Quantcast
BSOD, can't start up Normally, can't start up in Safe Mode, "Inadequate Disk Space" - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: BSOD, can't start up Normally, can't start up in Safe Mode, "Inadequate Disk Space"

Default BSOD, can't start up Normally, can't start up in Safe Mode, "Inadequate Disk Space"

Hey Beyond, here is my serious problem... hope you can help!

I run Windows 7. Unfortunately, I was stupid enough to let my "Free Space" on my entire computer get to less than 5 GB left. It may possibly have been at 4 or 3 GB, actually.

My computer then froze, and I went to restart it. However, it would just take me to the blue screen of death. I've tried booting it up in every way I could think of, in normal mode, in Safe Mode, with the "Repair Windows" option, and everything else. My computer will simply not get past the "Loading" screen.

On the blue screen of death, it does say "Check to see if you have adequate disk space", so I am guessing that is a big part of the problem.

But here's my question. How do I free up disk space when my computer cannot even run?

*Note: I've tried going on the BIOS and Advanced Start Up, but I can't seem to find any options that would help with my situation..*
    http://www.youtube.com/jjianc/

My Ride
    AE92GZE, Legacy BL, Yaris

Go to the ubuntu website on another computer and burn to cd a copy of the install program. Or - if your computer can boot from a usb stick you can also copy to a usb stick following the instructions on the download page

www.ubuntu.com

http://www.ubuntu.com/desktop/get-ubuntu/download

You can run ubuntu off the CD (or usb stick) using the 'try ubuntu' option and then clear some of your temp files by mounting the hard disk.

My Ride
    ST205

If its a desktop you can remove the hard drive and slave it to another PC to swap some files over.

If its a laptop then try alloroc's suggestion.