Quantcast
Credit checks why? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Credit checks why?

Default Credit checks why?

Maybe its just me but unless youre working for a bank or major financial firm, I see no reason for companies needing to full comphrehensive credit checks on their staff. To me its totally irrelevant to the job, and its really none of their business. Anyone agree feel the same way?
    Originally posted by Thaco
    get an lcd for anywhere, with the 120/240hz it's superior in all ways.
    LOL

A clean credit record is indicative of someone that has their shit in order. If someone is broke and in piles of debt, the person is more subseptable to stealing or fraud.

It makes sense. If you really want the job, i dont see it being an issue.

I have a feeling this is going to make sense to everybody with good credit and be a unconstitutional to anybody with bad credit.

I, having fantastic credit, think it makes perfect sense. Just another number which makes me better than some other guy. </sass>

My Ride
    Axis powers

Originally posted by spike98
    A clean credit record is indicative of someone that has their shit in order. If someone is broke and in piles of debt, the person is more subseptable to stealing or fraud.

It makes sense. If you really want the job, i dont see it being an issue.
    it does matter, because of TD Canada Trust my credit is in the shitters right now, I paid out a loan a couple years ago but they are coming back to me now after sending it to collections saying they never received it and don't know what I'm talking about... yet after talking to ATB and having them conduct a trace TD did in fact cash the cheque

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Originally posted by Mibz
    I have a feeling this is going to make sense to everybody with good credit and be a unconstitutional to anybody with bad credit.

I, having fantastic credit, think it makes perfect sense. Just another number which makes me better than some other guy. &lt;/sass&gt;
    Yep, I think this is a great idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

I, having fantastic credit, think it makes perfect sense. Just another number which makes me better than some other guy. &lt;/sass&gt;
    You hit the nail right on the head.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    08 K24Z3, 07 YZF-R6

I believe in companies running credits checks only if you are working in the financial sector.
    Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.

Most companies/agencies where you need clearance will require a credit check as well... Can't really blame the companies though since it's mandated by the governments.

My Ride
    CRF 250L

While I agree that in some cases people with better credit scores may prove to be better employees, this case really feels like some sort of discrimination.

Unless a credit check is somehow directly related to your job, i don't think companies can legally ask for this. It seems like discrimination on some level.

If you need a security clearance, or need to be bondable, or are working with money etc... Yes sure, thats fine. But for a normal job? You could have a 500 dollar credit card and have 450 dollar balance and have a bad score. Credit score is personal information.

Next thing you know companies will be asking women if they are on birth control, or have plans of getting pregnant, testing people for blood pressure and genetic precursors to diseases. Don't want to hire someone that might go on the self funded disability insurance or take a maternity leave ya know...

This thing stinks to me - If anything you'd want to hire someone with a bad credit score. it means they will be a mindless worker drone for life. They will always be indebted and always be willing to work for you.
    TRUTH: it's the new hate speech.
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act. - Orwell

Hardly discrimination if all applicants must submit to a credit check.

My Ride
    CRF 250L

Originally posted by BlackArcher101
    Hardly discrimination if all applicants must submit to a credit check.
    Maybe I'm going a little too far here but the way I see it, this is tantamount to asking someone what their favourite colour or personal preferences are and hiring based on that. Or perhaps to hire based on diet, or if you are a non-smoker, or perhaps whether or not you hold a certain political view or even enjoy alcoholic beverages in your spare time - which has nothing to do with work. Your job has no business knowing this information about you if it's not directly relevant to your position.

Credit Score does not not determine your ability or interpersonal skills at work.
    TRUTH: it's the new hate speech.
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act. - Orwell

Sounds to me like you don't know how credit works.

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Originally posted by adam c

it does matter, because of TD Canada Trust my credit is in the shitters right now, I paid out a loan a couple years ago but they are coming back to me now after sending it to collections saying they never received it and don't know what I'm talking about... yet after talking to ATB and having them conduct a trace TD did in fact cash the cheque
    This happened to me as well with ATB, just a bunch of clumsy idiots.
    Its like "Thanks guys, due to your incompetance my life is heavily altered for the next 7 years"
    Im still chocked over it, another 4 years left before its off my credit history.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    Axis powers

Originally posted by Graham_A_M

This happened to me as well with ATB, just a bunch of clumsy idiots.
    Its like &quot;Thanks guys, due to your incompetance my life is heavily altered for the next 7 years&quot;
    Im still chocked over it, another 4 years left before its off my credit history.
    at least you have 4 more years, after this is finished with it will be 7 until it's clear and who knows how long it will take to fix

If you guys had problems that turned out not to be your fault then you should be talking to the credit companies and telling them you want your records fixed. Sitting around taking it is the worst thing you can do.

If you guys had problems that turned out not to be your fault then you should be talking to the credit companies and telling them you want your records fixed. Sitting around taking it is the worst thing you can do.
    Werd

I had a similar problem with a landlord bent out of shape. She expected me to pay for things, by law, i was required to pay for.

She sent it to collections and the lady jabbered on how they would ruin my credit rating and such. After a disscussion with my laywer, i told her to pound sand. For things like that, collection agencies CANNOT put marks on your record unless there is a legal judgement that names you liable for the monies owing. They tried, and i called equifax and had the marks removed.

Loans and credit cards are different however. But if mistakes are made, its up to you to push for them to be corrected. The creditors dont care, collection agencies dont care. Its on you! You would be surprised how a little foot work can get your score changed.

My Ride

I've done exactly that; but thanks to a bunch of non-existant system notes over what happened; and a complete change of staff (for *ALL* parties involved) there isn't much I or they can do, its all here-say at this point.
    after this whole fiasco went down the personal account manager said she'd reverse all the damage that was done and reset everything back to normal. I found out a few months back while looking for a loan that she didn't and Im still grossly affected by it. Fuck..... now talking to ATB, there isn't anything they can do since the staff and the incident is so long passed.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Originally posted by Graham_A_M

I've done exactly that; but thanks to a bunch of non-existant system notes over what happened; and a complete change of staff (for *ALL* parties involved) there isn't much I or they can do, its all here-say at this point.
    after this whole fiasco went down the personal account manager said she'd reverse all the damage that was done and reset everything back to normal. I found out a few months back while looking for a loan that she didn't and Im still grossly affected by it. Fuck..... now talking to ATB, there isn't anything they can do since the staff and the incident is so long passed.
    Call Equifax/Transunion/Experian and file a challenge on your file for the credit you are disputing. The onus will be on the lender to prove that you defaulted in your loans.

Ensure that you have as much evidence as possible in the event they do decide to challenge it. Most times, they don't.

My Ride

^ Awesome, thanks!!!! I'll do that.