Quantcast
My Jetta dash looks like a Christmas Tree!!! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: My Jetta dash looks like a Christmas Tree!!!

Thumbs down My Jetta dash looks like a Christmas Tree!!!

Always soo many lights on the dash!!! Check engine/steering/exterior light etc etc..

Seriously I have never had a car with as many problems as this one...its a 2006 2.0T, bought it with 65k of the original owner who i knew...all maint. records etc included always looked after. All of a sudden after 70k it's one damn thing after another...started with ignition coil, then CV, then exhaust, CV again, boost leak issue, steering clunk, rest of the ignition coils...now engine light is on again!!

I love to drive the car, and when its running perfect it is one of my favorite cars, but those times are becoming few and far between....unfortunately at this time another car is not in the cards at least for another year.

Any other MKV owners have any similar issues....Sorry to rant but this is getting ridiculous

My Ride
    Blue boy

Welcome to the VW ownership club

My Ride
    2016 Focus RS - Stealth Grey

Word

Just take the bulbs out and live in denial like the rest of us
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Originally posted by inline6turbo
    Word

I like that idea!!

Say what you will about vw's but I have yet to see a more robust check engine light in a car.
    Last edited by Klobi-1-Kinobi; 08-06-2010 at 06:28 PM.

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Originally posted by G-ZUS
    Welcome to the VW ownership club
    Word, get used to it. VW's are shit, seriously

Every one my family & friends have owned has been the exact same way; just one thing after the next.

For this reason VW is one of the brands I'll never ever touch, no matter how good of a deal it may be. The guys at the end of my block are working on theirs incessantly, its crazy...

Im amazed people buy them. I've only had one friend that bought a brand new GTI that hasn't had any problems with it. One out of 8-10
    Last edited by Graham_A_M; 08-06-2010 at 09:41 PM.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

for this reson i sold my jetta

Sorry to hear man. When I was car shopping I drove a GTI and it absolutely blew me away but I couldn't bring myself to buy a VW because of all the stories like this that I've heard.

My Ride
    Accord 6-6, Tacoma

I've always loved how many vw's looked drove and handled, but also know about all the little things...these would drive me crazy, and that is why i have never bought one in the past 20 years.
    Honda/Acura guy

My Ride
    SR20 240sx / 2002 Jeep

Originally posted by inline6turbo
    Word

My Ride
    oooo

Uh..... just get your car scanned with vagcom so you know what's wrong.

A lot of people are very ignorant with VW / Audi vehicles. Almost everything on these cars has a sensor (ie if your speaker blows it throws a fault)

A lot of the stuff may be nothing you care about, but a lot of times it is something simple to fix.

Just get it scaned and take it from there. Not necessarily a big deal.
    2017 VW Jetta 1.4T (winter car)
    2010 F-350 Nortruck Tool Shed
    2007 BMW 5 (Wifey's)
    2004 Audi A4 1.8T 6spd Stage III w/ Meth
    1985 F-250 6.9L IDI w/ATS turbo

My Ride
    '04 Solara, and planks of hardrock maple.

After many years of experience in the automotive industry, I would never even consider buying a VW - fucking junk.

My Ride
    Accord 6-6, Tacoma

Originally posted by sillysod

A lot of people are very ignorant with VW / Audi vehicles. Almost everything on these cars has a sensor (ie if your speaker blows it throws a fault)
    Ignorant...? So you are saying people should give up reliable cars that i can buy, use for 6-8 years with no issues, no lights and go buy a vw or audi so i can constant dumby lights go off on the dash all the time....makes no sense

I've also been in the auto industry for a number of years and can't believe how bad the electronics are in those cars overall
    Honda/Acura guy

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Wow.. If this is happening all the way from old generation VWs to new gen, wonder why they don't just fix the issues instead of making damn sensors for everything..

What happened to "German Engineering"?

luxor Guest

Originally posted by Klobi-1-Kinobi
    Say what you will about vw's but I have yet to see a more robust check engine light in a car.
    That right there is the root of the problem. It's good to have your car auto-check itself every time you start it, but it also totally annoys the hell out of the user if the car uses unreliable parts that trips the light all the time. With that being said, I owned an Audi A4 once and that was the last time i would ever consider VW or Audi again. If it wasn't a check engine light, it was some other light, or the turbo would be blown, then low oil would flash occasionally, if it none of that then it would just crank and not start at all. Buy a VW or Audi if you don't mind your car sitting at the shop more than its on the road.

My Ride
    oooo

Most German cars give you a warning that things are starting to fail. So for example if your sunroof hasn't been lubricated in the last 2 years it will start pulling more current on the motor and throw a code.

I have had German cars for the last 10 years and most of them have made it well over 300,000kms with no problems. If you maintain them they last forever.

My neighbour has a 91 cavilier that is running on 3 cylinders and no lights. Does that mean it's awesome?

German cars are drivers cars generally you drive a German car, you ride in an american or japanese car.
    2007 BMW 5 (Wifey's)

My Ride
    Accord 6-6, Tacoma

^^ you watch too many tv commercials

I have many awesome cars that i've buzzed 300k on them, you make it sound like only a couple brands can do it
    Honda/Acura guy

My Ride
    oooo

Commercials?

If you are semi-car savy and are capable of basic maintenance (ie oil changes and the scheduled maintenance) then German cars are fantastic.

If you just drive your car until something breaks then I strongly encourage a Japaneese car.

There is a reason why you see more Japaneese cars running around town blowing blue smoke than any other car. A honda will run no problem burning oil and coolant for km after km. Those cars are designed for people that use their cars up. A German car will throw a code and tell you to fix your car.

Not trying to get into a pissing match, but so many people buy these cars and then when they have problems wonder why? If you abuse and damage a German car it will tell you. If you do the same to a Japaneese car it will just burn oil.
    2007 BMW 5 (Wifey's)

My Ride
    2016 Focus RS - Stealth Grey

Well I'd rather have to top of the oil in my civic every week then replace faulty wiring, o2 sensors, cv axles, turbos and wheel speed sensors. Which, none by the way could have been prevented by "regular maintenance".

Just going by my personal experiences with my two GTIs.

Oh and i've owned a grand total of 35 cars and can say my vws have been the only ones to have consistent issues OTHER then my SL500 Mercedes which racked up more mileage on a flat deck then under it's own power. Funny, it's German too!
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    the boys crazy

Any experience ive had with a VW has NOT been good whatsoever... i've come across blown turbos, wrecked sensors or dash lights that wont come off even after the problem is fixed and its been reset.

Id rather own a DSM... and I promised myself I'd never own a DSM again.

Dallas O.
    "Little bitch"
    2002 IS300
    ORIDO//VERTEX//WORK//HSD//FIGS

Delayed shipping on my wheel order so I could be hard.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast