Quantcast
Guess who was staying in the Presidents suite at the Banff Springs over the weekend? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Guess who was staying in the Presidents suite at the Banff Springs over the weekend?

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Default Guess who was staying in the Presidents suite at the Banff Springs over the weekend?

So I spent the weekend at the BSH and some friends of mine who were getting married tried to book the Presidents suite (penthouse) at the hotel. Unfortunately it was occupied all weekend by none other than Mayor Bronconnier. I know what the Mayors salary is and it's not the type of salary that affords him $4000/night hotel rooms so what I'm wondering is who actually paid for his hotel? I know this Mayor has a history for wasting tax payers money and I'm just wondering if this was one last hoora before he leaves office.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

That guy is a self-serving dickmeat.

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

My Ride
    05 GDB V.8 / ZX10R / T1-7L

I wonder what a phone call to a major news agency would do in this situation...

My Ride
    2011 Mustang GT

Originally posted by RickDaTuner
    I wonder what a phone call to a major news agency would do in this situation...
    Imagine how much cooler the story would be if we found out who was in the room with him...
    Beyond's Most Wanted

It isn't all that hard to stay in the nicer suites at a Fairmont chain hotel. Just because it happens to be the PH suite doesn't mean he necessarily paid a pretty penny to be there. Being a Platinum member of the President's club can allow you to stack suite upgrade coupons (for free).

You can stay in any of the top tier rooms for free. Yes, for free. You can stack vouchers: 1 free night + suite upgrade + suite upgrade = hood rich.

My Ride

Originally posted by suen17
    It isn't all that hard to stay in the nicer suites at a Fairmont chain hotel. Just because it happens to be the PH suite doesn't mean he necessarily paid a pretty penny to be there. Being a Platinum member of the President's club can allow you to stack suite upgrade coupons (for free).

You can stay in any of the top tier rooms for free. Yes, for free. You can stack vouchers: 1 free night + suite upgrade + suite upgrade = hood rich.
    If I'm not mistaken it takes a huge amount of stays at Fairmont hotels before you qualify for 2-3 free nights in a $4000/night room. I ran into Dan Akroyd in the hotel and even he was only staying in a normal suite.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles

Red Deer, AB

I had the presidents suite at the BSH for my 13th birthday with a bunch of my friends. If you have connections you won't pay $4000 a night and I'm SURE BSH cut the rate huge for the mayor.

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

If I'm not mistaken it takes a huge amount of stays at Fairmont hotels before you qualify for 2-3 free nights in a $4000/night room. I ran into Dan Akroyd in the hotel and even he was only staying in a normal suite.
    It takes 10 individual stays, or 30 nights total to get 1 complimentary night and 2 suite upgrades. Not hard if you do a lot of traveling. Want to do it quicker? Check in and check out every day for a 10 day trip. Speaking from experience, of course.

My Ride

Originally posted by ZorroAMG
    I had the presidents suite at the BSH for my 13th birthday with a bunch of my friends. If you have connections you won't pay $4000 a night and I'm SURE BSH cut the rate huge for the mayor.
    Dude they bumped Dan Akroyd!!! One of the ghostbusters!!!!

thanks for the tips suen going to start collecting those President club points

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    Nissan 200SX

Interesting... the problem is, unless you somehow managed to get a front desk clerk to risk their job telling you how the room was paid for and what the price was, we'll never know.

Dude! U kidding me! You know most politicians are crooked right?

Even if he didn't get a hook up which he MOST likely did, he could afford the $4000 a night anytime he wants.. Not only does he have his salary but there are other perks in being a politician... Look @ the States, how are all of the Mayor's and Senator's rollin' in Mercedes, High Class medical health care regular citizens don't get, multiple million dollar residences, and lots of hidden funds you will never hear about.

I'm sure the Mayor has more bank than it appears and he as well as all other politicians want to keep it appearing that way...for their benefit. Politics is dirty.

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

In his defense, Bronco is a millionaire prior to being elected into office. He owns a lot of the property that benefits from the west LRT extension

I heard there's rooms at the banff springs that don't even have bathrooms. Yikes, wonder what that's like (,")

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

^^^ There you go, Millionaire b4 Politician... He's guaranteed a Multi-Millionaire already and we don't even know about his pensions, RRSP, Real Estate, Investments... I'm sure he can wine and dine his wife in Dubai, comfortably if he chooses to!

The Canadian Government treats their workers and politicians well. Financially. If I knew, I'd work for the city out of HS if I didn't do my degree... I know park and road workers avg $24-33 per hour, and they have no background or experience.

Don't see that in the US! or Anywhere in NA/SA.... Same job in the US would be $13-16 /hr

My Ride
    4g63 powered

4000 isn't that bad for a nice suite, as long as the room service is good.

Who's to say that Dan Akroyd didn't choose to stay in a normal suite?
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I've stayed at that suite several times, there's no way it's a $4000/night room, especially during the off season.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    2000 Toyota Celica GT

Default Re: Guess who was staying in the Presidents suite at the Banff Springs over the weekend?

So I spent the weekend at the BSH and some friends of mine who were getting married tried to book the Presidents suite (penthouse) at the hotel. Unfortunately it was occupied all weekend by none other than Mayor Bronconnier. I know what the Mayors salary is and it's not the type of salary that affords him $4000/night hotel rooms so what I'm wondering is who actually paid for his hotel? I know this Mayor has a history for wasting tax payers money and I'm just wondering if this was one last hoora before he leaves office.
    I was at the same wedding! What a fun night!

My Ride

Originally posted by rage2
    I've stayed at that suite several times, there's no way it's a $4000/night room, especially during the off season.
    It was $2500/night last year in the spring, they upped there price on that suite this year. I was talking to one of the staff and although it's offseason they have been booked solid all through September. The hotel was absolutely packed!

haha celica girl small world, did you see the pics on hoot booth?

Originally posted by speedog
    Who's to say that Dan Akroyd didn't choose to stay in a normal suite?
    He may have, I'm just poking fun at the idea that Dan Akroyd was there.

In all seriousness whether Bronconier can afford it or not it's a bad image for a politician to stay in such a lavish room even though I know it happens all the time in this world.
    Last edited by Redlyne_mr2; 09-22-2010 at 08:09 AM.

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    2000 Toyota Celica GT

The hotel was packed! We arrived just after 12 and couldn't get an early check in so we upgraded to the Gold floor and we were so glad we did. I would totally do it again at any Fairmont hotel.

The Hoot Booth was AWESOME!!! We had a great time doing that!
    Did you see the ones of the hotel staff? I thought it was funny that they snuck in there to take pictures!

My Ride

Originally posted by celica girl
    The hotel was packed! We arrived just after 12 and couldn't get an early check in so we upgraded to the Gold floor and we were so glad we did. I would totally do it again at any Fairmont hotel.

The Hoot Booth was AWESOME!!! We had a great time doing that!
    Did you see the ones of the hotel staff? I thought it was funny that they snuck in there to take pictures!
    Nice rooms on the gold floor, that's definitely where it's at. The multilevel suites on the 8th floor were just so weird. haha ya I was wondering who those people were in the slide show lol.

Red Deer, AB

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast