Quantcast
T.O toddler dies in hot SUV - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: T.O toddler dies in hot SUV

My Ride
    17 Civic HB Sport

Default T.O toddler dies in hot SUV

Poor little guy, he must have suffered terribly in that heat

A 2-year-old Toronto boy died in Texas Thursday after being left in a hot SUV for two hours.

After returning from a family grocery shopping trip, Khoa Nguyen’s 7-year-old brother had a seizure said Harris Country Chief Deputy Jim Sumner. The parents took the older boy into the house and unloaded the groceries. It wasn’t until two hours later that the father realized Khoa was still in the car.

The family called 911 and when responders arrived at 2:20 p.m., Khoa was not breathing. He was taken to Houston North West Medical Centre and pronounced dead at around 3:30 p.m.

Chief Deputy Sumner said officials were fairly certain Khoa died from the heat because he had a body core temperature of approximately 40 degrees even an hour and a half after his death.

The Houston Chronicle reported that the temperature in the area was approximately 37 degrees. The vehicle’s surface temperature was 43 degrees, while inside it was 50 degrees.

The cause of death has not been officially confirmed.
    SOURCE
    What kind of birdhouse can you build with popsicles, roofies, and a rubber mallet?
    "It's for a rare African bird called "none your business."
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    If you were straight I'd eat you like a BLT sandwich with extra Bacon. And I fucking LOVE bacon.

My Ride
    www.jordanlotoski.com

As a parent i cannot imagine what the parents are going through right now, it was a careless accident that should never have happened.

RIP to that poor 2 year old

"BEYONDS OFFICIAL REALTOR"
    Instagram @jordan_empirewest
    Ranked #1 RE/MAX Professionals (2013-2022)
    Ranked #2 RE/MAX Agent Calgary (2017-2020)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max agent Western Canada (2013-2021)
    Ranked #56 RE/MAX Agent Worldwide (2014)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max Agent Canada (2013-2020)

Check out my mobile app
    goagent.ca/98F1B2F9

My Ride
    POS

Wow, careless or not this is brutal. They run into the house to save one child, then the other one dies as a consequence.

R.I.P.

My Ride
    Highlander

Wow, a thoughtless mistake due to reaction from another emergency...I can't imagine what they're going through. RIP little guy...

Wow for once I feel sympathy for the family. So easy to get confused in that situation.

Poor people
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

Yeah, that is pretty harsh. Poor little fella...

Originally posted by JordanLotoski
    As a parent i cannot imagine what the parents are going through right now, it was a careless accident that should never have happened.

RIP to that poor 2 year old

Originally posted by topmade
    Wow, careless or not this is brutal. They run into the house to save one child, then the other one dies as a consequence.

R.I.P.

Originally posted by Melinda
    Wow, a thoughtless mistake due to reaction from another emergency...I can't imagine what they're going through. RIP little guy...

HUH?

Emergancy? Save a child? wut?

The article says nothing of the sort. For all you know the older child was prone to seizures and it was a common occurance. Notice how they said in the article "The parents took the older boy into the house and unloaded the groceries."

These neglectful peices of shit should be in jail. Its not hard to realize that your missing a kid. Did it take both parents to bring in the 7 year old? Or was one worrying about spoiling the milk.

"Honey ill take in little timmy inside, drop the groceries and grab Khoa"

My Ride
    Hatred

So brutal. R.I.P.
    -U

My Ride
    Highlander

Originally posted by spike98

HUH?

The article says nothing of the sort. For all you know the older child was prone to seizures and it was a common occurance. Notice how they said in the article "The parents took the older boy into the house and unloaded the groceries."

These neglectful peices of shit should be in jail. Its not hard to realize that your missing a kid. Did it take both parents to bring in the 7 year old? Or was one worrying about spoiling the milk.

Jesus Christ, have you ever seen a kid have a seizure? Even if it happens every damn day it's still the scarriest thing ever for a parent to see.

I mean hell, my little guy passed out once, for less than 2 seconds, came to and was totally fine (although shaken up) and I was unglued for several hours afterwards, I even forgot to pick my husband up from work. I've seen a kid have a seizure before and it wasn't even mine. It was brutal. If that was my kid, there is no amount of times that could happen for me to get used to it, even if he didnt need to be rushed off to the hospital.

I'm not saying what they did was right or should be excused, but it certainly doesn't seem like a case of "let's be lazy and let him roast in the car, I'll go get him after this TV show is over..." or more commonly "I'm going into the bar for a bit, have fun little Timmy".

Now where was that thread where everyone was talking about how it's perfectly safe to leave their dogs in the car....

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

Cannot even imagine what those parents must be going through...or even the other child...
    ...@therealarifjina...

Very brutal story, RIP.

My Ride
    2011 Mustang GT

Oh man. That is intense.

RIP little guy.
    Beyond's Most Wanted

My Ride
    Vettel's #1

HUH?

Wow, you're an idiot. Shouldn't you go back to trolling the terminally ill cancer forums or something.

RIP
    Hope the family gets through it.

Originally posted by Melinda

Jesus Christ, have you ever seen a kid have a seizure? Even if it happens every damn day it's still the scarriest thing ever for a parent to see.

I mean hell, my little guy passed out once, for less than 2 seconds, came to and was totally fine (although shaken up) and I was unglued for several hours afterwards, I even forgot to pick my husband up from work. I've seen a kid have a seizure before and it wasn't even mine. It was brutal. If that was my kid, there is no amount of times that could happen for me to get used to it, even if he didnt need to be rushed off to the hospital.

I'm not saying what they did was right or should be excused, but it certainly doesn't seem like a case of "let's be lazy and let him roast in the car, I'll go get him after this TV show is over..." or more commonly "I'm going into the bar for a bit, have fun little Timmy".
    Yes, as a matter of fact i have seen a person have a seizure before. My cousin is epileptic (sp??). To me, it seemed like it was one of the very cases you describe. They unloaded the groceries. TV show/groceries....same thing.

The point i am trying to make here is the parents are clearly inept at taking care of a human life. It shouldn't be that easy to forget a child for several hours...." in ANY situation.

Originally posted by BrknFngrs
    Now where was that thread where everyone was talking about how it's perfectly safe to leave their dogs in the car....
    I still leave my dog in my car haha.

Originally posted by CapnCrunch

Wow, you're an idiot. Shouldn't you go back to trolling the terminally ill cancer forums or something.

RIP
    Hope the family gets through it.
    How so? I cannot seem to decern an argument in your comment.

Fuck those neglectful Parents, I don't give a fuck what they're going though, you reap with you sow, this is entirely their own fault, and they should be charged with negligence leading to death if theres such a thing

I feel for the parents. This will haunt them forever.

Thing is 2 hours seems quite a long time for them not to notice he was gone.

RIP Little Guy
    Originally posted by R!zz0
    Did Calgary have a riot in 2004?
    Originally posted by rage2
    Just boobs. That's how we party.

My Ride
    09 Lancer Ralliart

Yes, as a matter of fact i have seen a person have a seizure before. My cousin is epileptic (sp??). To me, it seemed like it was one of the very cases you describe. They unloaded the groceries. TV show/groceries....same thing.

The point i am trying to make here is the parents are clearly inept at taking care of a human life. It shouldn't be that easy to forget a child for several hours...." in ANY situation.
    I'm going to devil's advocate this and state that while I have seen both children and adults have a seizure and and while it is freaky as all shit, how could one forget about the other child, their (newer model) baby for TWO HOURS.

If it was like 20 minutes, you know what, understandable, you're wrangling a spastic child and the ice cream sandwiches are melting and you're trying to rush them into the deep freeze. But the other 100 minutes that they didn't even think of their little child....that's just negligence. Unintentional, obviously, but still negligent.

I won't even touch that whole leaving dogs in a car in the heat topic, as that's just intentional baiting....
    Last edited by 1barA4; 08-20-2010 at 03:53 PM.
    Originally posted by hurrdurr
    I wouldn't gamble with a DP on one of these.

Originally posted by 1barA4

I'm going to devil's advocate this and state that while I have seen both children and adults have a seizure and and while it is freaky as all shit, how could one forget about the other child, their (newer model) baby for TWO HOURS.

If it was like 20 minutes, you know what, understandable, you're wrangling a spastic child and the ice cream sandwiches are melting and you're trying to rush them into the deep freeze. But the other 100 minutes that they didn't even think of their little child....that's just negligence. Unintentional, obviously, but still negligent.

I won't even touch that whole leaving dogs in a car in the heat topic, as that's just intentional baiting....
    Well said

At least this happened in Texas, and punishments should be proper. In Canada they would get a slap on the wrist.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast