Quantcast
Armed 8th Grader Killed in Texas - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Armed 8th Grader Killed in Texas

Originally posted by lellowrx7
    It blows me away that it's now a shoot before fired upon kind of world.
    So a cop has to get shot before they are allowed to return fire?

No thanks. I like the current arrangement.

Let the dumb kid die and the cop return to their family.

Sad to see this news about another kid in school got shot to death... but that's the way since the Columbia (sp?) shooting mess. To that today's news - I have to agree with the police's decision.

The cops DID warned the kid more than few times in repeats - the kid didn't listen to them. He had the chance to drop the fake gun and got the shit. Thus the cops had no choice but fire fatal shots direct to him. They are trained to protect the public's safety and themselves. So, consider the kid as low protectively.

Sorry about the mother bawling and accusing the cops - I don't give a damn. See, the kid did brought the gun with him INTO the school. That means he intend to use that regardless whatever. He had considered his thoughts before going to school. This is HIS decision even if it's stupid.

What I find about one fact - what? He's in 8th grade and he's 15? Maybe something was bugging him for whatever the fucking reason leading to his death. Or he had funked a grade?

My Ride
    W204

The fact that police officers often never have to pay for their choices
    LOL srsly? Do you really think that police officer went back to his comrades, gave them all high 5's, and then talked about how great it was to shoot that kid? Sure these kinds of people exist, but in all likelihood, that officer has probably had to make the most difficult decision in his life, and will now have to live with the consequences as well. Do you really think he wakes every morning thinking about how many kids he's going to shoot today?

I am sorry but you're comparing apples to oranges here. This is not a case of police brutality. Police brutality is overreaction by police. Being shot because a gun was pointed at police is not overreacting. It's what they're trained to do. If anything, a TEENAGER is way more unpredictable than an adult. In a split second, I don't think any officer is going to think twice about shooting that kid if a gun was pointed in their direction. But the worst part is, that officer is probably scarred for life.

Think about it. The kid is NOT a victim here. He's the perpetrator.
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

If you shoot up into a roof it's going to stop in the concrete, assuming this is a modern day building and not made of wood?
    Maybe this is just me but before shooting a misguided child I'd think of the options other than blasting 3 rounds at him.
    How do we even know this kid knew how to turn the safety off?
    Another option, he's in the hallway. Shoot a locker beside him to show your not fucking around. 100$ says he would have thrown the gun away and probably cried.
    The 15$ angry birds backpack and 20$ with of crayola supplies are much more replaceable than the life of a 15 year old.
    Sorry man, but shoot a warning shot down a hallway where there are children in other rooms? That's just fucking stupid. Can you say "ricochet"? There's NO way to know where that bullet will end up. The concrete, a glass window, little Janey's head in the classroom down the hall....

Wait until fired upon before you eliminate the threat? That's also fucking stupid, and a great way to end up getting killed yourself. Someone points a gun at you and you are literally milliseconds away from being dead. This isn't some video game where it's ok, you have hit points to spare, or you can respawn, or you can dodge out of the way. Gun pointed at you means you are a very small twitch away from being dead.

I can't imagine the pain that the cop is going through. Imagine how you'd feel in that moment, knowing that in the next second your child could be an orphan, or you have to shoot a child just like yours? I highly doubt that cop is getting any sleep at night. He's probably reliving the moment in which he was forced to choose to kill a child.
    Last edited by codetrap; 01-05-2012 at 09:34 AM.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

My Ride
    Bicycle

Ok mr. Stubborn,

http://www.policebrutality.info/2011...ocent-man.html

Here's you, getting on the ground and complying with the requests.

I'm not saying under the right circumstances the gun shouldn't be used, what I am trying to get across is that it's used well before other options are though of because it's no longer protect and serve the people it's protect yourself in the position your in.
    1. Cops doesn't have the luxury of hindsight like we all do here.

2. A take down/negotiation that goes well never get much traction on the news.

3. If the kids is in the principle office and staff unable to disarm, there is a potential hostage/collateral casualty, not just between kid and cop. 1 dead kid is better and is the 2nd best outcome at that point.

Warning shot is stupid. It's pointless assuming that kid already got a verbal warning before shot was fired. And it may enrage/scare the suspect into doing something even more stupid and take away the reaction time from the cop.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 01-05-2012 at 03:44 PM.

My Ride
    07 stg 3 STI

Originally posted by Seth1968
    Probably going to turn out that the kid was severely bullied and just fuckin lost it.
    Actually your probably right. When i was in high school their was a kid who constantly got bullied in my metal tech class for the way he looked and etc, that one day when the teacher left for a minute he snapped and took acetylene torch to the oxygen tanks in the room. luckily students were able to get a hold of the school cop and vice principal before he could do any real damage.

My Ride
    You Crazy

Pellet Gun.

Killed over a fucking toy.

Sad.

That's what you get when you live in a fear and violence based culture.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Guns stay at home, toys or not. It's too bad he's dead, what a waste of life.

When I was in the 8th grade, if the school hit lock down and cops came barreling in... I wouldn't sit there holding the fucking gun. What the hell was going through the kids head?

My Ride
    Silverado

assissted suicide..

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by Toma
    Pellet Gun.

Killed over a fucking toy.

Sad.

That's what you get when you live in a fear and violence based culture.
    http://www.smh.com.au/world/parents-...106-1pndb.html

That's looks like a toy to you? Especially 10-20ft away with barrel aimed at you?

2 officers, 3 shots, at least 2 landed, may be all 3. This ain't 20 odd shots to the body execution. Absolutely minimum force given the situation. You think every cop is John Wayne and can shot the gun off the kid's hand? You point a gun @ a cop, 9/10 times you are dead.

My Ride
    You Crazy

Originally posted by Xtrema

http://www.smh.com.au/world/parents-...106-1pndb.html

That's looks like a toy to you? Especially 10-20ft away with barrel aimed at you?

2 officers, 3 shots, at least 2 landed, may be all 3. This ain't 20 odd shots to the body execution. Absolutely minimum force given the situation. You think every cop is John Wayne and can shot the gun off the kid's hand? You point a gun @ a cop, 9/10 times you are dead.
    I'm not here to justify anything. If I was a cop on the scene, I would not have killed the kid period. No ands ifs or buts. Fake gun, real gun, grenade....whatever.

I have never bought, nor will I ever buy the "call of duty" mentality.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

I'm not here to justify anything. If I was a cop on the scene, I would not have killed the kid period. No ands ifs or buts. Fake gun, real gun, grenade....whatever.

I have never bought, nor will I ever buy the "call of duty" mentality.
    Oh?

And so the kid fires at you. You're not going to shoot back? You have absolutely zero way of identifying the weapon in his hand. It comes down to you and him, and you choose him?

No thanks. Someone points a gun at me and I'll use any and all measures to ensure I'm safe. Life is about choices, man, and I choose to survive.

My Ride
    You Crazy

Originally posted by A790

Oh?

And so the kid fires at you. You're not going to shoot back? You have absolutely zero way of identifying the weapon in his hand. It comes down to you and him, and you choose him?

No thanks. Someone points a gun at me and I'll use any and all measures to ensure I'm safe. Life is about choices, man, and I choose to survive.
    Well, they did shoot him in the back, so yeah, they probably never got a good look of the weapon.

I didn't realize he shot at the cops. The noise should have given away that it was a toy.

But being a cop is to a certain degree a form of altruism (well, it should be), so taking a life should be absolutely last choice.
    Last edited by Toma; 01-05-2012 at 04:16 PM.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Well, they did shoot him in the back, so yeah, they probably never got a good look of the weapon.

I didn't realize he shot at the cops. The noise should have given away that it was a toy.

But being a cop is to a certain degree a form of altruism (well, it should be), so taking a life should be absolutely last choice.
    The gun was ID'd before they enter the premise, at least from the police radio.

What happened in the next 2 mins is anyone's guess. The fact is, nobody will believe what the cop says and dead man can't talk.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Police are not, and should not be, trained to shoot an armed suspect in an extremity. It offers an incredibly hard target to hit and the suspect is still able to fire his weapon. 2 shots, center of mass offers the best target area and allows the best chance of a hit that ends the situation.

They would not have simply seen him in the hall and fired, he was given ample opportunity to drop it and didn't/.

Suicide by cop, end of story.

The problem now is that these two cops will be a lot more hesitant to employ lethal force if they ever need to, potentially putting themselves or a bystander is danger.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    You Crazy

Originally posted by FraserB

The problem now is that these two cops will be a lot more hesitant to employ lethal force if they ever need to, potentially putting themselves or a bystander is danger.
    Well they should be in jail, being hesitant to shoot another kid is the least of their worries.

Reading Toma's posts =

seriously, can you explain what you would've done instead? I'm all ears..

My Ride
    You Crazy

Originally posted by WithTheLightsOn
    Reading Toma's posts =

seriously, can you explain what you would've done instead? I'm all ears..
    Talk it out, until he either dropped the gun, or fired a shot.

Never in a million years would I have shot first.

I don't have any problem whatsoever with the fact they shot this kid.

Kind of questionable to put a slug in his head.

But still. Kid needed to be shot and it is the kids fault for whatever outcome at that point IMO. Still, I think putting a few bullets in his gut or leg might have been a better choice and might not have been lethal.

Talk it out, until he either dropped the gun, or fired a shot.

Never in a million years would I have shot first.
    So you would've been willing to risk the lives of students, teachers, workers, and police officers just not to shoot at this kid? Please say yes, and I'll know for sure you're full of it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast