Quantcast
Anyone annoyed at intersection on 4th Avenue 1st St SW? (Beside TransCanada/Sun Life) - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Anyone annoyed at intersection on 4th Avenue 1st St SW? (Beside TransCanada/Sun Life)

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Default Anyone annoyed at intersection on 4th Avenue 1st St SW? (Beside TransCanada/Sun Life)

Not a rant at all but something I've seen -at least- 5 times every single day looking down my office window. Thought it's kind of funny and worth sharing since it happens so much daily.

At this intersection (Google Maps has the outdated version), if you are on the left hand lane, you have to turn left no matter what. On the road, there is white paint stating it is left turn only. However, you always have cars thinking they have the option to either go straight or turn left.

Of course, when the person in the right hand lane (red lines) tries to go straight, they almost sideswipe the car going straight. It's fucked up because the person on the left lane honks at the man/woman on the right as if it's his/her fault.

What a stupid intersection.

I never saw so many close calls daily from this intersection because of how it's set up haha.

If you guys thought the 17th Avenue/Macleod Trail dual-turn intersection was bad, this is 10x worse.

My Ride
    something green

Yes that is a bad place, I took the right lane to go straight, the car in the left hand lane went straight through and it almost ended in ugliness. I honked, and the other drive had ZERO idea why I honked at them..
    Its bad because the lane is not painted to match the sign(the dotted curve guidline), and because there are a ton of bad drivers on the road who really don't have a fucking clue.
    Too loud for Aspen