Quantcast
Hit and run in parking lot of Superstore, 130th Ave SE - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Hit and run in parking lot of Superstore, 130th Ave SE

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

UPDATE:

I was driving home from a bad day at work today, quite grumpy...

(and this is HEAVILY paraphrased)

*RING!* (tap bluetooth headset) "Y'eeeello?"

"Hi, this is Constable Policy McOfficer with the Calgary Police Service. Is this Mr Vagabond 142? (real name withheld XD)"

"Ummm... yes?"

"This is a courtesy call to let you know that we have a suspect in custody for an unrelated matter that matches the description in your case, as well as his car matching the description you gave."

"REALLY??!?!?!!?" (I pull off into Deerfoot Meadows here and park so I can focus on the call)

"Yes. He was alledgedly involved in a hit and run accident while street racing, allegedly hitting a parked Porsche Cayenne Turbo and fleeing the scene in front of witnesses. At this time, he is a person of interest in relation to your case, and a named suspect. We will keep you informed of any developments. Do you have any questions?"

Long story long, it sounds like they have the bastard in custody, his car is nearly a write off, and they are pursuing an investigation using the video evidence, my statement, and the notes from the officers attending the scene.

Here's hoping they nail it to him so I can stand up in court, point, and do a Nelson "HAW HAW!" at him.

I jsut want to reiterate, it was awesome seeing the support back in January from the forums... not to be too un-geeky, I mean I do have a reputation to uphold, but seriously, from the depths of my soul: thank you
    Last edited by Vagabond142; 06-15-2012 at 08:23 PM.
    Geek

My Ride
    Depends on the day

That is great news!! Hopefully he looses his license

My Ride
    2006 Civic Si

Originally posted by kvg
    That is great news!! Hopefully he looses his license
    LOL!

Only in Canada that a suspect of a hit and run of a pedestrian and a hit and run of another vehicle do we expect him to at most lose his licence
    Originally posted by King Banana

So confused, how do you get the other menu, is there like a secret chinese handshake, or do you need to bring in a jar of blood from a chinese daughter?
    I need like a how-to - order chinese food for white people.

Originally posted by GQNammer

LOL!

Only in Canada that a suspect of a hit and run of a pedestrian and a hit and run of another vehicle do we expect him to at most lose his licence
    I hope he at least gets house arrest, except during work hours, and unsupervised excursions 5 days per week...

Wow, this reminds me that we need justice outside of our "justice system" more than ever. Like the Texas beatdown thread.

I would like to see this hit and runner get a bit of time in jail and a nightly reach around by his bunkmate Bruce. I'd think the Porsche Cayenne Turbo owner would appreciate the extra attention Bruce offers to those asshats that hit and run.

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Final update for the thread:

I was debating posting this for a bit, because it does concern what is now a legal proceeding. However, you guys have been supportive, so I decided you deserve to know how it's all proceeding:

I got a call ~3 pm Friday (june 22) from the same Constable that called me before. He called to let me know that Driver McHitnrun has been formally charged with both Traffic Safety Act offenses (drive carelessly; leaving the scene of an accident) and two criminal charges (criminal dangerous driving; criminal hit and run involving a pedestrian), in relation to my case. Also, his license has been indefinitely suspended pending the results of his legal proceedings, as he is considered at risk to reoffend (I would assume in relation to the street racing charge).

How I feel about this:

I'm just happy he was caught, charged, and is now at the mercy of the courts. I am fully ready to appear on the stand to testify against him. I just hope he smartens up and pleads guilty.

I never imagined that it would end up this way. I'm super happy that he's off the road, and I'm relieved that the police feel that there are solid enough grounds and evidence to support not one, not two, not three, but FOUR charges in relation to my case

And now I'm going to bed.
    Geek

My Ride
    Lease

props for following thru

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Just saw this thread. What a great ending!!!

Can't believe (or can I?) this guy was hit-and-running multiple places. That's just retarded.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Awesome!

What a tool. Glad he got caught, although it's kind of disconcerting that the only reason he ended up being charged was because he was stupid enough to have a second hit and run so soon.

My Ride
    Das Fahrenheit

Awesome updates
    Originally posted by 89coupe
    I do get great service there, especially when I mention my name, haha.

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

I said last update was final update. I lied o_o

I jsut got off the phone about 10 minutes ago with a very eloquent, well spoken lawyer, who also happened to be a crown prosecutor.

Mr Hit n Run plea bargained, and I think his defense lawyer said "take this and run with it, or be ready to get hammered." He admitted guilty to criminal hit and run, criminal dangerous driving, and leaving the scene of an accident, + 3 other charges from the Porsche incident.

AFAIK, in relation to my case, he has voluntarily rescinded his license and needs to have court approval to regain one, if they ever let him. His vehicle was forfeited. From what I was told, he admitted guilt to have the TSA infractions suspended, and a big criminal charge from the Porsche case suspended as well. Note: suspended, not commuted.

The sentence, as entered into the register, is 5 years less time served in pretrial holding (so about a month), with parole option in 3 years pending good behavior and satisfactory completion of correctional education.

So, in sum:

-Asshole is in jail for 3 years minimum
    Geek

My Ride
    oooo

YAY!

I had some woman smoke my work truck and peel out at Chinook centre about 3 months ago. Witnesses saw it and recorded the info. After about 2 weeks the Officer called me to tell me they made an arrest.

Woman in her mid 40's driving a car registered to her mother because she had 4 different impaired driving charges and had no license.

She is going to court next month so we will see what happens. The police officer said that because it is hit and run (not just impaired) she will likely get some jail time. IMO she should be doing time for the multiple impaired charges, but hey what do I know.
    2017 VW Jetta 1.4T (winter car)
    2010 F-350 Nortruck Tool Shed
    2007 BMW 5 (Wifey's)
    2004 Audi A4 1.8T 6spd Stage III w/ Meth
    1985 F-250 6.9L IDI w/ATS turbo

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Yay indeed!

To be honest, I'm glad it got taken care of quickly and before going to trial. I wasn't suffering any emotional distress or anything, but it's just a good feeling to know that he's off the streets for now, and possibly the rest of his life (unless he rides a bus)
    Geek

My Ride
    1998 BMW 328i

Originally posted by sillysod
    Woman in her mid 40's driving a car registered to her mother because she had 4 different impaired driving charges and had no license.

Your first offense for impaired is usally a $1,200 fine. You dont see any jail till at least your 3rd, or fourth. And even then its usually less then 90 days.
    Koenigsegg, what started as a dream just blew your doors off.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3