Quantcast
Fail to produce Insurance - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fail to produce Insurance

My Ride
    Pushbroom

Unhappy Fail to produce Insurance

Got a ticket last night cause my pink card was out of date by a few days. I have insurance, I just forgot to put my new pink card in the car.

If I produce proof within a certain time can I get the ticket thrown out? It happened this morning around 4:30am, so if time is of the essence let me know. Or is it a case of I failed to produce at that moment, so the ticket stands no matter what. I already got a new pink card in there.

Has anyone been in this situation before? Is it an equipment ticket or will it count for points?

Thanks.

My Ride
    the ladies crazy!

How much are those tickets anyway?
    Life is a Gamble.

I'm not sure but thanks for reminding me to take out my expired insurance card out of my car.

My Ride
    a really big tow vehicle

um....time is of the essence. get down to the cop shop and show them your card.

doesn't count for points.
    1999 NBS Silverado 4x4 awaiting an extensive build.
    6" BDS Lift is in. 37" mud grapplers. Built trans(by me) 4.10's, shaved ls6 heads, comp cam. More to come.

My Ride
    Pushbroom

I live across the street from a cop shop in Panorama, I might just duck in there. Ticket is for $172.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

time does not matter anymore. It used to 10 years ago, where if you got the ticket, it was for not having insurance, then you had 24 hours to produce proof of insurance in the form of a pink card or letter from your insurance company stating you were in fact insured at the time of the ticket being issued.

Now your ticket is for failure to produce. This ticket for not having the proper paperwork upon demand of a peace officer. showing that you had valid insurance has ZERO to do with the ticket.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    Pushbroom

That's kinda what I figured. No matter what I'm hooped for the cost of the ticket.

My Ride
    '14 Audi S5 /'09 Forester XT

About 2 years ago I was warned from the CPS after I was pulled over for speeding, that I could have had an additional ticket given to me, as I had passed the police officer an expired registration card along with my current registration. I'm not sure what the charge would have been but he did specifically mention that to me as he handed me back my ticket and information.

Yeah some bitch cop almost gave me a ticket for having an expired pink card in the dash, along with the new one.. When I grabbed the pile of paperwork, he saw a couple of pink cards, and wanted to fine me for it.

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

I'm wondering if Dayglow can chime in here (assuming he reads this).

If I have three generation of pink cards in my vehicle, sort through them and hand you the current one, how do I get a ticket out of that? I've heard several people say they've been warned about having multiple pink cards in their possession but nobody's ever got an actual ticket. So I guess the questions are:

- Is there actually some kind of ticket that can be issued for this?
    - If so, what is it?
    - Is it all just an empty threat?

I just can't see how possessing old papers is any kind of legal issue?
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    X7 40i, Cayenne S, 335i Cab

I've been warned before that they could issue me a ticket for having expired registration in the car even if you have the current one, not for pink card though.

Last time I was pulled over, I handed the cop the first pink card I see in the glove compartment and he told me it's expired. so I found the current one, gave it to him and all was well ( except for the speeding ticket itself.. that wasn't well....)

My Ride
    2017 Nissan Morano/2018 Chevy Cruze/2001 Dodge2500

Did you get any other tickets besides that one?

My Ride
    Pushbroom

Originally posted by snoop101
    Did you get any other tickets besides that one?
    Don't know if it matters but yes I was pulled over for speeding.

My Ride
    4 doors, 4 cylinders

Default Re: Fail to produce Insurance

Originally posted by Maxx Mazda
    Got a ticket last night cause my pink card was out of date by a few days. I have insurance, I just forgot to put my new pink card in the car.

If I produce proof within a certain time can I get the ticket thrown out? It happened this morning around 4:30am, so if time is of the essence let me know. Or is it a case of I failed to produce at that moment, so the ticket stands no matter what. I already got a new pink card in there.

Has anyone been in this situation before? Is it an equipment ticket or will it count for points?

Thanks.
    Failing to produce is failing to produce. You got charged with not producing a valid document. You didn't get charged with not having insurance.

No, you can not get the ticket withdrawn if you show valid insurance. You didn't get charged for NOT HAVING VALID INSURANCE, you got charged with failing to produce. You didn't produce a valid document, guilty.

Unless you can find a time machine, go back to before you got the ticket, put your current card in there, and then produce it when the police ask for it, you are still guilty of FAIL TO PRODUCE.

You're lucky he didn't write you for no insurance, because the song and dance that goes along with that trying to prove you had insurance at the time is a lot more hassle than a Fail to Produce ticket for $172.
    Just because it happened to you, doesn't make it interesting.

My Ride
    4 doors, 4 cylinders

Originally posted by RX_EVOLV
    I've been warned before that they could issue me a ticket for having expired registration in the car even if you have the current one, not for pink card though.

Last time I was pulled over, I handed the cop the first pink card I see in the glove compartment and he told me it's expired. so I found the current one, gave it to him and all was well ( except for the speeding ticket itself.. that wasn't well....)
    Being in possession of expired documentation is an offense. Throw out your old expired docs.
    Last edited by JustGo; 10-29-2009 at 05:42 PM.

My Ride
    4 doors, 4 cylinders

Originally posted by Supa Dexta
    Yeah some bitch cop almost gave me a ticket for having an expired pink card in the dash, along with the new one.. When I grabbed the pile of paperwork, he saw a couple of pink cards, and wanted to fine me for it.
    You act like it's a chore, or an impossible task to throw out a small piece of paper.

I think it being an offense is silly too, but come on, don't act like it's asking too much of you to throw away a tiny slip of paper.

In case anyone is wondering what the authority is for that, it is under the Traffic Safety Act, Section 167(8).

167 (8) A person driving a motor vehicle is guilty of an offence and liable to the penalty and any other sanction provided for under section 54(4) to (7) if, when requested to produce a financial responsibility card under subsection (1), the person produces

(a) a document that purports to be a financial responsibility card but that was not issued pursuant to Part 7 of the Insurance Act, or

(b) a financial responsibility card relating to an insurance policy that is not in force or is otherwise invalid at the time of production.
    Originally posted by 01RedDX

Eye for an eye should apply to both, like if you raped a cat, you would get raped by a bigger cat. Counselling doesn't work on animal rapists you clown.

Default Re: Fail to produce Insurance

Originally posted by Maxx Mazda

Thanks.

yes it count for points, bring ur ticket to justice of peace so that u can pay only half of it...

Default Re: Re: Fail to produce Insurance

Originally posted by preludez

yes it count for points, bring ur ticket to justice of peace so that u can pay only half of it...
    ^Not this.

- No points for this offence
    - JP can't do deals. The Crown Prosecutor does deals.
    Originally posted by 01RedDX

Eye for an eye should apply to both, like if you raped a cat, you would get raped by a bigger cat. Counselling doesn't work on animal rapists you clown.

My Ride
    has three pedals.

We all forget things, but we need to be on top of things like this.

Sorry to hear you got two tickets that night OP. If you weren't speeding, you wouldn't of got pulled over, if you didn't get pulled - no insurance ticket.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast