Quantcast
Religion at its best - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Religion at its best

My Ride
    6.2L V8

Default Religion at its best

The next time someone tells you that atheists are selfish and amoral? Remember Damon Fowler. Remember the religious community that bullied him, harassed him, ostracized him, and drove him out.

And remember the atheist community that took him in.
    http://www.alternet.org/belief/15108...ed?page=entire

My Ride
    Torqueless wonder!

Ha, kind of funny (ironic not haha) - I would normally expect it the other way around.

People in groups... no, people in mobs suck, religious or not.

How is a group of atheists helping another atheist supposed to be surprising?

My Ride
    Depends on the day

They must be "true Christians"

My Ride
    6.2L V8

Originally posted by sputnik
    How is a group of atheists helping another atheist supposed to be surprising?
    Whoooooosh

Originally posted by CMW403

Whoooooosh
    Yep - Clear across the bow.

I read about this on reddit - it was unreal.

tl;dr

A PUBLIC school wants to have a "prayer" before graduation.

A dude says, 1. it's illegal and 2. Finds it offensive for the other religions/agnostics/atheist

This ignorant nationalist broad says, "screw you, I am only here because of god, he made us, he deserves this, blah blah" Says prayer anyways.

Basically the whole school freaks out, death threats, threats of violence, including a teacher bashing him. Calling him un-american to a terrorist. Parents kick him out of the house. The best part was actually the facebook posts from people at the school. I read a lot of shit on the internet, and nothing scares me more than the ignorance shown by groups like this. Nationalism mixed with a health dose of religion. They are a truly terrifying group.

My Ride
    G6

Gotta love them fundamentalists.

I'll be the first to say it, athiests are morally and intellectually superior to hardcore believers. I'm not referring to the average "christian" who breaks commandments on a daily basis, barely attends church, and is as much religious as he is athiest, but to the truly fundamental ones down south. This is just another example of the truly religious making themselves look stupid.

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

My favorite part;

"I hope that the little athiest is offended." "What he is really doing is trying to shove his views down people's throats."

HE's shoving HIS views down peoples throats?

I went to Catholic school. We were taught that Atheists were stubborn, stupid, etc. Almost to the point where Atheist was considered a swear word. It was honestly almost like brainwashing. I even caught myself once or twice shaking my head at someone for claiming to be an Atheist, not because I disagree with it (quite the opposite), just because it was hammered into me from such a young age. By the time High School rolled around, Religion class, when I actually went to it, was just one big argument between me and the teacher.

I don't think children should be allowed to go to Catholic school until they're old enough to somewhat think for themselves, Junior High at least. Because Catholics think Atheists 'Shove their views down others throats'? I grew op listening to that crap, and it's the complete opposite.
    Last edited by btimbit; 05-27-2011 at 11:48 PM.

My Ride
    4 doors, 4 cylinders

I love when other religious people see this stuff and say things like, 'that's a different kind of religion than mine, (catholic, protestant, adventist, etc.)'. It's almost like they think those people don't believe what they are doing is right. In my opinion, if you disagree with one religion, you're a hypocrit to agree with any. All you need to do is realise that every religion believes their way is the right way. Well, you can't all be right, so none of you are.
    Just because it happened to you, doesn't make it interesting.

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

I grew up going to Catholic school K-6 and I always thought God/Religion was bullshit. Maybe I had a healthier dose of common sense than most?
    Originally posted by InRich
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    Originally posted by InRich
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

My Ride
    G6

Originally posted by btimbit
    I don't think children should be allowed to go to Catholic school until they're old enough to somewhat think for themselves, Junior High at least. Because Catholics think Atheists 'Shove their views down others throats'? I grew op listening to that crap, and it's the complete opposite.
    Catholics would never go for that. They need to indoctornate at an early age to keep the religion going. How many people do you think would actually start going to church when they became adults if it wasn't an indoctornation from childhood? I know none.

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

It's funny that they're feeling as oppressed as homosexuals. I'm kinda glad. I find them way more annoying than western religious zealots.
    Last edited by CUG; 05-28-2011 at 04:39 PM.

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

I can't believe that religious idiots of all denominations insist that their god/prophet has more "street cred" than any of the ancient followings. None of them have ever or ever will exist; therefore it will be an eternal tie for last place.

Besides, if a fight broke out between a mystical alcoholic carpenter rape baby, and an ancient version of epic-beard-man who can throw lightening bolts; who would you choose.

My Ride
    '16 Tacoma TRD Sport

Originally posted by Feruk

Catholics would never go for that. They need to indoctornate at an early age to keep the religion going. How many people do you think would actually start going to church when they became adults if it wasn't an indoctornation from childhood? I know none.
    I went through the public system all through my school years, but in grades 4-6 there was a bible class in the music room after school on Wednesdays. Out of my own free will, I decided to go to these classes to see what it was about. I am glad I did, as it allowed me to find out what it was without having to commit or have everyone around me force it on me.

I was able to come to my own conclusions and decide if I believe or not, in the end I didn't believe, but I can now say I do not believe in religion without ignorance because I gave it a fair try.

My Ride
    TL

Originally posted by btimbit

IMO, I don't think the school has much impact on children as the parents. Think about all the people you know who went to catholic school and have parents who don't really follow christianity that strictly. Generally, most of these kids won't be as religious and they'll usually follow the same guidelines as the parents.

Originally posted by Feruk

Actually there are quite a few. Hence you get people like Born Again Christians.

Originally posted by SilverGS

Actually there are quite a few. Hence you get people like Born Again Christians.
    Mental disabilities can strike at any age!
    Originally posted by rage2
    #1: don't ever question me.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Louisiana, once again validating it's redneck heritage. Well done Louisiana!

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

My religion only requires two tenets be followed:

-ALWAYS have a fluffy towel at hand. Towels are the most useful items in the universe, you should always have one.
    -A fanatical worship of the number 42

Now, if only all religious were like that :P
    Geek

My Ride
    Vettel's #1

Religon will kill us all someday.
    Vettel's #1

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast