Quantcast
Off Menu Items - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Off Menu Items

Default Off Menu Items

Calgary Herald had an article about off menu items and I thought it was interesting what some of these fast food monstrosities were.

Had to share with you guys. But I am curious to hear some of your favourite Calgary Off Menu items and where they can found.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/health/...626/story.html

Pretty cool, but most of the things in these articles don't really seem to be "off-menu"

You have to buy it and build it yourself, how is that really classified as off-menu ordering?

umm I'm pretty sure that olive garden item sampler is on the menu, because that's the only thing I ever get when I go there, and coincidentally, the same items in the picture.

OLIVE GARDEN Sampler Italiano: So you wanna try a handful of different appetizer options on your next trip out for franchised, Americanized Italian food? Ciao bella! Just tell your server what you don't want from the sampler on their menu, and what to replace it with, and your sampler will be built made to order. And if you want extra sauce, they won't advertise the fact but they'll give you more if you ask for it.
    The McGangBang didn't make the list...WTF?

My Ride
    958.2 Cayenne Diesel

I had an Apple Pie Mcflurry yesterday, tastes unreal, super decadent though.
    Originally posted by arian_ma
    your stomach is full of sulfuric acid

That's kind of a silly article. the guy is trying to claim all of these restaurants have secret menus that all of the employees are privy too. BS. If I walked into a Subway and asked for the "old cut," i'm sure the 15-year-old kid would look at me and say "wtf you talking about?" Same thing with the "spicy green taco" from Taco Bell. They'd either be like "i don't know what the fuck you're talking about," or else would pull out the nasty green chili bottle from the fridge and it looks like the Vaseline jar in Kill Bill.

Originally posted by Neil4Speed
    how do they get the pie to "Mix up" with that silly spoon blender thing they use? Because they can't even seem to get a regular McFlurry mixed properly (the bottom 1/3 is always just pure soft serve).

My Ride
    240sx

Shibuya's creamy udon is the beezneez!!

Originally posted by Neil4Speed
    We use to eat the Wildberry pies from Wendy's laid in a potato take out container covered in frosty....they were outstanding

Originally posted by Guillermo
    That's kind of a silly article. the guy is trying to claim all of these restaurants have secret menus that all of the employees are privy too. BS. If I walked into a Subway and asked for the "old cut," i'm sure the 15-year-old kid would look at me and say "wtf you talking about?" Same thing with the "spicy green taco" from Taco Bell. They'd either be like "i don't know what the fuck you're talking about," or else would pull out the nasty green chili bottle from the fridge and it looks like the Vaseline jar in Kill Bill.
    lol.. I agree, most of these places you just have to know what to order and do it yourself. Most of the fast food kids can barely put together the regular orders. I would love the Western bagel sandwich to come back to McD's... so big you have to share them.

My Ride
    G37S

If you go to joeys tomato on barlow trail, they will make almost ANYTHING for you.

My Ride
    240sx

Originally posted by ReflexFX
    If you go to joeys tomato on barlow trail, they will make almost ANYTHING for you.
    This. I ordered a grilled cheese sandwhich once cause I was really craving a grilled cheese sandwhich.

they make lobster grill cheese at all Joey Tomatoes....

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

Originally posted by ReflexFX
    Haha it's true they definitly will.. I used to order some pretty gnarly shit back in my fat days.

I want the McChicken big mac thing haha

My Ride
    Nothing Good.

I use to order McChickens the "Old way" which was deep fried goodness...... wonder if they would still do it>?
    A Ferrari is a high maintenance chick, you spend money regardless of what you do with her. You can baby the C63, or slap on all seasons, and you won't be spending anything but yearly maintenance. Of course that's like dating a stripper and refusing to fuck her, which would make you gay.

Originally posted by Rage2

My Ride
    Audi

Vietnamese restaurants, at least the ones Vietnamese go to, sometimes have things not on the menu. TNK in the NE has certain soups and noodle bowls you have to ask for [ the names elude me at the moment ] that are nothing like what's on the menu. You can also get larger sizes too - like the "fire truck" size

My Ride
    kryptonian meteorite

Originally posted by hampstor
    Vietnamese restaurants, at least the ones Vietnamese go to, sometimes have things not on the menu. TNK in the NE has certain soups and noodle bowls you have to ask for [ the names elude me at the moment ] that are nothing like what's on the menu. You can also get larger sizes too - like the "fire truck" size
    'fire truck' haha I never read it as that before. I always read it as train.
    "Xe Lua" i always took it for the "XL" hence large haha but i'm not sure how it really goes. lots of viet restaurants have it. has to do with certain places and the types noodles/fixings. mmmmm hungry now haha

My Ride
    Audi

Originally posted by stevieo

'fire truck' haha I never read it as that before. I always read it as train.
    "Xe Lua" i always took it for the "XL" hence large haha but i'm not sure how it really goes. lots of viet restaurants have it. has to do with certain places and the types noodles/fixings. mmmmm hungry now haha
    You're right, I'm not sure why I said firetruck. It's clearly 'train'

Some places have bowls larger than the XL.

My Ride
    M3P

Originally posted by bourge73
    I use to order McChickens the "Old way" which was deep fried goodness...... wonder if they would still do it>?
    What do you mean?

They've always been deep friend

Originally posted by hurrdurr

What do you mean?

They've always been deep friend
    They use to be not all white meat and the coating was definitely different. I made the mistake of ordering them about 3 months ago when I found they brought back the hot mustard....now they taste like cardboard.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast