Quantcast
going to sweetgrass montana. anybody need a pickup? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: going to sweetgrass montana. anybody need a pickup?

My Ride
    08 Suzuki SX4,06 Nissan Titan

Default going to sweetgrass montana. anybody need a pickup?

im heading down to sweetgrass Montana on the 20th to pickup a package. does anybody need anything from the border storage? (Montana shipping outlet and at the border storage).

My Ride
    your mom

Anyone headed down again soon?

My Ride
    2010 frontier pro-4x

I will be going either late this week or next week to attheborderstorage.

My Ride

Will anyone want anything sometime next month? The items I want are backordered and quite small. It would be a waste just to pick those up. I am willing to pick some items if someone wants to pitch in for some gas $.

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Is it RIGHT at Sweetgrass? I wont be going through there but likely just straight south, then going through a different crossing.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    08 Suzuki SX4,06 Nissan Titan

Originally posted by Graham_A_M
    Is it RIGHT at Sweetgrass? I wont be going through there but likely just straight south, then going through a different crossing.
    there are two border storage places on oak St right across the border take your first exit where the gas station is make a left before the gas station and right down that road is the two border storage places on the same property.

If anyone goes down and they spot plastidip I'd love to get a few black cans for the US price

Originally posted by master hec0

there are two border storage places on oak St right across the border take your first exit where the gas station is make a left before the gas station and right down that road is the two border storage places on the same property.
    I don't think that's what he's saying... but yea MSO and ATBS are next door neighbours

My Ride
    2017 Golf TSI

Originally posted by know1edge

I don't think that's what he's saying... but yea MSO and ATBS are next door neighbours
    Agreed, to answer the actual question, yes, sweetgrass is an extremely small town and it is about 10 blocks off the highway, takes no time at all to get to/from it when you are on the highway. Unfortunately waiting for them to find all the boxes generally takes quite a long time, but usually you can be in and out in under 45 minutes even when they are swamped.

One word of caution, I investigated importing packages for other people before and the people at the border told me if I take so much as 1 penny for any reason (including as gas money) from the person I am importing the items for that makes me a commercial importer and the paperwork and fees are MUCH worse. I am not saying they would be watching forums like this, but if they were and you lie to them at the border you can be in for a world of hurt.
    Originally posted by Vagabond142
    Is the best game. Ever. In everness. It is more awesome than a robot caveman punching God in the dick. It is that awesome

My Ride

^ that is some good info! i will keep that in mind if i am hauling some stuff for a "friend"

My Ride
    E46

What do you pay when bringing back the packages across the border? Just taxes?

TL

My Ride
    2017 Golf TSI

If you are bringing things back for a friend make sure you have a signed letter from them with contact information for them stating that you have permission to bring their items back into canada for their personal use.

As for what you pay, it all depends on what you are importing and how much of a dick the person at the border is. I've had days where I had to prove country of origin for every single item I was bringing back and had to pay the applicable duties and taxes (some as high as 6% + GST), and I've had other days where they didn't ding me tire tax or any duties and marked everything as groceries...

Technically you should research your country of origin information for all of the items you are importing and check the tariff codes for them and calculate the duties, then be prepared to pay that plus GST.

Generally you are just going to pay GST plus tire tax if importing tires, or if you are importing a car then they care about country of origin and a/c tax.
    Originally posted by Vagabond142
    Is the best game. Ever. In everness. It is more awesome than a robot caveman punching God in the dick. It is that awesome

My Ride
    FIAT SPORT

Originally posted by Kohlman
    If anyone goes down and they spot plastidip I'd love to get a few black cans for the US price
    Just call autovalue and ask if they them in stock. Not sure if the red and black are the same price but I called last night and its $11 per can for the red.

My Ride
    2010 frontier pro-4x

Tried a couple autovalues but they don't have the aerosol can. Home hardware has a ton in okotoks at $20 a can.

My Ride
    WRX, Audi A4 Avant

i'm thinking of heading down this week. anybody need something picked up? split the gas bill?

Originally posted by DENZILDON

Just call autovalue and ask if they them in stock. Not sure if the red and black are the same price but I called last night and its $11 per can for the red.
    yeah I called autovalue 3 weeks ago and they said they had ~300 on order, called yesterday and had no black left from the order

My Ride
    Toyota 86 Wannabe (FR-S)

Anyone heading down there anytime soon? I might need a couple things picked up.

Photo by: Kevin Chow

My Ride
    2010 frontier pro-4x

Just went yesterday but I will be going back soon when my next shipment comes in....how big of an item are you getting?

My Ride
    Toyota 86 Wannabe (FR-S)

PM'd!

Photo by: Kevin Chow

My Ride
    2001 &2003 TOYOTA Soarer Convertible

Anyone going to Sweetgrass in a week or two
    I need to have my strut bar pick up from there
    PM me if plan to go there

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast