dog is sick though.
    Hell Bent on the Worst Kind of Infamy

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast