Quantcast
Alberta Budget Flop - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Alberta Budget Flop

Default Alberta Budget Flop

Poor Ralph. Look at what these clowns are doing!

The PC's 'waffle' on oil royalties cost us over 1 Billion. And we're spending like druken sailors. What's up??

This is the 'in denial' budget. IE, they want to buy your vote now, and hope things clear up in a 'few years.' No worries though, Albertans always vote Blue!!

Last edited by kaput; 03-22-2019 at 06:57 PM.

Unless natural gas prices jump dramatically, Alberta can kiss the Heritage Fund goodbye within the next 3-4 years.

My Ride
    G6

I recently had to pay $500 for travel vaccines which are no longer covered under Alberta health care (recent change). It didn't bother me that much because, well, I figured the government was trying to save some money. Makes sense given the current economic picture. Then I see a 3 BILLION dollar deficit? Pisses me right off; what a bunch of idiots. If you can't afford it, DON'T BUY IT!!

Originally posted by Feruk
    I recently had to pay $500 for travel vaccines which are no longer covered under Alberta health care (recent change). It didn't bother me that much because, well, I figured the government was trying to save some money. Makes sense given the current economic picture. Then I see a 3 BILLION dollar deficit? Pisses me right off; what a bunch of idiots. If you can't afford it, DON'T BUY IT!!
    They are banking on the fact that 89coupe told them that house prices are going to jump 10% because O&G is set to boom any moment now.

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Originally posted by Feruk

Trevelled in 2007...none of my vaccines were covered...were they ever?

I don't think the government should pay for vaccines for people's personal travels, why should everyone foot the bill for you to enjoy an adventure in africa for example.

The Alberta government an't keep raiding the iggy bank for much longer. The provincial government's Sustainability Fund, set up in 2003 to offset deficits, will have been drained to virtually nothing in the short span of five years -from $16.8 billion at the start of fiscal 2009 to $1.7 billion by the end of 2014 -if its latest budget estimates are correct.

Read more: http://www.calgaryherald.com/busines...#ixzz1EzdV97Mi

Why the C and P are missing from the first sentence, I'm not sure... Conspiracy.

My Ride
    Vettel's #1

I really thought getting rid of the health care premiums was a pretty dumb thing to do.

To be fair, governments are supposed to spend their way out of a recession, but these guys have mismanaged the province so poorly through this.

Oh well, they'll elect some other idiot to run their party and he or she will get voted in again.
    Vettel's #1

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by CapnCrunch
    I really thought getting rid of the health care premiums was a pretty dumb thing to do.

To be fair, governments are supposed to spend their way out of a recession, but these guys have mismanaged the province so poorly through this.

Oh well, they'll elect some other idiot to run their party and he or she will get voted in again.
    This.

Getting rid of premiums is 10x worst than Ralph bucks.

Premiums mostly is covered mostly by employers and corporations. Now taxpayers pays for all.

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by sputnik

They are banking on the fact that 89coupe told them that house prices are going to jump 10% because O&G is set to boom any moment now.
    Correction. New home prices he said.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49