Quantcast
Nanny Might Be Stealing - Hidden Cam Anyone? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Nanny Might Be Stealing - Hidden Cam Anyone?

Default Nanny Might Be Stealing - Hidden Cam Anyone?

For the last half year, we've hired a nanny to watch over our kids. The other day, we noticed that some things we'd stored in the basement had gone missing. We've turned the house upside down and can't seem to locate these missing items that were in the basement. We suspect the nanny may have taken them, but we don't know how long the items have been missing so it could also be any number of people who had attended one of our parties in the last few months.

My wife and I travel a lot for work and we'll be gone for three weeks in the beginning of August. The nanny will have free reign over the house during this time. If she is to take anything further, now would be the perfect opportunity to do so.

We really like her and can't imagine she would ever steal from us. However, the people who screw you over are sometimes the ones you least expect. While it would be easier to just replace her, we also don't want to throw out the baby with the bath water and get rid of her without any form of confirmation. She's a great nanny and we wouldn't want to lose her unless we really have to.

Therefore, to put our minds at ease, my wife and I want to setup a hidden camera while we're gone. Been looking around the internet and it seems that there are two kinds of cameras - the kind that needs connections to a PC and the all-in-one unit(camera+ storage integrated into one unit). I'm only interested in the all-in-one units as I don't want to bother with the PC hook up, but will consider it if the system is good. These things are quite pricey for a one time use application so I was hoping a Beyonder might have one I could rent off them. On top of the rental fee, I'll also leave a full security deposit for the equipment. Motion detection activation is also a must. Please PM me if you have something like this you can rent to me.

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

Poor kid(s)
    I can't imagine growing up without my parents around for more than a day at a time.
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

have u asked her if she has seen these missing items? and if u havent and you are going to ask her look at how her face changes or her tone of voice

My Ride

I have an old laptop with a webcam for just this sort of thing... the webcam is motion activated (takes pictures) and the laptop can be closed and left running while hidden (under a couch, for example). The software is free, and can upload to a ftp server if desired. You can run multiple instances of the program in order to use multiple webcams. My entire setup cost me $30 (cost of the webcam), and works pretty good.

I know you want an all-in-one setup, but this is a nice cheap alternative.

Click here for details

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Originally posted by Modelexis
    Poor kid(s)
    I can't imagine growing up without my parents around for more than a day at a time.
    So you're saying that you do have a camera setup he could use?
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

You might want to place a call to a lawyer first as I would think your nanny is indeed employed within your home, or risk getting a call from Saul and a nice lawsuit for you and your wife:

"In Canada, the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) generally requires a personÕs consent before video- or audio-recording them in a commercial or business situation. The consent can either be expressly given (either orally or in writing) or it can implied (such as clearly posting notice of the surveillance or advising callers of the recording of calls).

There are specific procedures outlined in PIPEDA which must be followed for a legal recording. If you plan to record calls or conversations with customers or clients, you should consult PIPEDA for its particulars. PIPEDA also applies to workplace/employee surveillance situations. Pursuant to PIPEDA, an employer must usually advise its employees of any personal information it is collecting from them and why it is collecting the information Š this can include video surveillance, phone monitoring, keystroke recording and email review. An employer should only collect information necessary to the employerÕs stated purpose in collecting it.

An individual (as opposed to a business) can record conversations with the consent of one party to a conversation. If you are taking part in the conversation yourself, the consent can come from you. With regard to video surveillance, Canada has passed a video voyeurism law, making it a crime to surreptitiously observe or record a person who has a reasonable expectation of privacy in the circumstances and is or is expected to be nude or partially nude or involved in sexual activity.

You canÕt legally place cameras in bathrooms or locker rooms. You canÕt legally set up a camera to record in your roommateÕs bedroom.Keep in mind that, in addition to federal laws in Canada, your home province may also have privacy, surveillance and/or voyeurism laws which should be reviewed as well."

Saul:
    Better Call Saul!!
    Last edited by kamakurakid; 07-26-2010 at 02:26 PM.
    Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

George Carlin

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

^ While it might technically be illegal, he does not have to tell her or anyone else that she was filmed. He just uses the info for his own knowledge, and fires her ass.

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

So you're saying that you do have a camera setup he could use?
    Ya really... keep your bleeding heart opnion to yourself and STFU if you're not gonna answer the question.

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

Originally posted by Jlude

Ya really... keep your bleeding heart opnion to yourself and STFU if you're not gonna answer the question.
    Hypocrite

Beyond is like an empathy attack machine.
    I feel even more sorry for whatever happened in your past that it makes you mad to hear about someone that considers a child's neglect.
    Last edited by Modelexis; 07-26-2010 at 03:34 PM.
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

My Ride
    Germanrific - 1/4/5/6/A/C/E/R

Poor kid(s)

Hypocrite

I feel even more sorry for whatever happened in your past that it makes you mad to hear about someone that considers a child's neglect.
    I would HARDLY consider it "child neglect' just because they're not around 24/7 and using a nanny.

My Ride

Hypocrite

I don't care what your opinion is, it's not about that. It's that your first to post and completely off topic. If you're not gonna answer the question, then stfu.

Go be better than us, somewhere else, please.

My Ride
    '97 BMW 328is M-Sport

... Pics of nanny?
    Originally posted by FraserB
    I think their main complaint is that they did not receive the stolen property they paid for.

My Ride
    72 Virgins

Originally posted by Jlude

And where did you answer the question smart guy?
    Originally posted by Spoons
    I can't even count the amount of times I took a pill with meth, heroine, speed, you name it laced with it. You gotta be careful.

My Ride

Originally posted by G-Suede

And where did you answer the question smart guy?
    I was too busy bustin' this guys balls

My Ride
    CRF 250L

spy city on 17th Ave.

They have hidden cameras like crazy.

Pin head, tiny little things, record to memory chips XD/SDMotion activated, sound activated, infrared w/e you want.
    TRUTH: it's the new hate speech.
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act. - Orwell