Quantcast
Dyson Vacuum? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Dyson Vacuum?

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Default Dyson Vacumes?

Hey guys,

I got a question. My house is pre-plummed for build in vaccume system, however I do not have the actual vac at the moment. My wife wants me to get a Dyson vacume because it is supposed to be very good. Do you guys have any experience with both and can tell which is better? Do the build in house vacs require a replacement filter and bags, or are the filters washable like on the Dyson?

Also, where is the best place to buy a Dyson vac. We are looking at the small stowaway type.

My Ride
    2003 Mazdaspeed Protege/ 2007 Mercedes C280 4MATIC

My friend is in the vac business and i was told Dycson are absolute garbage

I've used both and I like my portable vacuum better. The suction seems to be better because it doesn't have to go through 50' of pipe or whatever. For a big house though the built in vac wins due to convenience.

I looked at Dysons and ended up with a Kenmore. Consumer Reports had rated it much higher than the Dysons as well. The Vacuum guy at SEARS who seemed to know his stuff prefered them over Dyson as well, saying that you pay a premium for the name. Dysons are great vacuums but IMO far from the be all end all vacuum that people make them out to be.

Another thing is that I was about to buy an upright vacuum, but I ended up with the canister style. So much easier to clean under beds, furniture, use attachments, etc. Easier to store as well.

After much research I have this one (I think..based on the pic) and I couldn't be happier:

http://www.kenmore.com/shc/s/p_10154...5&blockType=L5

It has multiple releases, HEPA filter, storage for attachments, super long self-retracting cord, it's fairly quiet, never loses suction and the bags are a breeze to change with zero mess (also I think I needed to change the bag once in an entire year, vacuuming 2-3 times a week) Build quality is top notch.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 10-27-2010 at 11:40 AM.

I have never used one but i have been doing some research on getting one. I have read nothing but positive reviews. BUT (there is always a but haha) they are extremely expensive. For a dyson ball upright your looking at almost a grand!

I would just spend the bank to get your central vac installed.

My Ride
    95 eg coupe

my parents have the dyson ball and they love it

it was kind of expensive i thought when they first got it but it works really well and doesnt upset my sisters asthma

they got it from the bay iirc

My Ride
    335xi 70 c10 84 c10 Indian chief

Vacuum. House vacuums are generally canister type and decent, we own a normal vac as well as they are way easier to just pull out and use. Either way it depends on if you want to have hoses and shit everywhere or a single unit.

Got 2 dysons, upright and the handheld. Love em. Everyone I know who owns them loves them too.

House has a central vac, I use it when I'm in the garage.
    heloc that shit

My Ride

I replaced a $350 Kemore vacuum that was less than one year old with the one of the Dyson Ball vacuums, I could not believe the difference. They don't lie when they say it doesn't lose suction, it's SUPER easy to use around the house, it's so nice not having to worry about vacuum bags...

We've owned it for about 2.5 years now, it still works as good as it did on day one... I highly recommend Dysons to anyone in need of a vacuum.
    Click here to check out my racing sim...

Originally posted by GQBalla
    tictactoe2004 you are scary

Dyson > any other vaccum
    Originally posted by theken
    Off duty cop means not a cop. At that time he is a normal person.

Originally posted by ZorroAMG

Yes. Just like a ninja in street clothes isn't a ninja.

My Ride
    oooo

Built in vacuum is 100% better than any other type of vacuum, not even close.

The reason some have crappy suction is people undersize their unit. Buy a big unit with 2 or 3x the suction of a portable vac and your are set.

Remember that everything that goes in the hose on a built in stays in the cannister or if it makes it through the filter it vents outside of your house.
    2017 VW Jetta 1.4T (winter car)
    2010 F-350 Nortruck Tool Shed
    2007 BMW 5 (Wifey's)
    2004 Audi A4 1.8T 6spd Stage III w/ Meth
    1985 F-250 6.9L IDI w/ATS turbo

My Ride
    V8s

Originally posted by sillysod
    Built in vacuum is 100% better than any other type of vacuum, not even close.

The reason some have crappy suction is people undersize their unit. Buy a big unit with 2 or 3x the suction of a portable vac and your are set.

Remember that everything that goes in the hose on a built in stays in the cannister or if it makes it through the filter it vents outside of your house.

The house we just bought has a central vac, and my wife loves it. She wanted a Dyson before, but not now

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

think I decided on a central vac after talking to a co-worker. Is external venting necessary? My house previously had a central vac and there was no external filtering, but it was removed when i took possesion. I watched some install videos and they say that it isn't necessary to run venting outside..thoughts?

The foot operated dust vent for the kitchen was a cool idea when I told me wife about it a while ago, not I can use it to sell her on the central vac. Really at the end I doubt she will care, I do all the vacuming in the house haha

My Ride
    09 XRS

Had central at my old place and I hated it, barely any suction goin on... Have a dyson now (the pet one) and I love it!

My Ride
    GD + GR WRB

Originally posted by 1slw4dr
    My friend is in the vac business and i was told Dycson are absolute garbage
    You were told wrong.

Dyson owns all vacuums. I've never had a better Vac.
    Bought not built!

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 06-22-2019 at 09:57 AM.

My Ride
    Born in Stuttgart

I have had my DC25 animal for a year and love it. My dad tried it loved it and bought one for himself even though they have a vaccuflow. I would check out costco as they seemed to have the best set up and price

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

I have this..

The Boss installed in my garage, and I did the plumbing for the pipe and receptables in my house. I think it pwns any handheld vac that I've ever used. I have been thinking about plumbing the venting outside. It currently vents into my garage, but I've never noticed any dust or anything coming out of it. A plus is that it pumps heat into my garage pretty fast in winter.

I also added a garage plug so that I could use it to do the cars, and bought the garage hose for it. Single best investment for cleaning so far. 3 Years so far, and it'll still outsuck my shopvac.

My Ride
    GD + GR WRB

Originally posted by codetrap
    I have this..

The Boss installed in my garage, and I did the plumbing for the pipe and receptables in my house. I think it pwns any handheld vac that I've ever used. I have been thinking about plumbing the venting outside. It currently vents into my garage, but I've never noticed any dust or anything coming out of it. A plus is that it pumps heat into my garage pretty fast in winter.

I also added a garage plug so that I could use it to do the cars, and bought the garage hose for it. Single best investment for cleaning so far. 3 Years so far, and it'll still outsuck my shopvac.

Whoa, that thing looks pretty serious!
    Bought not built!

Some people don't want to drag 30' worth of vacuum hose all other their houses, or wind up 30' worth of hose to store, or drag 30' of hose up and down the stairs. Not to mention it's unwieldy and scuffs up the floors, walls and baseboards.
    heloc that shit

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Originally posted by kevie88

You were told wrong.

Dyson owns all vacuums. I've never had a better Vac.
    Consumer Reports disagree's with you.

Originally posted by lint
    Some people don't want to drag 30' worth of vacuum hose all other their houses, or wind up 30' worth of hose to store, or drag 30' of hose up and down the stairs. Not to mention it's unwieldy and scuffs up the floors, walls and baseboards.
    I put a nice hose cover on the hose, and it's never scuffed anything. Also, it's a helluva lot lighter than carrying a vacuum around the house, up and down stairs. Storage wise it takes up almost exactly the same amount of space.

I have used both, a lot. I'm neurotic about keeping the floor clean, and I have a dog that sheds.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by codetrap; 10-27-2010 at 01:21 PM.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast