Quantcast
first week of school - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: first week of school

My Ride
    2Look slk

Default first week of school

Just wondering how everyone's first week of school was?

For me, it was all just stress, stress and more stress.

Today I walked into class and sat in the back. I couldn't help but overhear two girls complain that some second year students were in their group in another class and that they don't like second year students because they have no idea what they were doing. I thought to myself, they are such snobs! Then the prof starts lecturing and mentions about the room where the tutorials are to take place. I didn't even know there were tutorials in that class. I was forced to ask those two snobby chics which made me look so dumb. Then on top of all of that, the prof starts lecturing and the first thing he writes down are a bunch of mathematical calculations and asks us to write the journal entries. Naturally I have not preread the chapters before going to class and I am more confused. Then I think to myself....journal entries....this is a 4th year Accounting Course I"m in!!!! I'm in the WRONG CLASS and I was sitting there for 20 minutes already! Oh I was sooooo embarassed. I jetted out of that class and everyone was looking at me. It turns out that the classroom was the one next to it!! I'm so stupid sometimes!

On top of all of that, I missed the Viva Italia Private Shopping Night at Holt Renfrew. I could've been sipping champagne and eating cheese while shopping for a new LV school bag...but I'm at home instead doing homework!! And worse of all, if you spend $500 you get a free small gift and if you spend $1000 you get a free leather or made in Italy gift!! There goes my chance to upgrade to Level 3 Club Select! (I heard that to get to Level 12, you have to spend over $20,000 a year...ahhh!!!) Did anyone go to it? Was it good? I would be so envious for those we went!
    Last edited by girlRACER; 09-12-2002 at 09:59 PM.

My Ride
    06 RX8 SE

" And worse of all, if you spend $500 you get a free small gift and if you spend $1000 you get a free leather or made in Italy gift!! There goes my chance to upgrade to Level 3 Club Select! (I heard that to get to Level 12, you have to spend over $20,000 a year...ahhh!!!) Did anyone go to it? Was it good? I would be so envious for those we went!"

OMG high roller!

Dirty_SOHC is offline 0.2 liters away from a good engine
    My Ride
    WRX

Default Re: first week of school

Originally posted by girlRACER
    (I heard that to get to Level 12, you have to spend over $20,000 a year...ahhh!!!)
    Lol

My Ride
    BMW X1 35i MSport

Well the computer teacher is especially mean to me cause i type faster than him and he's jealous, so i hate him. My social and LA teacher doesn't like extra work, so i had to erase all my extra work. My homeroom teacher was really nice and cool, but he got another job, so he left, and we're left with a mean teacher. Which I also hate. Other than that, my week's been pretty good so far. I like junior high much more than elementary. Funner stuff

My Ride
    changes daily :D

hahaha it feels so good to not have to go to school for once. i graduated in june and i am taking a year off.. ..SUCKERS!!!! jk

My Ride
    2Look slk

Never mind...correction. There is no Level 12. I think it goes:
    Level 1 - $1500
    Level 2 - Club Select $3000
    Level 3 - $6000
    Level 4 - $12,000
    Level 5 - $25,000
    Level 6 - $50,000
    Level 7 - $100,000!!

I was wrong! You have to spend $100,000 per year to get to Level 7!!!
    Compared to that I'm NO high roller!
    Last edited by girlRACER; 09-12-2002 at 10:11 PM.

My Ride
    2Look slk

Originally posted by [GaGe]
    My social and LA teacher doesn't like extra work, so i had to erase all my extra work.
    What?!!! He must be racist and thinks you're one of those extra-keen asian students that gets over a 100% on everything!...but I can't believe he made you erase it all!

My Ride

Level 3 - $6000
    you spend six grand a year on what exactly??

My Ride
    06 RX8 SE

haha my first week is good! alrady had 5 classes of bio I *think * and im proud to say i fell asleep in EVERY SINGLE One of them.. and yeh in Math too

then i got this Eng teacher that keeps on saying how hard the course is and stuff. trying to discourage us i think.. first she said usually 1/3 of the ppl fail.. then she said we will probably all fail the first essay .. because something like we used to get 80s and 90s in Highschool and university is much harder ( shit i never got above 70 on my esssays in high school).. then she keep saying how the class average is usually between 5-6 for her course ( working on a 9 pt system.. 5 is pass..) and she keep on saying how ppl usually start doing worst cuz of all the work.. then Xmas comes and we all full of energy again.. then we start doing worst than ever again and shit!!!!

man we handed in our first diagnostic essay today ( no marks), and she said she will read over and give us feedback. but then when we ask her if we can get a fake mark on it so we know where we stand in terms of her expectation.... and she said no.. said she doesnt have Time for that... then we keep bugging her and all she said was " i will talk to the other eng prof.. if they dont do it i wont do it, cuz it wont be fair".. like WTF

My Ride
    06 RX8 SE

"I could've been sipping champagne and eating cheese while shopping for a new LV school bag..."
    how is that not high roller :P

My Ride
    ACR/EG/FJZ80/DC4/DC2/22RE

I'm in the WRONG CLASS and I was sitting there for 20 minutes already!
    It could be worse. In one of my friends class (4th year ENG) a girl comes in late and ask hesitantly if this was COMS363. The prof nods and tells her to sit in the front. Then goes off and starts talking about electrical current Needless to say she left pretty fast with the whole class laughing. It could've worst for ya if you didn't realize
    Last edited by speedracer; 09-12-2002 at 10:26 PM.

I had fun at recess today... and my friend johnny brought in some teletubbies for show 'n tell.

My Ride

hey my friend bobby brought some teenage mutant ninja turtles!

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

And worse of all, if you spend $500 you get a free small gift and if you spend $1000 you get a free leather or made in Italy gift!! There goes my chance to upgrade to Level 3 Club Select! (I heard that to get to Level 12, you have to spend over $20,000 a year...ahhh!!!) Did anyone go to it? Was it good? I would be so envious for those we went!
    daayy-aaammnnn. that's a whole lotta money
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    ACR/EG/FJZ80/DC4/DC2/22RE

Originally posted by Stratus_Power
    first she said usually 1/3 of the ppl fail..
    Could be worse. I've been in classes where no one pass's :P

"I could've been sipping champagne and eating cheese while shopping for a new LV school bag..."
    how is that not high roller :P

My Ride
    2Look slk

Originally posted by Stratus_Power
    haha my first week is good! alrady had 5 classes of bio I *think * and im proud to say i fell asleep in EVERY SINGLE One of them.. and yeh in Math too

then i got this Eng teacher that keeps on saying how hard the course is and stuff. trying to discourage us i think.. first she said usually 1/3 of the ppl fail.. then she said we will probably all fail the first essay .. because something like we used to get 80s and 90s in Highschool and university is much harder ( shit i never got above 70 on my esssays in high school).. then she keep saying how the class average is usually between 5-6 for her course ( working on a 9 pt system.. 5 is pass..) and she keep on saying how ppl usually start doing worst cuz of all the work.. then Xmas comes and we all full of energy again.. then we start doing worst than ever again and shit!!!!

man we handed in our first diagnostic essay today ( no marks), and she said she will read over and give us feedback. but then when we ask her if we can get a fake mark on it so we know where we stand in terms of her expectation.... and she said no.. said she doesnt have Time for that... then we keep bugging her and all she said was " i will talk to the other eng prof.. if they dont do it i wont do it, cuz it wont be fair".. like WTF
    Stratus...are you a first year? What english class is that? ENGL 291? Is it a must to take that course? Is it your major?

The reason I am asking is because this course sounds like a "weeder-course" meaning it is designed to fail students and not meant to help students learn. It is best to avoid taking this course unless it is absolutely required. For example, I took Accounting 321 which is a "weeder-course". 40% of the students dropped out before the end of the year. I was doing okay in the course, but the final was so absolutely tough it ended up failing me. I retook the course at Mount Royal and everyone but 2 students in my Mount Royal class were from U of C and retaking it for the second time!!

It doesn't matter what kind of marks you get in High School because from my experience, as long as you try hard you will get high marks in High School!! In University, it is all about intellect and intelligence. You don't have to work hard if you are just naturally smart cause sometimes you can study your ass off, and they'll find a way to screw you over on the midterm or final. They don't test you on how well you can memorize the course but how well you can apply it....but they don't teach you that in class!

My Ride
    2Look slk

Originally posted by infamous

you spend six grand a year on what exactly??
    Purses!! I love purses! You can never have enough of them!

My Ride

It doesn't matter what kind of marks you get in High School because from my experience, as long as you try hard you will get high marks in High School!! In University, it is all about intellect and intelligence. You don't have to work hard if you are just naturally smart cause sometimes you can study your ass off, and they'll find a way to screw you over on the midterm or final. They don't test you on how well you can memorize the course but how well you can apply it....but they don't teach you that in class!
    very nicely put! i think that this will help a lot of people who are just going into university or college or whatever.

2nd week of school at mrc for me. classes are pretty easy. only thing i don't like is i have a class 9:00AM :madred:

My Ride

Purses!! I love purses! You can never have enough of them!

your not a high roller?? but you spend six grand a year on purses?? and you drive an slk?? if you ask me you are a high roller....

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast