Quantcast
Testing out my car cam (YouTube link) - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Testing out my car cam (YouTube link)

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Default Testing out my car cam (YouTube link)

Well, I grabbed two of the better idiots on the drive home today, threw together a video just to test to see how it looks on Youtube. I plan on making a weekly or, if it's a slow month, biweekly series of clips showing idiots on the road.

And yes, I do talk to myself that much while driving XD

Lemme know what you think!

For those wondering, it's a Panasonic HMTA20 with a "custom" mount, namely a piece of styrofoam with a groove cut in it on top of my instrument binnacle and nerf dart stuck to the inside of my windscreen at the top to keep the camera wedged against said windscreen.
    Geek

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Originally posted by dj_rice
    I think you have a dinky sounding horn. Need to get man sounding horn.
    It's a 1990 Civic
    Geek

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

I think you have a dinky sounding horn. Need to get man sounding horn.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    16' Tacoma Offroad

Civics are invisible in Calgary. Everytime I drive my g/fs I feel 2 inches tall. No prowess on the road at all.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Something is messed up with the threads today. The posts aren't posted in the right orders.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    2018 Ford F150 SCREW

The reason that area where the Xterra cut you off is always such a mess is because impatient assholes like you try to skip the traffic exiting onto Glenmore east from Crowchild.

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

I've equipped my car to deal with driving in Calgary.

Could still use a flamethrower or caravan-seeking missile launcher though.

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Originally posted by ramminghard
    The reason that area where the Xterra cut you off is always such a mess is because impatient assholes like you try to skip the traffic exiting onto Glenmore east from Crowchild.
    So I'm an asshole for going with the speed and flow of traffic at that point in time? Your logic befuddles me
    Geek

My Ride
    2018 Ford F150 SCREW

Originally posted by Vagabond142

So I'm an asshole for going with the speed and flow of traffic at that point in time? Your logic befuddles me
    If you watch the video you were obviously moving faster than the flow of the two right lanes and would have had to decelerate to change lanes into that space so you were going faster than the flow of traffic. The only reason that you would be in the far left lane in the first place is to try to advance in traffic prior to the exit to Glenmore so you were not going with the flow of traffic. The "flow" of the traffic in your lane was going to Glenmore west or Lakeview.

Can you take a pic of how you have the cam mounted?

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

There is a Styrofoam base that wedges between the binnacle and the front of the dash, and the sucker holds the top tight to the windscreen
    Geek

My Ride
    toyotas, mitsu, and a ford

why not buy a real dashcam? they are so cheap now that the memory cards cost more than they do. They will be auto/loop recording and have a better picture than your phone especially at night plus the benefit of not wasting you phones battery...

they really are worth the money and wont look ghetto like your install.

(although props for finding a use for a nerf dart)

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

That's npt a phone. That's a pocket camcorder. My phone took the picture of the setup and is also my streaming radio during driving

And those "real dashcams" are so cheap because they only do 6-10 minute loops and capture at 480p or less. This cam can capture 1080p if I wanted to set it that high, and does 30 minutes at a pop
    Geek

My Ride
    2017 Golf TSI

Originally posted by ramminghard
    If you watch the video you were obviously moving faster than the flow of the two right lanes and would have had to decelerate to change lanes into that space so you were going faster than the flow of traffic. The only reason that you would be in the far left lane in the first place is to try to advance in traffic prior to the exit to Glenmore so you were not going with the flow of traffic. The "flow" of the traffic in your lane was going to Glenmore west or Lakeview.
    Werd, I never give anybody doing this shit even the least bit of courtesy. Anybody in that lane trying to get ahead knows exactly what they are doing.
    Originally posted by Vagabond142
    Is the best game. Ever. In everness. It is more awesome than a robot caveman punching God in the dick. It is that awesome

My Ride
    Hondas

Originally posted by Zero102

Werd, I never give anybody doing this shit even the least bit of courtesy.
    And nor should you. They are rolling the dice hoping for an opening... if there isn't one they should miss their exit. If they can get in without making someone hammer the brakes then excellent.