-JUNE 17th 10am-5PM
    -AUTO-X / DRIFT
    -LIVE MUSIC
    -HOT FOOD / BBQ
    TIRE MACHINE WILL BE PRESENT
    COST = $100 for the day
    LOCATION = CROSS IRON MILLS

EVENT LINK: http://www.facebook.com/events/316632028414823

Alright after much planning and struggle we have finally secured a location that is going to allow us to run a solid AUTO-X / DRIFT day. We are opening registration to the general public if we don't hit our target and or required number of individuals the event will not run. Therefore Pre-Registration is required and a must.

Registration can be done on our website (This is only open until June 9th) If we do not hit our numbers by that date the event doesn't happen. Registration is not refundable UNLESS the event does not run. In the case we do not fulfill the required spots all Deposits / Registration will be refunded. If you Register and don't show up to the event your Registration will NOT be available for refund.

http://www.revwerks.com/Lappingdays

RULES

-All participants require full length pants
    -All participants require a helmet
    -All participants require a Valid Drivers licence
    -Vehicles are subject to an inspection if it is not road worthy you are NOT participating.
    -All participants are required to sign our liability waiver.
    -Safety is our number one concern with an event like this, therefore we will have very strict rules in regards to participation and safe driving.
    -staff has the right to deny access to anyone disobeying rules and or not abiding our rules or requirements.Revwerks
    Last edited by Redlyne_jr; 01-23-2015 at 08:22 PM.

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

If you do hit the target for registrations and the event is on, are walk ins welcomed?

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Originally posted by Sentry
    If you do hit the target for registrations and the event is on, are walk ins welcomed?
    do you have any idea how annoying that is for event organizers? just preregister if you want to attend. its not that hard to plan your life a week out

My Ride
    F430, M3, 911

Originally posted by Sentry
    No we will NOT be allowing walk ins of any sort this year..
    As Eric said, Its so much to contend with...

My Ride
    Has AWD

$100 is alot.......considering Alberta racing clubs charge half that for auto-x........is there a guarenteed number of runs given? Timing equipment? I saw food is provided, thats a bonus.

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

What's the target for this event?
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

My Ride
    Boo the evil w115

Originally posted by MGCM
    $100 is alot.......considering Alberta racing clubs charge half that for auto-x........is there a guarenteed number of runs given? Timing equipment? I saw food is provided, thats a bonus.
    is $100 too steep? imo that's cheap considering the cost of driving/trailer-ing to pretty much any other event in alberta this year

My Ride
    F430, M3, 911

Originally posted by MGCM
    100 Bucks expensive? Im not sure what venue they host those events at and or if they are hosting anything local to Calgary this year, Calculate the costs of the following variables..

-venue
    -Insurance
    -Cone rentals
    -cost of propane for BBQ to run the entire day
    -cost of food
    -Generator for Tire machine-

You will be able to make sense of the costs associated

No we cannot guarantee any set number of runs and we have no timing equipment. We simply cater to the individuals looking to drive there car in a controlled environment with no racing aspect and or requirements for regulated racing other than safety. We host the events to solely have fun....

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

I would be down if there's a garunteed number of runs, but when I can got to a SASC Auto X event for $40 that's a big gap. What is the venue?

My Ride
    F430, M3, 911

Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo
    I would be down if there's a garunteed number of runs, but when I can got to a SASC Auto X event for $40 that's a big gap. What is the venue?
    Understandable and to each there own that's why we are posting information in regards to the event in advance. If people deem it is to expensive than dont pre-Register if we dont get enough people, the event doesnt happen. At least i can say i tried I simply take a calculation of my costs to host and divide it out by an estimated number of people and thats the cost per driver. Is the SCCA even hosting an event local to calgary? How many drivers normally attend a day maybe i can estimate number of runs. I believe you are guaranteed 4 runs at the SCCA event (roughly 10 dollars a run) I Hope we can triple that if not more at this day.. as we dont have any timing requirments or other regulations... Plan for the day is to grill burgers and get as much time on the course as possible....

My Ride
    Honda S2000

Originally posted by Redlyne_jr
    ... and we have no timing equipment.
    Talk to me -- I am probably able to help with the timing equipment.
    The best part of life isn't around the corner. It IS the corner.

My Ride
    AWD grandpa wagon

Do you guys need any volunteer/

My Ride
    is an Experience.

Awesome work guys

Theres currently no autox events being held in or around Calgary as far as I know at the moment, very interested in this but got some questions.

What part of Cross Irons is this being ran in?

Are drift and autox runs going to be at the same time on 2 different sections? or one after the other on one course?

How many spots are available for autox and/or drift?

For the autox course, how long do you plan to make the run? 60 seconds, 120 seconds etc?

Thanks

My Ride
    Has AWD

Sasc and cscc and the red deer club all guarentee u 6 runs on a really busy day but generally u will get 8 runs for $40 plus fun runs at the end for those who want to. Granted, no none are in Calgary but neither is Crossiron if u wanna get technical. Red Deer and Fort Mcleod provide available lots for auto-x and its not that bad of a drive considering when badlands motorsports resort is done it will be the same approx 1.5 hour drive. Ive never seen any auto-x event bring a tire machine, thats generally the drivers problem to bring extra wheels with mounted tires. As well majority do NOT trailer to events, in fact alot of them are daily drivers that ppl prep well and drive well, without the need to trailer around. Obviously drift is different and im sure there is also a few that are not street legal and require trailers. If it was just drift id say ya good deal, but your mixing auto-x and drifting, no guarentee on runs, possibly no timing equipment? For me, all that adds up to auto-x with revworks not on par with cscc/sasc and i would potentially be greatly dissapointed.

While i wont compete, i will definately come check it out, maybe revworks will surprise me by putting on an amazing event and i'll be sad i missed the chance to compete. All in all tho, props to revworks for attemping this, the more racing events near Calgary the better.

Incase ppl misunderstand, im not tryin to put down revworks or this event at all, thats just how i see it right now, maybe im dead wrong, and u can be sure i will be there to check it out and allow revworks to prove me dead wrong.
    Last edited by MGCM; 05-24-2012 at 10:13 PM.

there is bound to be a lot of cars breaking down so I don't see getting in enough runs to be a big issue. I'm more interested in the layout...

My Ride
    something green

Any noise/exhaust restrictions ?
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    F430, M3, 911

Originally posted by kdwebber
    there is bound to be a lot of cars breaking down so I don't see getting in enough runs to be a big issue. I'm more interested in the layout...
    Layout planning is still in the works, if you have any course ideas and or suggestions please email me [email protected]

My Ride
    F430, M3, 911

As of right now we are 30% full for the event, remember guys we need payment and registrations up front to make this happen...

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

I'm excited to try out the new suspension setup.

Praying to Zeus for no rain.
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

My Ride
    F430, M3, 911

We currently only have 7 registrations, we need 22 to make this happen and cover the costs... Remember if you plan to attend you NEED to register in advance... There will be no walk-ins allowed...

For those of you that want this day to happen spread the word and get people registering.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast