Quantcast
Hyundai > Honda - June Sales figures - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Hyundai > Honda - June Sales figures

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Default Hyundai > Honda - June Sales figures

Haven't done one of these in a while.

Hyundai is now selling more cars in Canada than Honda. Next target is Toyota
    Nice to see domestics recovering too even if it is by using big incentives to move cars.

http://www.canadiandriver.com/2010/0...t-for-june.htm

My Ride
    Bicycle

Not surprised.

Hyundai Kia Automotive Group (Hyundai + Kia) is now #3 in Canada in volume, behind GM and Ford. Ahead of Toyota+Lexus, Honda+Acura, Nissan+Infiniti.

Wow.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 07-06-2010 at 09:08 AM.

McDonalds sells more volume than anyone, yet I never read how great the food is, Hyundai and Kia.... ever been in one that is a couple years old? Garbage in my experience. To each their own.
    Last edited by kamakurakid; 07-06-2010 at 09:13 AM.
    Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

George Carlin

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by kamakurakid
    McDonalds sells more volume than anyone, yet I never read how great the food is, Hyundai and Kia.... ever been in one that is a couple years old, garbage in my experience.
    Your argument may be valid for luxury brands. Not for Toyota and Honda.

My Ride
    K-car

What kind of deals are going on over at Chrysler?up 101.4%!!They dont even have any new product compaired to this time last year.

My Ride
    Skateboard

They doubled their volume from 10 to 20 cars.

Originally posted by corsvette
    What kind of deals are going on over at Chrysler?up 101.4%!!They dont even have any new product compaired to this time last year.

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

Among Honda's traditional breadwinners, Civic, Accord, and CR-V, I'm sad to say there are better options out there.

But I still wouldn't be caught dead in a Hyundai or a Kia.

My Ride

Originally posted by kamakurakid
    McDonalds sells more volume than anyone, yet I never read how great the food is, Hyundai and Kia.... ever been in one that is a couple years old? Garbage in my experience. To each their own.
    But you never read how great Wendys or A&W is either...it's all context.

Last year I think they had nothing to sell as they shut down production and ran out of stock.

As much as people make fun they have one of the best minivans on the market for the $, one of the best full size trucks, their Jeep lineup is always popular...

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

You can understand why Honda delayed the release of the new Civic for rework. They realized that the same old 'ho hum, mediocre' car touting Honda reliability is no longer a big enough selling point to keep the Koreans and even domestics at bay. It will be interesting to see what they have up their sleeve as this new model will be very important to them moving forward.

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

That's true, the Civic is due for a new gen. They've been pretty good for refreshing them every 5 years or so.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by heavyD
    You can understand why Honda delayed the release of the new Civic for rework. They realized that the same old 'ho hum, mediocre' car touting Honda reliability is no longer a big enough selling point to keep the Koreans and even domestics at bay. It will be interesting to see what they have up their sleeve as this new model will be very important to them moving forward.
    The reason for the delay is that the original design of the Civic will become the size very close to the TSX/Accord and they changed direction to keep proportion the same.

So next gen Civic will be very similar to current gen due to the shorten development time frame. Next gen Civic should not be earth shattering in changes, much like the 7th gen.

Originally posted by Sentry
    That's true, the Civic is due for a new gen. They've been pretty good for refreshing them every 5 years or so.
    It's actually due this fall, but pushed 1 year back due to original design scrap. So Civic will have a rare 6th model year.

Originally posted by Aleks
    Last year I think they had nothing to sell as they shut down production and ran out of stock.

As much as people make fun they have one of the best minivans on the market for the $, one of the best full size trucks, their Jeep lineup is always popular...
    This time last year its when they declared bankrupcy and nobody knows if the dealers will be around.

End up only Chrysler Financial went belly up. The rest is rescued by Fiat.

They have one of the more popular minivan on the road but it's a POS. I know because my Dad cheap out and bought an 08 when I keep insisting on Odyssey or Sienna. Nothing but trouble with the quality. Even the transmission column cable broke and had to get the damn thing towed to dealer. Before that the radiator cap blew and we got a recall letter a year later. On top, the one time they got a mechanic out to move the van, he's barely sober.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 07-06-2010 at 12:58 PM.

My Ride
    W204

First off, when you sell 1 car one year and then 4 cars the next, that's 400% increase. Then... Combine that with the fact that you sell that 1 car 1 year to an actual person that walks into the showroom, and then the next year, sell 1 car to a person that walks in and 3 at fire sale prices to rentals and companies, and tada, you have Chrysler.

Or maybe they have to count all the inventory that the bought back from discountinued dealers as a sale.
    Last edited by clem24; 07-06-2010 at 01:53 PM.
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Originally posted by Xtrema

The reason for the delay is that the original design of the Civic will become the size very close to the TSX/Accord and they changed direction to keep proportion the same.
    Yes that is correct but there's more to it than that;

http://www.autoobserver.com/2010/05/...verything.html

Honda's falling into the 90's domestic trap of simply making cars bigger rather than innovating.

My Ride
    Has AWD

Don't forget, the current gen honda civic has one of the BEST steering responsive systems on the compact car market, dare I say on the entire market period. I've driven very near every single base model from every auto company and the only other car that even comes close to the current Civic was the 2008-2010 Chevy Cobalt SS Turbo. Even that fell short of the current Civics steering response, one of the smoothest shifting, easy to drive......if only they made the Civic si in a turbo model........hint hint if Honda is reading this

My Ride

Originally posted by MGCM
    Don't forget, the current gen honda civic has one of the BEST steering responsive systems on the compact car market, dare I say on the entire market period. I've driven very near every single base model from every auto company and the only other car that even comes close to the current Civic was the 2008-2010 Chevy Cobalt SS Turbo. Even that fell short of the current Civics steering response, one of the smoothest shifting, easy to drive......if only they made the Civic si in a turbo model........hint hint if Honda is reading this
    Steering is pretty much the shitiest part of a Civic. Shift action is best in class though unless you try it close to redline.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...ivic_si_page_4

My Ride
    Has AWD

Originally posted by Aleks

Steering is pretty much the shitiest part of a Civic. Shift action is best in class though unless you try it close to redline.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...ivic_si_page_4
    well no offense but obviously the retard who wrote that had NO IDEA WTF HE IS TALKING ABOUT........ZERO. Go test drive one and tell me I'm wrong........

My Ride
    //M

The Civic needs a quality re-design, or I feel that it may lose out to the Koreans and domestics, very easily. I work at Honda, and its disappointing how the new Honda's have no tech whatsoever compared to the competition (2010 models)
    Destroying anti-US trolls and idiots like broken_legs since 2009.
    Dallas, Texas

well no offense but obviously the retard who wrote that had NO IDEA WTF HE IS TALKING ABOUT........ZERO. Go test drive one and tell me I'm wrong........
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    Has AWD

Originally posted by 403Gemini

sry to say I am not watching w/e video you seem to think applies here, go drive a current gen civic b4 u say you don't like the steering, otherwise your a retarded follower with no mind of your own.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Don't forget, the current gen honda civic has one of the BEST steering responsive systems on the compact car market, dare I say on the entire market period.
    Come on man. You were stretching it with BEST in the compact market but entire market is just plain fanboyism at its worst.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast