Quantcast
CPC hit with two more contempt rulings - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: CPC hit with two more contempt rulings

Default CPC hit with two more contempt rulings

Speaker Peter Milliken has found the Conservatives in contempt of Parliament, handing powerful ammunition to opposition claims the Harper government’s autocratic behaviour represents an abuse of power.

The ruling is only “on its face,” and a Commons committee will spend next week deciding what action to take. But the Speaker’s ruling -- the third finding of contempt against the Tories in one year -- represents a powerful rebuke to a government that has repeatedly claimed the right to protect information on the basis of cabinet confidence.
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle1935375/

This doesn't happen too often (between 2003 and through 2010 there were 3 cases of people being found in contempt of parliament.

But that's not the point, its down to what really matters...does anyone care?

My Ride
    05 Outback 2.5xt

Default Re: CPC hit with two more contempt rulings

Originally posted by kertejud2

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle1935375/

This doesn't happen too often (between 2003 and through 2010 there were 3 cases of people being found in contempt of parliament.

But that's not the point, its down to what really matters...does anyone care?
    Exactly. I just.... don't care. I don't know about the rest of Canada, but it all sounds like a big deal of nothing to me.

Jason Kenney wants immigrants to vote for him! Oh no!

My Ride
    CRF 250L

Default Re: Re: CPC hit with two more contempt rulings

Originally posted by natejj

Exactly. I just.... don't care. I don't know about the rest of Canada, but it all sounds like a big deal of nothing to me.

Jason Kenney wants immigrants to vote for him! Oh no!

You should ask to the see the conservatives internal documents on the "Tax Leak" that caused them to move and get rid of Income Trusts.

This was a 30 billion dollar give away to Goldman Sachs et al.

Likewise you check into the stealth 75 billion dollar hand out to Canadas banks in 2008.

I care. Rest of Canada? Hockey, beer, were better than americans and everyone likes us - who cares.
    TRUTH: it's the new hate speech.
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act. - Orwell

My Ride
    "Four f***ing wheels and a seat!"

Default Re: Re: Re: CPC hit with two more contempt rulings

I couldn't help but think of the "Montgomery Burns Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Excellence" when I read about the "award" that Kenney gave to that Chinese restaurant in Ottawa. "Minister's Award of Excellence for Creating an Authentic Multicultural Dining Experience" -- what the hell is that? Is he looking for free unfettered access to their lunch buffet?

http://www.yangshengrestaurant.ca/images/award_lg.jpg

I wonder if Kenney was ever audited for all of the times that Pram Gill (CPC candidate in Brampton-Springdale) accompanied him on government business abroad. Kenney has Gill accompany him on many things (including a government paid trip to India), where Gill spoke about planned government immigration policy, as if he was an elected government official.

This incident, along with the leaked document that suggested that his staffers (who we as taxpayers pay for to perform GOVERNMENT duties) are wasting our resources on partisan political activities, such as campaigning and party fundraising.

The CPC justifies it by saying that the previous Liberal governments have done the same thing, but haven't backed it up with any specific examples or evidence yet.

Harper Government!

Because you just know the liberals are waiting for the shoe to drop so that they can rename it to Ignatieff Government without causing a stir.

I wonder if the Queen is mad. Next thing you know - he will be calling himself the head of state.
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

My Ride
    1990 4runner

I care, but not cause it's the tories. I'd be just as pleased if the speaker found the Libs or the NDP in contempt. The less questionable garbage the politicians are allowed to get away with, the better. Accountability from ALL our elected officials is the goal here, not just the conservatives, or just the libs or whatever.

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

I just want an election to happen. Who in a right mind would vote for Ignatieff?

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...