Quantcast
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 - Page 26 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 26 of 53 FirstFirst ... 16 25 26 27 36 ... LastLast

Thread: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

Originally posted by jongc

Except for me, right now l am at 2.95 and building it upwards.

That is because you play the game to get your K-D up.

You guys know me, I play a run n gun style, I always do. The quality of the game is reflected by that. MW2 I could ump rape, BO I could ak74u/mp5/famas and do that. MW3 used the ump a whole ton again.

But now the game has all these glitch spots I'd like to call them where you can barely see the guys head yet he can pump you with ads aim. Throw in some lag, and lack of ghost.

I could try to adjust purely for K/D but then it ruins the game for me

Pretty sure this game matches you up based on skill in addition to connection. That's why most people have a lower k/d. I think it's good if games are more competitive. I think they should have incorporated league play into public matchmaking.

Originally posted by beecue
    Pretty sure this game matches you up based on skill in addition to connection. That's why most people have a lower k/d.
    Huh. If that is true, then that might explain something I've been experiencing lately. My KD is currently around 0.60. If I happen to be running solo, I will often find myself in lobbies full of people who's KDs are in the range of 0.5-1.0, and in those matches I tend to do quite well, even go positive often.

But if I party up with one or two of my buddies who are significantly better than me (one is >1.5-2, another > 2.0-2.5), it seems the lobby is full of people > 1.0, and then little 'ol me.

I wasn't sure if that was just pure coincidence or if something else was going on. With one friend for sure it seemed I would be doing awesome earlier in the night and as soon as he came on and we partied up suddenly my game would go to shit. Hmmm...

My Ride
    Silverado

No it definitely happens. When I play there is no one less than one.

I think my biggest beef with this game is all the "traps" or camper tools people are given.

Like you have shock charges (hate with a passion), sensor grenades, bouncing betty and claymores. Just setup too much for camping a position IMO.

That is why I liked MW2 so much (well except the infinite claymores). But I found those super easy to avoid. Unlike shock charges which I sure have trouble seeing

Originally posted by colinxx235
    I think my biggest beef with this game is all the "traps" or camper tools people are given.

Like you have shock charges (hate with a passion), sensor grenades, bouncing betty and claymores. Just setup too much for camping a position IMO.

That is why I liked MW2 so much (well except the infinite claymores). But I found those super easy to avoid. Unlike shock charges which I sure have trouble seeing
    just use the engineer perk

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

i miss unlimited claymores with the scavenger perk.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    Mazda 6 MPS

Originally posted by nagooro

Haha is that with the help of the xim
    l'm on the same boat like everyone else, horrible hit detection and massive lag, but camping the hot spots always helps.

PSN: jongc
    XBL: jongc

My Ride
    Mazda 6 MPS

Originally posted by spikers
    i miss unlimited claymores with the scavenger perk.
    You can do that in bo2 as well.

PSN: jongc
    XBL: jongc

My Ride
    FIAT SPORT

Do you guys get upset if your team is being lit up by a player with a shotty? I think every opposing team I played tonight was crying after the game. And they seem so happy if the kill me in the killcam! Lol! Even if my kills are the highest for the game. Lol!

Originally posted by DENZILDON
    Do you guys get upset if your team is being lit up by a player with a shotty? I think every opposing team I played tonight was crying after the game. And they seem so happy if the kill me in the killcam! Lol! Even if my kills are the highest for the game. Lol!
    Which shotty do u use? Remington? What does the class consist of?

I find everyone cries abt anything lol.
    Some guy goes on a LMG rampage... "fucking LMG"
    Shotty...same thing...camping...same thing lol
    Today someone had a knife only class with max perks and ppl even complained abt that lol

IMO use whatever u want n let the haters hate. It's just a game lol the way some ppl bitch it's as if u shot them in real life...

Originally posted by BigDannyCool

just use the engineer perk
    Engineer and Tac Mask for 3rd tier perks! Really good combo I find for rushing but you have to give up dexterity which helps a ton vaulting over shit which seems to be everywhere on these maps.
    PSN: DeceitfulWings
    XBL: DeceitfulWings

My Ride
    FIAT SPORT

I have a golden Remington second prestige max. Currently using an S12 on krypton. Trying to get the diamond camo for the shotguns.
    For pure shotgun play here's my set up.

Long barrel and laser
    No secondary gun

Perk one greed
    Lightweight
    Ghost
    Toughness or scavenger
    Extreme conditioning

Grenade
    Shock grenade

Depending on the opponents I have I would rack up about 20 to 40 kills with a K of 1.2 and up.

My Ride
    General Motors Competizione

I don't think many people actually play single player here, but that's all I play. I just finished the last 2 or 3 levels in the story this morning. I don't think I've ever said "this is fucking retarded" so many times in one sitting. Even for Call of Duty, it's bad. The big, dramatic moments just fall flat because they're so stupid and unbelievable, even by COD standards.

There are a few times where you have to make a choice, and that might have an effect on the ending. I've only played it one way so far.

Spoiler:
    The whole point of the game is to take out Menendez. How many fucking times does he get away? At least twice, three times if you count the flashback where Woods throws the grenade that kills his sister. Apparently Hudson was keeping him alive, and Hudson gets Mason killed. Then Menendez kills Hudson for no reason. And then it turns out Salazar sold the Americans out, and surrenders voluntarily with no explanation. What the fuck is going on here?

And the voice acting. Holy shit. It's out of time, for one thing. Even in a heated conversation there's massive delays from one character to the other. And the tone is often different. Section (why can't we just call him Mason? Why does he have to have such a stupid fucking name? It's not a secret who he is, and no one else has a callsign.) is the worst. With explosions and gunfire and danger all around, his voice never wavers. From debriefing to battle, he's exactly the same. The best is when he's talking with Admiral Briggs. Same situation, two absolutely different emotions. Just like in real life. Admiral Briggs does remind me of the guy from the Iron Eagle movies though, so he has that going for him. And he says "cocksucker" a lot. Which, when said about a man, implies that he's a homosexual. It seems odd to basically hear a character calling people fags, without there being some amount of outrage these days.

There's this British computer dork or scientist or something too, that's so goddamn annoying. Especially since it's done on purpose. Because he's foreign, he has different slang. And at every opportunity, he uses them. Need to go back to England? "I need to leggit back to England." Someone left the back door open? "Some tosser left the back door open." Bloke, wanker, bollocks, it's all there! Just like they talk in real life! HE'S ENGLISH! GET IT? Fuck!

Then there's little things. Eventually you find yourself protecting the President. And the President is a woman. Which in 2025 is probably a reasonable possibility, but it falls in the same category as the English guy. Fake realism. The other thing is some ship (battleship, aircraft carrier, I don't know) is called the USS Barack Obama. It might be a little presumptuous to think that in 13 years he'll have a ship named after him.

It's nice to see New York get spared for once, as Spoiler:
    Los Angeles
    takes a beating. Although it looks nothing like it does in real life. You'd think that since the whole point of attacking that city was because of the Spoiler:
    opulence
    it represents, that it might look more like Spoiler:
    Hollywood.
    You'd be wrong though. It just looks like any other generic city from the future.

And finally there's the departures from the typical COD experience we've had in the last few years. We finally get custom loadouts. And we get drones. And some of the enemies have invisible camo. If you liked Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, you'll love the new features in Black Ops 2. Because that's exactly what it feels like. With a little bit of Frontlines: Fuel of War thrown in. It's not a bad thing, it's just funny how similar it feels.

The last departure, and one that I hate, is the Strike Force missions. They're not really part of the story, but they are kind of. You get control over every unit, and your job is to hold or capture objectives, or protect VIPs. The problem is the AI is horrible and they won't help you at all. You'll have to do the whole thing yourself and hope that maybe at some crucial moment your team mates will break out of their stupor for half a second and save your life.

I'd give the story a 4-4.5/10. Of all the COD games, since COD4 when I started playing, I'd say it's the worst. Awful voice acting (except for the guy who plays Woods; he's pretty good), awful attempts at creating drama, awful plot points, awful portrayals of real life interaction. There's no real sense of any meaning to anything that's happening because it's all so ridiculous. It just isn't believable, and you spend the whole time wondering what bullshit is coming around the corner.

Thank you for not reading.

Originally posted by DENZILDON
    Originally posted by EK69
    I find everyone cries abt anything lol.
    Some guy goes on a LMG rampage... "fucking LMG"
    Shotty...same thing...

Today someone had a knife only class with max perks and ppl even complained abt that lol
    I think it may have to do with the relative numbers. People will complain about getting killed regardless, but majority of players don't stand out... if most are using SMGs or ARs, and that's what kills you, its not as easy to tell if its repeatedly the SAME GUY killing you over and over or not. (Unless you're always watching killcam and specifically trying to note their name, but even that can be tricky if its a clan and they all use similar player emblems, etc.) But if there's that ONE guy on the opposite team shotgunning, or one guy knifing or one guy LMGing, they tend to stand out. You just have to mention what they're doing and everyone on your team will acknowledge they know exactly WHO you're talking about. Then they become an easy target to bitch about.

But it is more annoying to die certain ways vs. others. Getting killed with a knife or shotty does seem a bit more humiliating somehow.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Lol, I couldn't keep going past the 2nd chapter of the story.

Giant boat fight, ending with a helicopter firing missles at you, and you take it down and it crashes near by... then you swim to shore and there's a village of soldiers not 50 yards away just hanging out like nothing was going on

Originally posted by Inzane

But it is more annoying to die certain ways vs. others. Getting killed with a knife or shotty does seem a bit more humiliating somehow.
    Personally I find the shotguns to have far to long of range, which makes it a cheap weapon. I can be quite far away from someone and pelter them with an assault rifle, and they can just one-shot kill me half-way through my clip, lol.

Handguns are the same it seems. According to the COD world, a full-auto handgun is more powerful than a SMG which is kind of crazy.
    Last edited by Tik-Tok; 11-30-2012 at 10:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride

Originally posted by Tik-Tok
    Lol, I couldn't keep going past the 2nd chapter of the story.

Giant boat fight, ending with a helicopter firing missles at you, and you take it down and it crashes near by... then you swim to shore and there's a village of soldiers not 50 yards away just hanging out like nothing was going on
    That was one of the realistic parts, comparatively speaking.

I'll have to play through it again a few more times to get all the achievements, and I hate myself for it.

Originally posted by SKR
    There's this British computer dork or scientist or something too, that's so goddamn annoying. Especially since it's done on purpose. Because he's foreign, he has different slang. And at every opportunity, he uses them. Need to go back to England? "I need to leggit back to England." Someone left the back door open? "Some tosser left the back door open." Bloke, wanker, bollocks, it's all there! Just like they talk in real life! HE'S ENGLISH! GET IT? Fuck!
    I don't quite understand this complaint of yours. You don't like that the British character acts and sounds British? You'd rather he sound like an American??

Does watching Top Gear annoy you? Because that show is FULL of British slang, all the time.

I beat the campaign on Saturday. I tried the strike missions and hated them so I didn't even bother with them at all. That's one thing I hated about them. I also let the villain live at the end so I'll have to finish it again to see the other ending which I'm sure there is.
    PSN: DeceitfulWings
    XBL: DeceitfulWings

My Ride

Originally posted by Inzane

I don't quite understand this complaint of yours. You don't like that the British character acts and sounds British? You'd rather he sound like an American??

Does watching Top Gear annoy you? Because that show is FULL of British slang, all the time.
    He doesn't sound British. I'd have no problem with it if it sounded natural. It doesn't. I'll see if I can find you a video of it.

I don't watch Top Gear. I'm white and I grew up on a farm. I'm not interested in European cars, any more than you're interested in which 1 ton dually has the highest carrying capacity.

There's a difference between being British, and reading a script written by an American to sound British.

Page 26 of 53 FirstFirst ... 16 25 26 27 36 ... LastLast