Quantcast
The Gun Thread - Page 87 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 87 of 128 FirstFirst ... 77 86 87 88 97 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,740 of 2546

Thread: The Gun Thread

My Ride
    Lease

Originally posted by killramos

911 supply has a lot of gear. Shitty hours though. They have a decent website to browse as well.

Since they sell a lot of stuff to actual swat (ert) I think they will suit your needs. Can be expensive but in this hobby what isn't.
    Thanks

Originally posted by FraserB
    You've go a Glock, get a set of these.

Blahahaha

My Ride
    Lease

Anyone interested in taking Dynamic Pistol Level #1 from CSC (Calgary Shooting Centre)

https://www.theshootingcentre.com/tr...pistol-level-1

Currently they don't have any dates set, but CSC instructor told me class could start ideally with 6 students. Including myself there's 3 that can commit. I'm thinking about late November up to Dec 10, 2014 (I believe it's only 1 day class, but see if anyone's interested to take it this year; otherwise I don't think the range is actively planning anything till 2015)

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by TomcoPDR
    Anyone interested in taking Dynamic Pistol Level #1 from CSC (Calgary Shooting Centre)

Currently they don't have any dates set, but CSC instructor told me class could start ideally with 6 students. Including myself there's 3 that can commit. I'm thinking about late November up to Dec 10, 2014 (I believe it's only 1 day class, but see if anyone's interested to take it this year; otherwise I don't think the range is actively planning anything till 2015)
    I have always wanted to take it and carbine but fuck it's expensive for non-members. The choice between course and new gun/ammo. It never wins haha.

LOL what's the point? Can't carry in Canada, use it to defend yourself or even plink outdoors elsewhere than at a range and you're going to jail. IMO huge waste of money, anybody who paid attention during the PAL/RPAL course knows how to safely handle it anyways. Why not get some cheap ammo, and just practice on your own?

Unless you wanna be one of those guys at the range all holstered up and tac'd out like you're on a delta force mission or something like they're badasssssss with the Glock 17 haha makes me laugh everytime

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

Originally posted by heavyfuel
    LOL what's the point?
    The point is A: none of your business
    B: if you wanted a taste of competition shooting you would have that experience and learn drawing skills and shooting on the run.

If I could afford the ammo I would be getting my black badge and getting into competition locally.

Pistol competition takes a lot of skill and that skill requires practice and development.

Your argument is, akin to saying well, why do you wanna take an intro to car racing class if it's illegal to go that fast on the streets.
    Totally ignorant.
    Last edited by Modelexis; 11-16-2014 at 10:47 AM.
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Rofl at the concept that dynamic pistol is even in the same range of relevance to the PAL course.

Heavy why don't you just start using muskets? You can't use it to defend yourself anyways so what's the point of reloading quickly? And if it isn't accurate enough to hit shit who cares. You don't want to be one of those people who goes all spetznaz on a zombie target with his sks do you?

Makes me laugh every time.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Originally posted by Modelexis

B: if you wanted a taste of competition shooting you would have that experience and learn drawing skills and shooting on the run.

If I could afford the ammo I would be getting my black badge and getting into competition locally.

Pistol competition takes a lot of skill and that skill requires practice and development.

Your argument is, akin to saying well, why do you wanna take an intro to car racing class if it's illegal to go that fast on the streets.
    Totally ignorant.
    Touche, but whatever lol

Originally posted by killramos
    Rofl at the concept that dynamic pistol is even in the same range of relevance to the PAL course.

Heavy why don't you just start using muskets? You can't use it to defend yourself anyways so what's the point of reloading quickly? And if it isn't accurate enough to hit shit who cares. You don't want to be one of those people who goes all spetznaz on a zombie target with his sks do you?

Makes me laugh every time.
    Lol I actually did go Spetznaz on zombie targets with my SKS and my Mosin haha then I learned that 25 yards with a rifle is waste of fucking time and ammo.

Aaaaaand CGN retardation spills onto Beyond....

Popcorn on standby hahah
    Last edited by heavyfuel; 11-16-2014 at 11:54 AM.

My Ride
    Lease

LOL what's the point? Can't carry in Canada, use it to defend yourself or even plink outdoors elsewhere than at a range and you're going to jail. IMO huge waste of money, anybody who paid attention during the PAL/RPAL course knows how to safely handle it anyways. Why not get some cheap ammo, and just practice on your own?

Unless you wanna be one of those guys at the range all holstered up and tac'd out like you're on a delta force mission or something like they're badasssssss with the Glock 17 haha makes me laugh everytime

Originally posted by Modelexis

Totally ignorant.

Both have valid points/arguments here.

Yes, this industry I find is a lot of $$$... however, there are also other hobbies that could be argued a waste of time/what's the point.

Dirty_SOHC is offline 0.2 liters away from a good engine
    My Ride
    WRX

I have taken both Dynamic Pistol Level 1 and Dynamic Carbine Level 1 courses. Pm me if you have any questions about them!

Both have valid points/arguments here.

Yes, this industry I find is a lot of $$$... however, there are also other hobbies that could be argued a waste of time/what's the point.
    Fair enough. But even with golf and skiing I don't think (I don't know much about golf but skiing I know for sure) you could spend $5000 on 1 piece of equipment even if you wanted to.

Shooting isn't what I though it would be. The passion seems to turn to obsession rather quickly and IMO unnecessarily. All too often I hear this "Fuck the RCMP and CFO" or "stand up for your rights" or "come get 'em" like fuck off if you don't like our gun laws don't own guns ya know?

Dirty_SOHC is offline 0.2 liters away from a good engine
    My Ride
    WRX

Shooting isn't what I though it would be. The passion seems to turn to obsession rather quickly and IMO unnecessarily. All too often I hear this "Fuck the RCMP and CFO" or "stand up for your rights" or "come get 'em" like fuck off if you don't like our gun laws don't own guns ya know?
    I tend to avoid CGN for that specific reason and only use it for the EE.

I got into IPSC but I find it too boring. You waste a day to shoot for a total of 10-20 minuteS

skill is involved and more fun to shoot outside and whatsoever but I just can't stand the time shooting to time spent standing around or prepping a stage for the next shooter.

I shoot one match a year just to keep my membership.

Plus driving 3 plus hours getting a hotel if you plan on shooting for both days is a waste of money and time.

I'm interested in taking the CSC course. I haven't shot much this year though. Been working too much.

Originally posted by Dirty_SOHC

I tend to avoid CGN for that specific reason and only use it for the EE.
    Yep... IMO lots of people on there shouldn't be anywhere near guns...

My Ride
    Volvo S60 & Jeep GC

Fair enough. But even with golf and skiing I don't think (I don't know much about golf but skiing I know for sure) you could spend $5000 on 1 piece of equipment even if you wanted to.

I know guys who spend $5000 to go skiing for 2 days. It's all about perspective.

Originally posted by GTS4tw

I know guys who spend $5000 to go skiing for 2 days. It's all about perspective.
    Ohhh I would in a heartbeat too if I could afford it. I meant equipment wise. I have a friend with a Lapua .338 says he's over 5K into it, that just baffles me. Never seen a pair of skis cost 5 grand lol

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Ohhh I would in a heartbeat too if I could afford it. I meant equipment wise. I have a friend with a Lapua .338 says he's over 5K into it, that just baffles me. Never seen a pair of skis cost 5 grand lol
    I can appreciate where you're coming from but Firearms is just like any other hobby really. The amount of money people sink into cars and trucks can be brought into question, and that is a depreciating asset.

To me as I have grown up and my life priorities changed, I find I can justify spending the money I would have spent on new wheels and tires now on a rifle scope.

I was heavy into photography years back and it was definitely an expensive hobby, however Like cars, the camera bodies always depreciate to be worth nothing. The Lens however hold their value. Much the same with guns. I have a substantial arsenal now, and when I look at it, it rivals a down payment on a home. But they are all worth something and can all be sold for near purchase price. Same with my ammunition. I've actually MADE money on ammunition, it's like precious metal.

For me and what I do for a living firearms are a daily part of my life, and as such, I find that the more I practice at home, the better I am in the field. Sure, our laws in Canada are fcuking ridiculous and the general liberal Canadian or most Canadians for that matter are petrified of the Pestilent Pistol or Menacing Black Rifle, so these laws will not likely change and in fact likely get more strict. Walk through an Airport in the USA and see an armed officer with a sidearm, noone bats an eye, and yet walk through an Airport in Canada and everyone becomes instantly more nervous and uptight. I've experienced it first hand. It's our society.

I have a very expensive rifle with a very expensive scope, but I also had a very expensive Camera with a very expensive lens. One and the same my friend.

Now, time to go tumble some brass and clean my handguns, it's therapeutic.

Travel

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Unrelated, but I hope everyone got to partake in all the incredible deals on firearms, ammunition and accessories for Black Friday.

911 and the Shooting Edge both had great deals!
    Travel

Anyone have a JR Carbine? How do you like it? Likes? Dislikes?

Originally posted by Dave P
    Anyone have a JR Carbine? How do you like it? Likes? Dislikes?
    I shot one in 9mm. No expert but it felt good and was fun. Plus it's non restricted so imo makes more sense to own than a similar tacti-cool unit that you could only use at a range.

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Its what you would expect from a 7 or 8 hundred dollar gun, I love it because it shoots my hoards of surplus 9mm wherever I like, and you can swap parts to change caliber (I like the 45), but it's no Colt thats for sure.
    Travel

Page 87 of 128 FirstFirst ... 77 86 87 88 97 ... LastLast