Quantcast
Gyms in Grande Prairie - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Gyms in Grande Prairie

My Ride
    Acura TSX 2009

Default Gyms in Grande Prairie

Hey guys,

I'm moving to Grande Prairie for a job this summer, and I'm wondering if anybody who's been in the area knows of any good gyms up there? I've found a few but I'm not sure what they're like...

Thanks

My Ride
    Bang Bus

Vo2 max, Winston's health and fitness, World gym, GPRC fitness center. I'm from Grande Prairie and these are the gyms that i go to. I personally like GPRC fitness center because they have basketball courts. Check out the ones i have listed above and see which one fits your criteria.

My Ride
    K Pop Yacht

not sure about the Gym's but try Prairie sushi, it's awesome!!!

My Ride
    Bang Bus

Go to Tokyo Ichiban my friend from Vancouver is one of the head sushi chefs there.

My Ride
    Acura TSX 2009

When I go to the gym I'm using barbells and free weights. So I like lots of benches, squat racks, etc. Which one do you think is good for that? I might be finding a place at Ranchlands, where there's a gym called "The Club"? Do you know anything about that? I couldn't tell if it was part of the apartments or just a regular gym really close by.

My Ride
    Acura TSX 2009

Originally posted by lee88
    Go to Tokyo Ichiban my friend from Vancouver is one of the head sushi chefs there.
    haha! Last time I was up there I saw prairie sushi and thought it was pretty sketchy. But I thought that was the only sushi place in town. I'll check out ichiban for sure... thanks!

My Ride
    Bang Bus

Originally posted by cricks11
    When I go to the gym I'm using barbells and free weights. So I like lots of benches, squat racks, etc. Which one do you think is good for that? I might be finding a place at Ranchlands, where there's a gym called "The Club"? Do you know anything about that? I couldn't tell if it was part of the apartments or just a regular gym really close by.
    I haven't been to the club in 15yrs. Last time i been there it was a shit hole. But who knows maybe it changed. I suggest Winston's health and fitness or World gym. Check both of them out It only takes 10mins to get anywhere in that town. No such thing as rush hour
    Last edited by lee88; 04-13-2011 at 10:10 PM.

My Ride
    Acura TSX 2009

Winston didn't have a website . and world gym looked like it had hundreds hundreds of machines, and then a lonely squat rack in the corner... haha. I'll check it out when I get up there though.

What's there to do in GP anyways. I couldn't find any grappling clubs (Brazilian Jiu Jitsu) online, no parkour clubs.
    Any good restraunts? haha o man, I'm going to miss Calgary...

My Ride
    Bang Bus

Winston didn't have a website . and world gym looked like it had hundreds hundreds of machines, and then a lonely squat rack in the corner... haha. I'll check it out when I get up there though.

What's there to do in GP anyways. I couldn't find any grappling clubs (Brazilian Jiu Jitsu) online, no parkour clubs.
    Any good restraunts? haha o man, I'm going to miss Calgary...
    Honestly i don't know whats good for restaurants in GP anymore. I haven't lived in GP for 12years I only go back 4 times a year to visit family and every time i go back they're always a new restaurant being built. For Jiu Jitsu, Goshin-Ryu Jiu-Jitsu 108 - 12709 99th Street. GP is like a mini Red deer.
    Last edited by lee88; 04-14-2011 at 09:55 AM.

My Ride
    Acura TSX 2009

Right on, thanks!

A friend of mine runs this out fit http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...1598934&ref=ts

They've got a lot of goodies a nd are into a lot of unconventional stuff that you might be interested in.
    www.bellsofsteel.com

My Ride
    Acura TSX 2009

Originally posted by Kaevon Khoozani
    A friend of mine runs this out fit http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...934&ref=ts

They've got a lot of goodies a nd are into a lot of unconventional stuff that you might be interested in.
    what is this? This thing in GP?

It's a group of guys led by my buddy, i think he runs it out of anmartial arts place. They get together for training a few times a week, they're getting more and more into Kettlebell sport as well. His name is Mike and his email is on there. Yes it's in GP.
    www.bellsofsteel.com

My Ride
    Acura TSX 2009

good stuff, i'll check it out.
    Good to see your new gym is up and running by the way, I've been hearing about it from Andrew. I'd join right away, if I wasn't going up to GP

I got a membership at "the club". Its part of one of the many "ranchlands" apartment complexes in town. I have a buddy that i have a "couple" membership with that essentially means we save money. I pay 52.50 a month.

As for facilities, they have your standard machines. A wide variety of free weights, with about 3 benches. Two bench press bars. Squat machine. etc.. Also included in membership is access to 2 squash courts, a pool, and a hot tub in the same building.

I like it there, and it never is too busy when I go (~4 in the afternoons, 10-11 weekend mornings)

My Ride
    Acura TSX 2009

Originally posted by lasimmon

I got a membership at "the club". Its part of one of the many "ranchlands" apartment complexes in town. I have a buddy that i have a "couple" membership with that essentially means we save money. I pay 52.50 a month.

As for facilities, they have your standard machines. A wide variety of free weights, with about 3 benches. Two bench press bars. Squat machine. etc.. Also included in membership is access to 2 squash courts, a pool, and a hot tub in the same building.

I like it there, and it never is too busy when I go (~4 in the afternoons, 10-11 weekend mornings)
    Awesome, I might be moving into an apartment in the ranchlands and the gym right there is pretty sweet. How many squat racks does it have? And do they have bumper plates and platform?

Awesome, I might be moving into an apartment in the ranchlands and the gym right there is pretty sweet. How many squat racks does it have? And do they have bumper plates and platform?
    They only have 1 squat rack, yet it usually free when I am there, if not I can get a hold of it within 1 or 2 other exercises.

Care to elaborate on the bumper plates and platform? Not quite sure what you mean as I do not know the lingo very well haha.

My Ride
    Acura TSX 2009

They're weights that are usually rubber or something like that, it's not as dense as the iron plates, so you can drop them and not break anything. The platform also distributes the impact of dropping the weights too. I use them for cleans and deadlifts sometimes. But since you have no idea what they are, I'm guessing "the club" doesn't have them :P

They're weights that are usually rubber or something like that, it's not as dense as the iron plates, so you can drop them and not break anything. The platform also distributes the impact of dropping the weights too. I use them for cleans and deadlifts sometimes. But since you have no idea what they are, I'm guessing "the club" doesn't have them :P
    Haha yah i am not really sure.

I would suggest just going there 1 time when you move here, i think its like 5 bucks or something to drop in, check it out and what not. If you talk with them sometimes they will let you in for free.