Quantcast
Moon landing was a conspiracy theory? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: What you think

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes it was an inside job setup by the US govt.

22 33.33%
  • No The US govt had nothing to do with it.

13 19.70%
  • No idea.

4 6.06%
  • There was no conspiracy at all, it was caused by some small-dicked aliens with too much passion and not enough logic.

27 40.91%

Thread: Moon landing was a conspiracy theory?

Default Moon landing was a conspiracy theory?

Many still believe (especially the americans themselves) that the moon landing was an inside job setup by the US govt. What do you tthink?

We will never know the real truth
    http://www.ufos-aliens.co.uk/cosmicapollo.html

My Ride
    Z

zenops?
    Z32 TT
    1996 Integra - winter beater with studs - RIP (deer)
    2002 WRX - to be sold
    2010 sti - winter

My Ride
    GTI

Saw this on the other thread too, the proper wording would be, "Moon landing was a conspiracy" not a conspiracy theory. Yes, this bothers me just as much as the idea that someone thinks we faked the moon landing etc.

I'm sure this is a poke at the other douche though.

My Ride
    1992 KA-T Silvia

Too many conspiracy theory polls.
    Quit the crack and remove the tinfoil from your windows
    We went to the moon and were hittin up mars or Venus next

Originally posted by Hakkola
    I'm sure this is a poke at the other douche though.
    I just figured we could find all the crazy people in two posts... Frankly if you believe 9/11 is a conspiracy I can't help thinking you would be insane enough to think the US never made it to the moon.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

dude, there was a thread on this like 5 months or so ago

besides, mythbusters already proved it was legit.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My stance has always been that it was mostly hoaxed.

They had the capacity at the time to put a man into LEO orbit (much like the 250 mile range of the recently decomissioned space shuttle)

You could fool 99.9 percent of the people at nasa, because you could simply relay one dummy satellite communications beacon pointed at the moon, and have an actively rebroadcast signal from someone in LEO (or even a california studio)

Mind you, at that time the 2,400 baud modem had not been invented yet and they were still using analog signalling for their black and white broadcasts (no color) People tend to forget exactly how long ago this was, the first TV station in Canada broadcast in 1952 afterall. 300 baud "modems" were little more than glorified morse code switches (you know, the old style railway communications where someone would tap out a signal by hand)

There was absolutely no contrarian viewpoint on TV at that time, on the one or three channels that existed - if you lived in a city and could afford a TV. Did people believe aliens landed because of the "war of the worlds" radio broadcast. Absolutely.

Its an entirely different ballgame to launch a man, escape the earths magnetic field and have effective shielding without adding extreme weight. Two million pounds of fuel is what the space shuttle used to get a small crew up nowadays (and have them freefall back to earth with zero fuel reserves, the space shuttle uses no fuel to return to earth because it has none). Now assume that craft makes it to the surface of the moon at 1/6th gravity and 1/36th breakway fuel needed to takeoff from the surface again... All without smacking into the side of the moon with moonshattering force to start with.

An Apollo 13 would probably have been on the outside chance of possible (rounding the moon and then immediately coming back) But as for actual landing? I have extreme doubt. And if they did round the moon, then exactly who the hell is going to call them on the idea that they didn't land? "Noone ever gets to see the dark side of the moon"

Now as for the astronauts themselves... Well, either they are patriots - or they may simply have been subjected to powerful hallucinogens and mind altering drugs (or perhaps a little bit of both) Its sort of like Donald Trump, you can delude yourself into thinking you can be an effective president even though you've declared bankruptcy four times.

The bigger question is: Can we land on the moon (or go even further) nowadays. Absolutely not. Too expensive. Even space pizza delivery 250 miles to the space station is too expensive.

And: If China attempts a man on the moon mission before 2050 - I would call them fools. And yes, I do cut and paste this stuff slightly edited from my personal posts on this subject (on this forum and others)
    Last edited by ZenOps; 10-31-2011 at 10:59 PM.
    Cocoa $8,000 per tonne.

My Ride
    1992 KA-T Silvia

So what about the ISS?
    we can inhabit that but a little further out to the moon just cant happen?

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-13-2020 at 06:39 PM.

Originally posted by lellowrx7
    So what about the ISS?
    we can inhabit that but a little further out to the moon just cant happen?
    There is a reason the ISS is only 250 miles up (I think its closer to 380 kilometers nowadays)

Even though its weightless at that height, and would take next to no fuel to move it to geostationary orbit at 35,800 kilometers or so: The radiation for extended periods of time at GEO would limit space station habitiation to hours or days instead of weeks and months.

Even as low as 250 miles and as extremely thick and heavy the ISS is built (many small pieces at a time), an astronaut recieves damaging (but tolerable) radiation sickness in a matter of weeks.

To add enough shielding to move from LEO to GEO would make the ISS even more expensive and impractical. Some say the ISS is fiscally impractical even now at LEO. And if there was a freak solar flare - six feet of lead might not be enough.

My conspiracy theory: Apollo 13 was the closest that the US ever got to the moon. They had to come back immediately not because of equipment failure - but because of radiation sickness.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 10-31-2011 at 11:21 PM.
    Cocoa $8,000 per tonne.

What about the mirrors that were placed on the moon and any person with a strong enough laser can shoot and reflect light back to earth?

My Ride
    GTI

Originally posted by lasimmon
    What about the mirrors that were placed on the moon and any person with a strong enough laser can shoot and reflect light back to earth?
    Powerful hallucinogens in our drinking water.

http://www.newscientist.com/article/...elativity.html

They got dusty though, and not anyone with a strong enough laser can hit the mirrors, not exactly a large target.
    Last edited by Hakkola; 10-31-2011 at 11:25 PM.

My Ride
    You Crazy

The moon thing is really interesting. I have no doubt they were there, but that they actually filmed a "hoax" landing just in case the actual mission failed is fascinating to me.

And that brings up questions of what footage is real, is it all real, or is some of it from the pre recorded "just in case" footage, or are we just seeing the pre recorded stuff....

things that make you go hmmmmm

My Ride
    S54 M Coupe

Originally posted by ZenOps

My conspiracy theory: Apollo 13 was the closest that the US ever got to the moon. They had to come back immediately not because of equipment failure - but because of radiation sickness.
    You know Apollo 13 wasn't the first Apollo mission to orbit the moon, right? Apollo 8 was there years before.

My Ride
    CRF 250L

9/11 looks like a controlled demolition. Tonnes of irrefutable evidence that supports this theory. Total lack of evidence to support the official theory.

The moon landing was looks like a moon landing. Tonnes of irrefutable evidence to support this theory. Total lack of any evidence to suggest otherwise.
    TRUTH: it's the new hate speech.
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act. - Orwell

My Ride
    1992 KA-T Silvia

Originally posted by broken_legs
    9/11 looks like a controlled demolition. Tonnes of irrefutable evidence that supports this theory. Total lack of evidence to support the official theory.

The moon landing was looks like a moon landing. Tonnes of irrefutable evidence to support this theory. Total lack of any evidence to suggest otherwise.
    Way to generalize and attempt to ruin the fun of a good hearted debated.
    Ass hat.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-06-2019 at 04:15 PM.