Quantcast
Motorcycle accident sends man to hospital with life-threatening injuries - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorcycle accident sends man to hospital with life-threatening injuries

My Ride
    Turbo charged 1977 Datsun 280Z

Default Motorcycle accident sends man to hospital with life-threatening injuries

My Ride
    Blue boy

Hai gaiz

A 32-year old man was taken to hospital in life-threatening condition after a motorcycle/car accident early Saturday morning.

The man, accompanied by a woman, was driving a 2005 Honda CBR600 motorcycle east on 17 Ave. S.W. He was approaching the intersection of 4 Street when a westbound 2007 Nissan Versa made a left turn in front of the bike.

Both people on the bike were thrown and sustained serious, multiple injuries. The driver was in worse shape, suffering from life threatening injuries, when he was taken to hospital by AHS. The 19-year old driver of the Nissan, along with her three passengers were uninjured.
    Click my link or kis my as

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

sounds like the 19year old girl never shoulder checked and pwned the bike....

horrible to hear about the riders, but honestly what the fuck is with guys doubling their girlfriends on bikes.

Some people may just not care but I could never live with myself if my significant other was killed while I was in control. Contrary to popular belief by invincible riders on here accidents do happen (see this and another article posted by Markham- both of which had people doubling i believe ), and in the event of an accident there is no protection for you or your partner. That means, if you do get in an accident you know your ladyfriend is going to get hurt badly. At least in my car I can rest assured there are seat belts, curtain airbags and a structure around us to protect us in a crash.

I'm willing to bet most of the people the riders are doubling don't ride, and thus don't fully understand the risk of riding.

I watched last night as a kid rolled by in full leathers with a girl doubling wearing jeans and a hoody, what a piece of shit, wouldn't even buy his lady friend leathers....

so do you not drive with her as a passenger in a car then? what about walking and crossing the street together, what if you both get hit by a car crossing the street?

honestly that is a stupid comment man.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

Originally posted by Cos
    so do you not drive with her as a passenger in a car then? what about walking and crossing the street together, what if you both get hit by a car crossing the street?

+1

As long as you are obeying the law and defensively driving on the bike, what more can you do?

My Ride
    2022 X2M

Originally posted by Cos

+1

EDit : LOL beat by a few seconds
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

My Ride
    Cup of Tea

drove past this last night, looked pretty messy

Originally posted by Cos

read my comment again I stated "At least in my car I can rest assured there are seat belts, curtain airbags and a structure around us to protect us in a crash." What more can you do? I dunno maybe not double on a bike? pretty simple to me? or buy your gf a bike/get your gf to buy a bike like you did Cos?

how is that a stupid comment? Would you let your gf drive with you in a car you knew wasn't safe? ie: structural rust, non-functioning air bag? and just assume that if you drive defensively and within the law that "is all you can do"

You can't argue bikes are safe in the event of an accident. I for one do not believe in putting people in danger that is out of their control and who don't fully understand it (my main issue). its different with you because your gf rides, she completely understands the risks involved with riding, but how many people who don't ride understand the risks? Isn't it your responsibility as a rider who understands the risk to do what is best for the other person? That crossing the street stuff doesn't even make sense to me, both of us understand the risk of stepping out in front of a car, I think you are missing my point.

I am not trying to say bikes are bad, sure they can be dangerous and the results mores devastating if you do fuck up than in a car. But I don't believe in passing that danger on to someone else who doesn't understand it.

yea I am assuming the females doubling in both these cases weren't themselves riders. Yes that is a bold assumption, but most of the couples I know that ride, opt for riding two bikes together over doubling on one.
    Last edited by J-hop; 05-14-2011 at 01:40 PM.

Still wasn't cleaned up at ~3am, was wondering what happened.

My Ride
    4x4

Originally posted by Team_Mclaren
    sounds like the 19year old girl never shoulder checked and pwned the bike....
    Nope, nothing to do with shoulder checks... 17x4 - thats a nasty intersection with continuous turning crashes... Figure it out.

Scene got cleaned out around 530

damn, hope they recover fast.

this is why im kinda scared to double people

My Ride
    GD + GR WRB

Originally posted by Cos

Agreed 100%. GTFO
    Bought not built!

jhop I read it and I understand what you are saying. if you like, leave out the car comparison. What about pedal bikes or going for a walk or run together? none of those situations give you the safety of the airbags or seatbelts.

honestly I would prefer tiff to be on the bike with me. I know I can ride, I have only been riding 10 years and both times down were my own fault. I have never ridden aggressive enough with her on the back to worry her.

I called it a stupid comment because really you should be happy that your car is that much safer than everything else in life, rather than assume your car is safe and call everything else dangerous. if everyone was at the same risk of dieing driving a car as they were pedal biking, motorbiking or even walking I think the roads would be much nicer places. people take the safety of their vehicle for granted when it is amazing how much destruction it can unleash.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

again missed the point, my point was you should never double someone that doesn't fully understand the risks involved.

No one that hasn't ridden a bike before truly understands the risks involved and generally I find people just assume the person knows what they are doing and assume they won't get hurt.

I'm fine driving my gf around, and walking down the street with her because she drives and walks and understands the risks involved. But would I throw her on the back of a quad with me (even though on most quads that in itself is completely stupid)? hell no, she doesn't quad, she doesn't understand the risks, she would probably just trust in me to make sure she didn't get hurt when in reality I know that I could easily get hurt (and have been hurt). Just like any rider knows, an unattentive driver, gravel, debris etc can result in myself and my passenger getting hurt... this is not something one would understand by only seeing the back of the rider in control and never being in control themselves.

My Ride
    05 Outback 2.5xt

I dont think I'd ever let my girlfriend ride on my bike with me. At least, not until I have 5-10 years of experience under my belt.

My Ride
    2014 Tundra 1794 + 2016 X1

Ya I'm with J-Hop on this...

If you have a passenger on your bike, they should be as protected as you meaning either the same jacket/pants/boots etc.

It doesn't matter how experienced you are as a rider. There will always be an unforeseen circumstance that can potentially cause an accident.

I bet that rider mentioned in the OP article was a seasoned rider and as we can all tell, this wasn't his fault but the fault of the Nissan making the left turn.

There's no way I'd let my wife ride with me. I couldn't live with myself should something happen while riding and I lived.

My Ride
    E550 Coupe (M278)

I know the girl who was riding on the back of the bike. Won't reveal name (at the family's request) but injuries are broken back and broken leg in three places.
    -James
    Current beast: E550 Coupe (M278)
    Previous beasts: AM Vantage, E90 335i (modded + JB4 Map2), E39 M5

Originally posted by natejj
    I dont think I'd ever let my girlfriend ride on my bike with me. At least, not until I have 5-10 years of experience under my belt.
    I've got that, let me know if she wants to go for a spin.

My Ride
    Hemi, ZX6R

Originally posted by TorqueDog
    I know the girl who was riding on the back of the bike. Won't reveal name (at the family's request) but injuries are broken back and broken leg in three places.
    Femur, Tibia and Fibula? Jesus that intense.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast