Quantcast
speedtech closing? - Page 7 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: speedtech closing?

My Ride
    Lease

Originally posted by XylathaneGTR

If they want to up and leave without saying anything, that's fine. Let people talk if they want to, what else are they supposed to do with no explanation?
    Yea, however, nobody's posted experience where they just up-ed and left with people's monies... Redlyne made in an earlier post saying deposits were refunded, in the case of the OP, STRD called 3 times making an attempt to get in touch with customers actually involved in transcations with them... And business wise, maybe they don't need to do a "business closing sale", what's that gonna do, Beyond group meet buying air fresheners, shoulder pads and fiberglass bumpers for future project cars in hopes it'll revive the business?

For you all know, they could be just moving to a different location and don't want to cause a confusion to customers until the move if finalized. Or they could be working on something bigger and better.

Haven't read anything they owe customers money, and it seems like they're making attempts for customers to pick up their parts... so don't see the need for them to "explain"... for whatever reasons, could be personal, could be business (i.e. someone mentioned not a viable business in today's market).

But best of luck to the guys who ran it... A lot of people forgot about Nick... and yes Will always answered my questions for pricing and made sure my referrals were always looked after.

Originally posted by TomcoPDR

But best of luck to the guys who ran it... A lot of people forgot about Nick... and yes Will always answered my questions for pricing and made sure my referrals were always looked after.
    I always got good deals from Nick (shadowz) when he worked for STRD. Stopped going there shortly after Nick left.

Can't comment much on the business. Didn't even know they went under. lol.

My Ride
    MB C63

Originally posted by 2000impreza

I always got good deals from Nick (shadowz) when he worked for STRD. Stopped going there shortly after Nick left.

Can't comment much on the business. Didn't even know they went under. lol.
    They did not go under, just closed for business.

Also for all those people who had on-going transactions check your messages and voicemails. I'm sure theres messages stating that your parts are available for pick-up or your money has been refunded. I was there on the last day and there were a few parts that needed to be pick-uped.

This is very sad news to me and like most of you, such an abrupt closing came as a shock to me. Thanks for all the support STRD, and for the awesome swap. Best of luck to all of you.

Also, shout out to Mike, haven't seen his name come up in the thread yet. Mike is the man!

- Jeff

My Ride
    /85' Corolla GTS AE86 - 20V /06' X-Runner

A great shop, a cool place to hang out with awesome staff. I'll miss it. I recently started to spend more money on my car, and I only went to STRD because of Will, Micheal and Paul. I'll never peel my decal off my car, always going to represent STRD because I was treated with respect and got well taken care of when there. Wish you all the best STRD crew.

Ray

My Ride
    95 eg coupe

Originally posted by Civicnati0n

I was just kidding about the white part lol

oh ok haha

My Ride
    6.2L V8

Originally posted by TomcoPDR

Yea, however, nobody's posted experience where they just up-ed and left with people's monies... Redlyne made in an earlier post saying deposits were refunded, in the case of the OP, STRD called 3 times making an attempt to get in touch with customers actually involved in transcations with them... And business wise, maybe they don't need to do a "business closing sale", what's that gonna do, Beyond group meet buying air fresheners, shoulder pads and fiberglass bumpers for future project cars in hopes it'll revive the business?

For you all know, they could be just moving to a different location and don't want to cause a confusion to customers until the move if finalized. Or they could be working on something bigger and better.

Haven't read anything they owe customers money, and it seems like they're making attempts for customers to pick up their parts... so don't see the need for them to "explain"... for whatever reasons, could be personal, could be business (i.e. someone mentioned not a viable business in today's market).

Jackie contacted me, and i will be receiving my CF trunk lid.

I was never trying to give STRD a bad name by making this thread, i was simply asking advice on where to start/ who to talk to in order to get my deposit refunded or my item.

My Ride
    2000 DC4

wow, this is a shocker, STRD has always been good to me, Sorry to see them go.
    JDM goodness + boost = 1 phat integra

www.abtegs.net

My Ride
    C63 AMG, 65 Impala

Yes, totally forgot to mention Nick even though he moved on awhile ago, but I dealt with since the Auto Zeal days, also Rocky was a great guy to deal with also!
    W204 Mercedes C63 AMG P31
    65 Impala on 22" Forged Lexani's

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

^

Kurt?
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    C63 AMG, 65 Impala

Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    ^

Kurt?
    Yup thats me, who is this?
    W204 Mercedes C63 AMG P31
    65 Impala on 22" Forged Lexani's

My Ride
    infiniti

Default caution

Same thing happend with autozeal a few years ago. They shut down in the middle of the night. They screwed me out of $800 in parts. I found out about a year later that the sales person from autozeal (his user name on here was spoon[something])and a couple othere guys from autozeal were working at Autodream. Autodream also took over Autozeals number. Autodream took over autozeals inventory but gave a shit when I asked about my purchase(which I had proof of).
    I have since bought a few things from speed tech, they have reliable. however I caution anyone who pays up front in one of these stores. Autozeal had been oper for 5+ years on 16th ave.PS the name Nguyen came up at all three stores.

My Ride
    infiniti

I was just reading through the last couple replys that I hadnt read. Nick (C) i wont post his last name also worked at Autozeal as well as speed tech. I was in high school at the time where I got screwed out of my $800. His cousin was in one of my classes,(ryan). I new him fairly well, I asked him to ask his cousin what happened to autozeal and my $ but his nick wouldn't tell him. Now $800 doesnt seem like much, but at the time it was a lot of $. I would not call these people stand up people, maybe some, but definatly not all.

Originally posted by caldav107
    I was just reading through the last couple replys that I hadnt read. Nick (C) i wont post his last name also worked at Autozeal as well as speed tech. I was in high school at the time where I got screwed out of my $800. His cousin was in one of my classes,(ryan). I new him fairly well, I asked him to ask his cousin what happened to autozeal and my $ but his nick wouldn't tell him. Now $800 doesnt seem like much, but at the time it was a lot of $. I would not call these people stand up people, maybe some, but definatly not all.
    Judging by your grammar you never completed highschool did you? Your post's from what I can tell are saying that Speedtech Autodream and "AutoZeal" are all connected because the last name "Nguyen" comes up at all three. Did you know that is probably one of the most, if not the most common vietnamese last name?

Did you ever think about going to the police about your stolen money?

My Ride
    LS460L

Hey did you guys know autozeal was use to call be called autozone? Guess they were being sued so they change there name.. jusy fyi lol

My Ride
    infiniti

Yes I did finish high school and college I also have a good job, thanks for asking. Unfortunately I am not an English major but what can I say. I posted a lengthy post on beyond about my experience years back and got lots of response. I contacted the BBB and the police investigation unit (who were not much help). I was directed by the person who "sold" me the merchandise and another former employee of AutoZeal who was currently working on the AutoDream website, that I should talk to AutoDream(a year later when I found them on beyond.ca). I went into AutoDream and was told by two of the employees that they had taken over AutoZeals inventory and that I should come back and talk to the owner. The owner was a complete dick. I am positive that AutoDream and AutoZeal are connected as far as employees go, that gives me the right to comment. As far as the name Nguyen goes I don't know all that many Vietnamese people so when it came up at all three stores(AutoZeal,AutoDream and speed tech) I figured I would comment. I am not trying to start an argument but people should know not to pay up front for items, when theses stores shut down without letting customers know.
    Spell check
    P.S. I think you meant Vietnamese not vietnamese learn English buddy hahaha, I didnt think you would be that hard on me.

My Ride
    infiniti

When I was look it up in the BBB i kept seeing autozone, now I know.

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

Default Re: caution

Originally posted by caldav107
    werd, nick stole my candy from my desk when i went to take a piss in grade one, wahhhhhhh

My Ride
    infiniti

I just came across this post randomly, figured I would put my 2cents in. I guess its not welcome, hope everyone gets everything that they had on order from speed tech. What else can I say.

Originally posted by MaxxLee
    Hey did you guys know autozeal was use to call be called autozone? Guess they were being sued so they change there name.. jusy fyi lol

This I knew hahhaha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Arash reminds me of Mar but I can't tell which one is more stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah well I wonder how they get the soft flowing caramel inside the Caramilk bar but you don't see me making a god damn thread about it. Slap your wife Baygirl, straighten him out.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 ... LastLast