Quantcast
Physiotherapy clinics - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Physiotherapy clinics

My Ride
    Slow Injected

Default Physiotherapy clinics recommendations?

I'm looking for some recommendations on where to go for physiotherapy. I've only checked out the one on the UofC campus so far and it's about $110 for the first session and around $70 after that.
    I'm only covered $20 per session so a cheaper place would be nice.

TIA
    Last edited by gyu; 03-23-2011 at 04:57 PM.

My Ride
    TypeR

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but your not gonna get cheaper then 60-70 per session. Just for a personal trainer who is less qualified will be 60 per session. What is your problem anyway?

My Ride
    Slow Injected

Recurring shoulder dislocation. I wouldn't mind paying that amount or more if I knew for sure that physio would fix it,but the doctor told me that people usually get physio the first time it happens and that since it has happened quite a few times already it might not be that effective. I didn't know I was getting my shoulder dislocated the first few times as stupid as that sounds because it just popped back in within a few minutes, and I also didn't know that it would happen has often as it does.
    Another option is surgery, but I want to avoid that if I can, I'm hoping physio and a shoulder brace is enough to prevent it from happening.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

My wife is a physiotherapist - just not in the sports-related field. She says you should go a few times - just to see. Because you want to make sure it *requires* surgery before even thinking about getting it. It might never be quite the same...

My Ride
    Evo X GSR

Don't remember how much they charge but Balanced Health near SAIT is really good.
    Its not the hand you're dealt it's how you play your cards.

My Ride
    Honda

UofC is actually worth the money. What are your goals? Getting back to a competitive level or just healing stronger/faster? I did an ACL rehab with UofC and they did an awesome job. Their physiotherapists are really good.

My Ride
    Slow Injected

Originally posted by t_soarer
    UofC is actually worth the money. What are your goals? Getting back to a competitive level or just healing stronger/faster? I did an ACL rehab with UofC and they did an awesome job. Their physiotherapists are really good.
    That's good to hear. I just want to be able to play basketball without worrying about dislocating my shoulder, so I guess getting back to a competitive level. I play in a mens league, but I've never had it happen to me in the mens league (probably because I don't play big minutes), only when I have been playing pick up basketball.
    It's actually happened to both my shoulders but luckily it had only happened once to my right shoulder quite awhile ago and it never happened again until a couple days ago when I slipped on ice and fell but that was very minor compared to what I've had with my left shoulder.
    Last edited by gyu; 03-23-2011 at 11:25 PM.

My Ride
    '04 Civic, '07 Element SC

see what MRU's rates are, they have a clinic.
    Also there's a place in Marda loop, just google marda loop physio or something like that. Those are the ones I'm familiar with.

My Ride
    Honda

Originally posted by gyu

That's good to hear. I just want to be able to play basketball without worrying about dislocating my shoulder, so I guess getting back to a competitive level. I play in a mens league, but I've never had it happen to me in the mens league (probably because I don't play big minutes), only when I have been playing pick up basketball.
    It's actually happened to both my shoulders but luckily it had only happened once to my right shoulder quite awhile ago and it never happened again until a couple days ago when I slipped on ice and fell but that was very minor compared to what I've had with my left shoulder.

Get in with Martin at UofC Sports Medicine, I don't know if you'll find anyone better for shoulders. Good luck!

My Ride
    4x4

U of C is one of the better ones, but its somewhat dependant on what you're going for... But like many they have their specialties... They're better at some things than others...

lindsay park's (whatever it's called) has a REALLY good one - but I seem to recall it was a lot more $. But again, they have their specialties...

Jack Lehman over at market mall prof. center - probably one of my favorites; REALLY good, he'll bust your butt if you're not following the program, and has a lot of the old chinese training; so expect acupuncture and other hokus pokus...

Spend the money for a good one, wasting your time at a halfassed physio isn't getting ya anywhere...

My Ride
    Slow Injected

Originally posted by t_soarer

Get in with Martin at UofC Sports Medicine, I don't know if you'll find anyone better for shoulders. Good luck!
    Damn, I made an appointment already at UofC with a guy named John. Maybe for my 2nd session I'll see if I can get Martin.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys

My Ride
    Honda

Originally posted by gyu

Damn, I made an appointment already at UofC with a guy named John. Maybe for my 2nd session I'll see if I can get Martin.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys

John is great for shoulders too actually. He gives good exercises to do at home.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Where did you get that contact information? I might go in to get my rotor cuff examined.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Honda

Originally posted by msommers
    Where did you get that contact information? I might go in to get my rotor cuff examined.

If that was addressed to me: I volunteer at the clinic once a week and observe what they are doing, then just ask patients how they feel about the treatment they are receiving/results over the long term. These guys always get the best feedback.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Could you get me the contact information to go in for a session to look at my shoulder with either John or Martin?

Thx.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Honda

Originally posted by msommers
    Could you get me the contact information to go in for a session to look at my shoulder with either John or Martin?

Thx.
    403-220-8518

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Cheers.
    Ultracrepidarian

I went to the one in the market mall professional center they did a great job when I messed my knee up. I think I paid $80 for the 1st session and $55 for the following sessions. Plus you can have your therapy sessions early in the morning if needed.

403-286-5529 try Andy or Colin. HTH!

My Ride
    Has 5 wheels.

Bump.

I just got referred to physio by my doctor the other day for my knee. Patello-femoral syndrome caused my knee to give out on a hike on saturday.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a physio therapist in the south east? I live in deer run. Would like it close to my house.

Otherwise I work by North hill mall so one in that area could work as well. Is UofC that much better that its worth going there?