Quantcast
ups shipping - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ups shipping

Default ups shipping

I am just wondering i am wanting to order something and they only ship thru ups, I am just wondering they only use express and expedited, will i have to pay any broker or duty when the guy comes to my door to deliver the package.

Thank you:

mark

My Ride
    is Invisible

This was discussed about a week ago. But i think it was stated that there was a $10 dollar fee on top of what u already paid.

ok so if the total amount of shipping is $90.00 when it comes to my house i will have to give them $10.00, am i correct.

ups is a stright up rip off

My Ride
    is Invisible

yes rollin that is correct.

Jetta: UPS is a rip off. Package was declared for $50, the UPS site says the charge will be $20 for brokerage. The UPS guy comes at 8:20pm and slaps me with a $33 brokerage. lol

My Ride
    Talon tsi awd

How much are they going to charge me for 1 tee shirt...? I should have read this before.

yeah the items i want to order are just under $100.00 and the shipping is almost $80.00 with UPS express

There is brokerage fee+GST+collection fee+credit fee, I had a post awhile back where I broke down the fee.

i shipped some thing to the US for my RC car warrentee and i got charged 27 bucks, last time i used canada post got charged 9 bucks

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

I just got charged $131 for a fucking pair of shoes. WTF!! Has this ever happened to anyone? I mean, $30-40 is rip-off, but $131 is unreal.

I didn't take a look at the invoice yet, but my sister signed for it and paid it. I bought the pair from a private seller, paid through paypal, which included money for shipping, I got the box delivered to my house from the US, and its a standard box thats maybe 3 lbs and is no bigger than a size10-11 shoe box.

Would the seller have anything to do with this, laying additional charges that go in his pocket? Possible? or is it just typical UPS BS?
    Last edited by JordanEG6; 10-13-2011 at 02:55 PM.
    SneakerFiles.com | Blog | Team AM Fam

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
    1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
    2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
    2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current
    2021 Honda Civic Type R LE - 2021-Current

My Ride
    Genesis 2.0T

UPS can charge you whatever they feel is necessary to cover their costs to Canada Customs. I can probably get you an exact amount but there is no way Brokerage is $131 dollars on an item that's got a value listed below $500 US.

Basically Canada customs would charge UPS somewhere along the lines of 10-15 dollars + GST/Taxes and then UPS turns around adds their "fee" for processing and gives you the outrageous bill that you have to pay.

I always tell people when getting ANYTHING shipped with UPS have the shipper mark it as a "gift" you shouldn't pay anything if its marked and shipped correctly.

*** Just confirmed (I work for a brokerage company) based on the HS classification for shoes which depends on what they are made of course you're looking at 11 to 20% duty based on the value of the shoe. You then take the Value + the duty add it together and then add the GST which is included in their brokerage fee. So basically unless you paid like 500 bucks for these shoes, they used UPS power and over charged because they can and always do.
    Last edited by Royle9; 10-13-2011 at 03:54 PM.

If you use UPS, use either Worldwide Saver or Worldwide Express. You will be bent over if you use the ground options, so stick to the air options. It seems like more money at first but usually it ends up cheaper. I've used UPS probably 100 times and have not had a single complaint or unexpected charge using their premium air services.

My Ride
    Genesis 2.0T

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    If you use UPS, use either Worldwide Saver or Worldwide Express. You will be bent over if you use the ground options, so stick to the air options. It seems like more money at first but usually it ends up cheaper. I've used UPS probably 100 times and have not had a single complaint or unexpected charge using their premium air services.
    This.

This is because they include duty/taxes in the price to ensure it delivers on time. It looks like its going to cost a lot more but its cheaper 99.9% of the time in the end.

My Ride
    changes every year

Originally posted by JordanEG6
    I just got charged $131 for a fucking pair of shoes. WTF!! Has this ever happened to anyone? I mean, $30-40 is rip-off, but $131 is unreal.

I didn't take a look at the invoice yet, but my sister signed for it and paid it. I bought the pair from a private seller, paid through paypal, which included money for shipping, I got the box delivered to my house from the US, and its a standard box thats maybe 3 lbs and is no bigger than a size10-11 shoe box.

Would the seller have anything to do with this, laying additional charges that go in his pocket? Possible? or is it just typical UPS BS?
    $131 for UPS charges? WTF! WOW. i just got tein springs sent to me from japan and i got $50 charges on UPS fees, i thought that was crazy. call ups and see what they say.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I refuse to buy form ebay sellers that will only use UPS. Usually, I negotiate that beforehand with them to use fedex or USPS. About 50% of them have no problems with this, and the rest of them don't get my business.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm way less "me" than people give me discredit for.

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    This.

Worldwide Saver or Worldwide Express are inclusive.
    I'd vote for him. America may have a black guy, but we'd have captain fucking Kirk.

Originally posted by Str1der

This.

Worldwide Saver or Worldwide Express are inclusive.
    That is mostly true, but unless the shipper already includes these, on top of the shipping charge you will also be charged a COD amount of the following:

-GST
    - 2.7% or $10, whichever is greater for a Bond fee, unless paid in advance (call them to do this to avoid this fee).

There may be some ways around that if the merchandise isn't brand new from a retailer.

Also, you can leave a cheque taped to your door with the COD amount made out to UPS and UPS will leave the package there for you. You can call them the morning of the scheduled delivery to get the exact amount.

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

Originally posted by Royle9
    UPS can charge you whatever they feel is necessary to cover their costs to Canada Customs. I can probably get you an exact amount but there is no way Brokerage is $131 dollars on an item that's got a value listed below $500 US.

Basically Canada customs would charge UPS somewhere along the lines of 10-15 dollars + GST/Taxes and then UPS turns around adds their "fee" for processing and gives you the outrageous bill that you have to pay.

I always tell people when getting ANYTHING shipped with UPS have the shipper mark it as a "gift" you shouldn't pay anything if its marked and shipped correctly.

*** Just confirmed (I work for a brokerage company) based on the HS classification for shoes which depends on what they are made of course you're looking at 11 to 20% duty based on the value of the shoe. You then take the Value + the duty add it together and then add the GST which is included in their brokerage fee. So basically unless you paid like 500 bucks for these shoes, they used UPS power and over charged because they can and always do.
    Thanks for the info. I didn't pay anywhere near $500, but it seems it was something like $56 + GST for duty, $56+GST for brokerage. That is ridiculous.
    SneakerFiles.com | Blog | Team AM Fam

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
    1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
    2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
    2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current
    2021 Honda Civic Type R LE - 2021-Current

My Ride
    none

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    I refuse to buy form ebay sellers that will only use UPS. Usually, I negotiate that beforehand with them to use fedex or USPS. About 50% of them have no problems with this, and the rest of them don't get my business.
    +1

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Originally posted by Royle9

This is actually nothing but BS, not to mention no seller will do it.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast