Quantcast
2010 F150 or 2011 F150 - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2010 F150 or 2011 F150

My Ride

Originally posted by benyl

There is a huge difference between the resale of an F150 with the 2v 4.6L V8 and the 3v 4.6L V8.

The 3v 4.6L V8 sells for a few hundred less than the 5.4L V8.
    The 2v 4.6L V8 sells for a few thousand less than the 5.4L V8.
    Correct me if i'm wrong, but for a brand new F150 the 2v engine is only availble in the most basic models that they make. I don't even think that engine is an option if you get a 4x4.. it's only an option if you get a RWD F150 which comes with the old school shifter on the steering wheel.

If you are looking at anything 4x4 your options will be 4.6 3v or for $650 (if I remember correctly) you can upgrade to the 5.4L. Both of those come with a six speed automatic... I guess all I'm saying is that the engine is not the main/only reason the 4.6L 2v's costs thousands less than the 4.6L 3v.

I was only looking at a fully loaded FX4 or Lariat so engines werent really an option for me...

I still believe if you look on Kijiji or Canada Trader in 5-7 years the price difference between an equally equipped 2010 vs 2011 F150 will be less than the extra amount you will pay today to buy the 2011 over the 2010. It will most likely cost at least 3-5 thousand more to get into a 2011 vs a 2010, it will not be worth 3-5 thousand more in 5-7 years as a used vehicle.

Are you considering a RWD F150?

and if you're not dealing with anyone yet I can refer you to the guy that helped me out with my truck. I went to almost every dealer in the city before finding someone that was easy to deal with and seemed honest and sincere which is apparantly very hard to find in the auto industry.
    Click here to check out my racing sim...

Originally posted by GQBalla
    tictactoe2004 you are scary

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

The 2v was in the 05-08 trucks. The 3v is in the 09+ trucks.

My Ride

The 2v was in the 05-08 trucks. The 3v is in the 09+ trucks.
    The 2v is still availble on the 09 and 10's.

Even if I look at a used 07 for example, on canadatrader the 2007 F150's with the 2v 4.6 and 4x4 start at 12,500.. the same truck with the 5.4 starts at $12,900 and that's even at the same dealer. Same thing with the 05's or 06's... it's only a small price difference. The only ones that are considerably cheaper are the RWD F150s..

I'm not trying to argue, i'm just trying to understand where this "if it has the 2v 4.6 it's worth thousands less than the 5.4", I just don't see that in the prices online.

BTW is your name Jeff?
    Click here to check out my racing sim...

Originally posted by GQBalla
    tictactoe2004 you are scary

$16000 in discounts?

CRAZY... what would you be paying if you went for the 2010 4x4 supercab?

My Ride
    Vettel's #1

So a 2010 is 15,000 cheaper than a 2011?

I bet 90% of the kids on here don't have cars worth that much. I'd personally save the money. There's always going to be something newer and better coming out.
    Vettel's #1

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Originally posted by CapnCrunch
    So a 2010 is 15,000 cheaper than a 2011?

I bet 90% of the kids on here don't have cars worth that much. I'd personally save the money. There's always going to be something newer and better coming out.
    Acutally, it is more than that.

It is $16644 on an FX4 Crew with the luxury package. I am tempted to get a Platinum, but I like the electronic locking rear diff.

I also just found out that there is a a 6% commission kick back from Ford to the dealer for every 2010 sold. If I split that 6% commission, I can get another $1500 out of the dealer for a total discount of $18,000.

The 2010 is looking more and MORE appealing. haha

My Ride
    NC1

Wow if saving $17k doesn't do it for you, you aren't Asian man lol but I put you in the rage2 category so Fuck saving money, go for 2011 hahaha
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Originally posted by max_boost
    Wow if saving $17k doesn't do it for you, you aren't Asian man lol but I put you in the rage2 category so Fuck saving money, go for 2011 hahaha
    The dilemma is 310hp vs 400+hp

It is $16644 on an FX4 Crew with the luxury package. I am tempted to get a Platinum, but I like the electronic locking rear diff.

I also just found out that there is a a 6% commission kick back from Ford to the dealer for every 2010 sold. If I split that 6% commission, I can get another $1500 out of the dealer for a total discount of $18,000.

I change my vote, do a 2010
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

I bought the same truck back in June and received a $16k discount at the time as well. I wasn't even considering Ford at the time but have no regrets at all. I say go with the FX4. Not only does it have the locking diff but the interior looks better (not a fan of the woodgrain trim) and it doesn't have the chrome across the tailgate.

The platinum does have the power boards which would be nice because the stock ones on the FX4 (and all other models) are too close to the truck body IMO.

My Ride
    oooo

Its not like the resale value will ever = the 18,000 difference you are talking in initial purchase price.

The 11's might for for a few grand more then the 10's in a few years, but that about it, don't expect like a $8,000.00 difference.

Its a truck... I have a 06 F150 FX4 level II with all the bells and whistles, it's ok, but its a truck. Its for work, not for driving enjoyability. It's heavy, handles like a pig and slow as shit, but it is super handy and perfect in town.

Anybody spending a pile of $$$ on a performance truck IMO is just crazy. Especially considering a 1/2 ton isn't really much of a truck anyways (most even come with passenger car tires). I can't put much in the box with out needing airbags etc. If you really need a truck for truck work then get a diesel 3/4 ton minimum. If you need something for taking your lawnmower in for service and picking up ornamental shrubs then probably you would be better off putting the $18,000 you save into your car.
    2017 VW Jetta 1.4T (winter car)
    2010 F-350 Nortruck Tool Shed
    2007 BMW 5 (Wifey's)
    2004 Audi A4 1.8T 6spd Stage III w/ Meth
    1985 F-250 6.9L IDI w/ATS turbo

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

How long do you plan on keeping the truck for? I sort of compare this to the 2010 x5 with the NA engine vs the 2011 with the turbo engine. The turbo version is just so much better and worth the money especially if your wife is driving it since I know she likes power lol. Both trucks are going to depreciate to levels that you'll never be able to imagine but that's irrelevant if youre leasing.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Would you buy a brand new truck with hail damage?

pics say it all

An extra $2400 off the sticker for a total of $19K off sticker.

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version
    click for larger version
    click for larger version
    click for larger version
    click for larger version
    click for larger version

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

That's funny, I was telling kenny today how I've noticed that there's a new breed of douchebags in town driving Ford F150's. He then proceeded to point me to this thread.

Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

^^ haha

benyl: Personally the dents would drive me nuts. I would have to get them fixed. If you can fix it for cheaper than 2k then go nuts. I couldnt just leave it like that though.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

Originally posted by sillysod
    Its not like the resale value will ever = the 18,000 difference you are talking in initial purchase price.

The 11's might for for a few grand more then the 10's in a few years, but that about it, don't expect like a $8,000.00 difference.

Its a truck... I have a 06 F150 FX4 level II with all the bells and whistles, it's ok, but its a truck. Its for work, not for driving enjoyability. It's heavy, handles like a pig and slow as shit, but it is super handy and perfect in town.

Anybody spending a pile of $$$ on a performance truck IMO is just crazy. Especially considering a 1/2 ton isn't really much of a truck anyways (most even come with passenger car tires). I can't put much in the box with out needing airbags etc. If you really need a truck for truck work then get a diesel 3/4 ton minimum. If you need something for taking your lawnmower in for service and picking up ornamental shrubs then probably you would be better off putting the $18,000 you save into your car.

save the 18g

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Originally posted by rage2
    That's funny, I was telling kenny today how I've noticed that there's a new breed of douchebags in town driving Ford F150's. He then proceeded to point me to this thread.

I guess I can't help but jump on the douchebag wagon. haha

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Originally posted by Cos
    ^^ haha

benyl: Personally the dents would drive me nuts. I would have to get them fixed. If you can fix it for cheaper than 2k then go nuts. I couldnt just leave it like that though.
    Yeah, the sales guy figures $800 to fix it. Waiting for TomcoPDR to return my PM.

My Ride
    Vettel's #1

Jesus, that just makes you seem stupid for even considering it then. Lol @ beyond telling you to spend 18K on 90hp.

It's a slow truck you retards.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Originally posted by CapnCrunch

Jesus, that just makes you seem stupid for even considering it then. Lol @ beyond telling you to spend 18K on 90hp.

It's a slow truck you retards.
    It is less than that. The numbers were release last week. Only 40 hp, but about 100 lb/ft.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast