Quantcast
Need Advice on Possible Clutch Issue - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Need Advice on Possible Clutch Issue

My Ride
    2006 Civic Si

Default Need Advice on Possible Clutch Issue

Need beyond's help as I've called 3 different stealerships and they've all given me different answers.

I would like to start by saying when I release my clutch prior to this instance, it's about 2/3 away from the bottom, so pretty much releasing it closer to the top.

I drove through a huge puddle under the bridge going from deerfoot nb onto glenmore and I went through it fine. About 5 km later I noticed my friction point on my clutch was near the floor as I was almost stalling whenever I switched gears. I found this very odd. I parked my car and proceeded through my day.

I was leaving campus and started my vehicle. When I tried to put my car into gear, it felt there was a wall blocking me from shifting. I couldn't put into gear at all. I tried all gears (1-6+reverse) but it would block me from 1-6 and "grind" when I put it into reverse. I called a tow truck and prepared for the inevitable and felt I needed to replace my clutch.

AMA told me it would take about 2 hours for the driver to come out, so I decided to wait inside the school. 3 hours later, I receive the call from the driver and said he's 10 minutes away. I come out to my car and I wait for 30 minutes and he still hasn't showed up. Out of curiosity, I tried again and got the same results.

I had this bright idea to try to put it into gear while the motor was off and see if it'll actually go into gear, and it did. Without thinking, I decided to start my vehicle with my foot to the floor on the clutch while I'm in first gear. When I did this, it shot my car forward and stalled. I put it back into neutral and attempted one more time. For some odd reason, I was able to put my car into gear again. I drove around the parking lot and I could tell it wasn't the same. The ride had a little bit of vibration at higher revs and shifting was not as smooth.

I decided to sit in the parking lot and wait for the tow truck. He finally came and I told him the situation. Apparently, he was a mechanic before and he decided to check out my car. He tells me that my clutch fluid is below minimum and that's what's causing this whole fiasco. He filled up my clutch fluid and he took my car for a spin. He tells me that I should be fine from here on out and that my clutch doesn't need replacing. I proceeded to drive home and my car has never shifted better before.

Beyond, I typed out this whole story to try to be as detailed as possible to all events leading up to this so it may give a better idea as to wtf is wrong with my car. Please HELP!
    Last edited by GQNammer; 06-08-2012 at 11:22 AM.
    Originally posted by King Banana

So confused, how do you get the other menu, is there like a secret chinese handshake, or do you need to bring in a jar of blood from a chinese daughter?
    I need like a how-to - order chinese food for white people.

My Ride
    3.0L Of pure turbocharged testosterone

You have a leak somewhere most likely your clutch master. I would bleed it just to make sure there isnt more air in the lines. Look behind te clutch pedal, is it wet with fluid. If so master is done and needs replacing.

Well you said you added fluid and the problem ceased.. Sounds like you didnt have enough fluid, check the slave for leaks.

Otherwise I would have suggested your clutch has failed.
    1994 EG6 -1998 DC2 - 1993 S13 - 1993 S13 -1994 S14 - 2001 BMW E46 - 2006 BMW E90