Quantcast
Drug testing - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Drug testing

Default Drug testing

Random question...

Say your company has drug testing, but you have a legal marijuana prsecription, does it supercede the companies drug policy?

My Ride
    Turbalt and Skyrine

Could have troubles if a drug test is done, but would most likely win in a court situation if it came to that. They would definitely have to be aware of it ahead of time, since you would also have some sort of medical condition to go along with it anyways.

I have always wondered what would happen if you just returned from Amsterdam. If you smoked weed legally abroad and came home and had to take a drug test would it still be valid?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I don't believe there are any laws that addresses workplace drug policies in regards to medical marijuana today, so it would take the first person to get fired, go through the courts, before you'd have a definate answer if medical marijuana can supercede workplace drug policies on marijuana.

With that being said, you can always just ask your HR department, that's probably a lot easier.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by calgary403
    I have always wondered what would happen if you just returned from Amsterdam. If you smoked weed legally abroad and came home and had to take a drug test would it still be valid?
    Of course it would be valid. It's a work drug policy, not what you can do legally in other jurisdiction policy.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

If I ask HR, guess where I have an appointment tomorrow.. haha

Im clean though.. It just crossed my mind, as Ive never thought of it before.

My Ride
    CBR 929

If I had to smoke marijuana for medical reasons you probably wouldn't want to be working as most people who do have a Px for it have MS, cancer, chronic pain issues or other severe neuro/muscular issues.

I would assume a prescription for it would stand as it would be no different than a doctor prescribing opiates or pain killers which could also show up in testing, some of which imo mess you up more than pot.

[url]

My Ride
    2015 Ford Focus SE

It would probably depend on the nature of the job, and if the marijuana would affect your ability to perform your duties in a safe matter. If you're sitting at a desk who cares, but if you'll be operating machinery, then there will probably be concerns.
    Originally posted by rage2 in 2002
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-13-2020 at 09:15 PM.

Originally posted by bignerd
    If I had to smoke marijuana for medical reasons you probably wouldn't want to be working as most people who do have a Px for it have MS, cancer, chronic pain issues or other severe neuro/muscular issues.

I would assume a prescription for it would stand as it would be no different than a doctor prescribing opiates or pain killers which could also show up in testing, some of which imo mess you up more than pot.
    or have crohn's disease and tell your doctor you have no appetite.
    2011 Chevy Colorado Z71 - 5.3L LH9 - Daily driver
    2003 Mazda B4000 on 35s

Im a consultant, I dont get paid for time off.