Quantcast
8-15 chinese tourists killed in Manila...embarrassing special forces team - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 8-15 chinese tourists killed in Manila...embarrassing special forces team

My Ride
    Subaru Impreza 2.5RS

Whos idea was it to axe open the windshield hahahahah.

Its interesting how all you guys are laughing at this incident which is clearly something everyone in hk is devastated about. Fuck guys... -__-

My Ride
    Hatred

Originally posted by l/l/rX

im confuzzled...wth happened 13 seconds into the video? It looked like that guy blew himself up?!
    What's insane about that guy with the C4 on the stick is when you see him come out of the smoke he already has his gun out and is walking backwards from the bus. Thats mad skills.

rgr is click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version
    -U

Originally posted by rgr
    Its interesting how all you guys are laughing at this incident which is clearly something everyone in hk is devastated about. Fuck guys... -__-
    I watched it live since I live in HK now and it was quite shocking the incompetence of their SWAT team. One of the survivor studies in Canada, his two sisters and his dad died. His mom got our fine but he's in bad shape. Just a very sad situation overall, who goes on a vacation thinking they would end up like this...

Oh, I live in hk now too. Its pretty big here.. And we apparently know one of the families on the bus. I think its the same family you're talking about. Very sad..

I heard on the news this AM that there were Canadians on the bus???
    Originally posted by rage2
    #1: don't ever question me.

W.t.f.

RIP.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by arian_ma
    6 of 8 dead were carrying Canadian passports.

My Ride
    Exploded.

As a Filipino, I am embarassed by the SWAT team's performance and the outcome.

Since it was a tourist bus, the assailant was able to watch LIVE coverage of everything and saw that the police held his brother and other family members in custody, which probably pissed him off even more.

The negotiator should be ashamed. RIP to all who perished.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Not so funny now, is it?

i dont know why but this made it sting alot more
    Originally posted by theken
    Off duty cop means not a cop. At that time he is a normal person.

Originally posted by ZorroAMG

Yes. Just like a ninja in street clothes isn't a ninja.

My Ride
    Exploded.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by flipstah
    As a Filipino, I am embarassed by the SWAT team's performance and the outcome.

Since it was a tourist bus, the assailant was able to watch LIVE coverage of everything and saw that the police held his brother and other family members in custody, which probably pissed him off even more.

The negotiator should be ashamed. RIP to all who perished.
    This happens to all poor countries (heck even in Western countries). The best and brightest will work in private sector instead of government for more $. That's the case for security forces as well.

I swear anyone played any FPS would be trained a lot better than those idiots. The time the hammer goes into the window til the gunman is dead is like 1/2 an hour. I'm surprised there are actually survivors. Which I and everyone got to question, how many were actually killed by the police. If the gunman really want to take it out the passengers, nobody should escape this.

I never think Philippines is a vacation destination. Many years back my cousin said cops always coming up to tourist trying to sell/loan their guns for $300.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 08-24-2010 at 09:34 AM.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by Xtrema

This happens to all poor countries (heck even in Western countries). The best and brightest will work in private sector instead of government for more $. That's the case for security forces as well.

I swear anyone played any FPS would be trained a lot better than those idiots. The time the hammer goes into the window til the gunman is dead is like 1/2 an hour. I'm surprised there are actually survivors. Which I and everyone got to question, how many were actually killed by the police. If the gunman really want to take it out the passengers, nobody should escape this.

I never think Philippines is a vacation destination. Many years back my cousin said cops always coming up to tourist trying to sell/loan their guns for $300.
    I'm going to wait for the results of the investigation by the Chinese and the Filipinos.

It's not going to be pretty.

My Ride
    09 Lancer Ralliart

Originally posted by Xtrema

Which I and everyone got to question, how many were actually killed by the police
    The unsubstantiated comments on that video say as many as 3 were killed by police...but I'd wait for a source on that first.

Given the level of hilarious incompetence demonstrated in the video, I wouldn't doubt it.

EDIT - did anyone read this from the first ABC article????

In his account, the 38-year-old bus driver said he was picking up his 24 passengers, mostly tourists from Hong Kong, at the Fort Santiago in Intramuros, Manila when Mendoza, clad in bullcap, camouflage pants and carrying several firearms, approached his vehicle and asked where they were headed.

"Hey guys, don't mind the m16, mind if I hitch a ride?"
    Originally posted by hurrdurr
    I wouldn't gamble with a DP on one of these.

Some more details I just heard: People were saying that it is mostly the reporters' fault that this got so out of hand. The gunman was listening to the radio and had step by step accounts of what the SWAT team was doing through the reporters. In this way he could anticipate most of their moves and was not surprised by anything.

Also, as the bus driver escaped, he gave false information to the team that everyone on the bus had been shot, but when the sweat team moved in they saw a bus load of people and didn't know what to do.
    Originally posted by rage2
    #1: don't ever question me.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Some more details I just heard: People were saying that it is mostly the reporters' fault that this got so out of hand. The gunman was listening to the radio and had step by step accounts of what the SWAT team was doing through the reporters. In this way he could anticipate most of their moves and was not surprised by anything.

Also, as the bus driver escaped, he gave false information to the team that everyone on the bus had been shot, but when the sweat team moved in they saw a bus load of people and didn't know what to do.
    The media had total coverage so whatever we (my family and other people who had The Filipino Channel) saw on Philippine TV, he saw on the bus through a TV. Should've had a blackout.

And if you're a trained officer, it's not really good to take word of a frantic hostage; should've calmed him down before took action.

Many things could've been done but alas, this was the outcome.

My Ride
    FIAT SPORT

As a flip I am deeply saddened about this and praying for those who passed away from the incident.

The Police and Media did fuck this up big time. I feel sorry as well for the new president who just got seated on June 30.
    Just almost two months as a president already faced with horific international tragedy. It will be a test for him on how he will handle this and gain back the good relationship between countries.

I just hope that the Flips in HK and China don't get treated differrently as a result of someone else's fault.

My Ride
    //M

absolutely pathetic. Ghost Recon gameplayers > this mess
    Destroying anti-US trolls and idiots like broken_legs since 2009.
    Dallas, Texas

My Ride
    09 Lancer Ralliart

Originally posted by DENZILDON

I just hope that the Flips in HK and China don't get treated differrently as a result of someone else's fault.
    I don't know how they normally treat migrant workers, residents, etc. in HK and China, but in Singapore, they outright beat and pour boiling water on their gardeners, cooks, nannies & housekeepers from the Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia, etc.

You'd think it couldn't get much worse but my friend was told by his aunt when he was visiting "....you think this is bad?! I really toned it down because you were visiting, lah. If I don't do it at all, they just get lazy!"
    Originally posted by hurrdurr
    I wouldn't gamble with a DP on one of these.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast