Quantcast
Why was this chap so rude on the road? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Why was this chap so rude on the road?

My Ride
    Wankels!

Default Re: Why was this chap so rude on the road?

Originally posted by PulsePro
    I do a brake check on him and he keeps on tailgating me. I proceed to slow down a bit (70km/h in an 80km/h zone) and he overtakes me so I can get a good look at him. He passes me with his white vehicle and I change lanes to go after him and turn on my high beams to piss him off a bit and I honked over 20 times at his face.
    That does indeed sound like you were driving "respectfully and defensively".

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Default Re: Why was this chap so rude on the road?

I was in the far left lane of crowchild and proceeded to change lanes by signaling, waiting for at least 3 blinks then proceeding to change lanes. I'm in the far right lane now and this caucasian individual with a girl friend starts turning on the high beams at me and switching them to lows.
    He was so rude because he was an inattentive driver and didn't see your turn signals.

Similar thing happened to me a few weeks ago on Deerfoot. I signaled, did a pretty slow lane change, and suddenly a jeep is roaring up behind me tailgating and giving me the finger (it's not like he would've gotten far either, traffic was doing 80, and I was right behind the person in front of me.

I gave some polite sign language to thank him for the tailgating, and then he flips out and started trying to get in front of me the entire length of Deerfoot (thankfully he never had an opportunity because of traffic).

When I got to work, thinking maybe I have a broken signal lamp, I checked it. Lo and behold it was fine, the idiot just didn't know how to pay attention to other drivers signals.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    Nissan

Default Re: Re: Why was this chap so rude on the road?

Originally posted by Penguin_Racecar

how does it not??

Originally posted by Penguin_Racecar

That was only a situational mishap. I was frustrated at him.
    Since you can't comprehend my original statement, let me clarify it for you.

NORMALLY, I drive RESPECTFULLY AND DEFENSIVELY.

Originally posted by Tik-Tok

He was so rude because he was an inattentive driver and didn't see your turn signals.

Similar thing happened to me a few weeks ago on Deerfoot. I signaled, did a pretty slow lane change, and suddenly a jeep is roaring up behind me tailgating and giving me the finger (it's not like he would've gotten far either, traffic was doing 80, and I was right behind the person in front of me.

I gave some polite sign language to thank him for the tailgating, and then he flips out and started trying to get in front of me the entire length of Deerfoot (thankfully he never had an opportunity because of traffic).

When I got to work, thinking maybe I have a broken signal lamp, I checked it. Lo and behold it was fine, the idiot just didn't know how to pay attention to other drivers signals.
    Hmm, I was always told that Calgarian drivers were terrible and believe me, I know. However, I didn't think there were very rude drivers that flip out for nothing. I feel assured now that I wasn't the only victim of such an incident.

Oh by the way, what should I do with his license plate #?

My Ride
    DA9

Oh by the way, what should I do with his license plate #?
    forget about it man
    do you think the cops care that someone gave you the finger and flashed his highs on you? Probably not unless you have some sort of proof, these situations happen everyday

My Ride
    TSX / R6S

For honking and flashing your high beams you just got sucked in and are as bad as the other driver. /thread

Originally posted by shakalaka
    Just cause he was doing stupid shot behind you doesn't mean that you should have done the same. You call him a stupid teenager but I gotta say what you did wasn't really very 'adult' like either.

That being said it's better to clear away from retards not try to get involved in the whole situation.
    +1

These types of situations can escalate quickly if you start engaging in things like brake checks, high beaming and gesturing... you put yourself, your passengers & everybody on the road around you in serious danger by reacting like that.

Better to take a deep breath and withdraw from the confrontation. If the guy is being a real asshat, just grab his license plate and call it in.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

I can understand why you did the "brake check", even though it isn't really a great idea. But then you go and high beam him, etc as well? Honestly, it sounds to me like you pissed him off, then he pissed you off, and you both generally acted like douches.

On top of that, people giving others the finger and having minor instances such as this happen all the time while driving. Not really thread-worthy, imo... especially when all I got out of it is that you aren't really the best driver in the world...

...or maybe I'm just bitchy today. Can a guy be bitchy? Sure... why not.

Originally posted by Kloubek
    I can understand why you did the "brake check", even though it isn't really a great idea. But then you go and high beam him, etc as well? Honestly, it sounds to me like you pissed him off, then he pissed you off, and you both generally acted like douches.

On top of that, people giving others the finger and having minor instances such as this happen all the time while driving. Not really thread-worthy, imo... especially when all I got out of it is that you aren't really the best driver in the world...

...or maybe I'm just bitchy today. Can a guy be bitchy? Sure... why not.
    Fair enough. That's just your general assumption from this thread. He pissed me off so I pissed him off. Not the other way around. It wasn't a mature thing to do but since such an incident hadn't occurred before, I didn't know how to react.

/Thread

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2