Quantcast
Batman premier shooting in Denver, 14 dead - Page 19 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 18 19

Thread: Batman premier shooting in Denver, 14 dead

Originally posted by 403Gemini
    It is a BIT suspicious of how he got in from a door that you can only open from the inside, but I mean he could have easily attended a movie earlier and put a piece of tape over the locking mechanism allowing you to open that door from the outside. It's very simple so I don't see the need for the huge conspiracy theory...
    as i understand it, he bought a ticket to Batman, then slipped out and back in the rear entrance.

My Ride
    09 WRX Hatchback / 72 240z

Originally posted by Spoons

I'm not saying it was a conspiracy or revealing my opinion for that matter.

But I do find it funny that everyday people get lied to by peers, terrible things done to them behind their back, but as soon as a someone gives wind of maybe the government doing that, everyone steps back and says, "Woah now, that can't be possible."

The logical conclusion to anything that is unknown is that you simply do not know. There are people capable of doing terrible things in this world, why is it so asinine that someone in a position of power would do something as such? The odds are in favour of the other direction, but it can not be ruled out.

The problem with the conspiracy debate is people always deal with absolutes rather than what if's.

Just my 2 cents.
    Also a lot of conspiracy people simply carry themselves to be crazy and go to extremes, often times destroying their initial point.

Originally posted by Zephyr

Also a lot of conspiracy people simply carry themselves to be crazy and go to extremes, often times destroying their initial point.
    Exactly, it goes both ways though.

You have the conspiracy theorists that say, "YES THIS ABSOLUTELY 100% HAPPENED!"

Then you have the ant-conspiracy theorists that say, "NO THIS ABSOLUTELY 100% DIDN'T HAPPEN"

We need more people that approach it logically... Which sadly not a lot do.

My Ride
    AP1 / CRV

Originally posted by dj_patm
    I couldn't watch more then 15 minutes

- Cameras at a theater? Since when? In every individual exit?? Yeah Right. Cameras in a dark theater would be pretty fucking useless.

- So you have a couple people that could easily be confused whether it was James sitting down, walking out the exit and coming back in, or a second person... In a dark theater... THE GOVERNMENT IS LYING.

- Neuroscience Majors are probably pretty smart. People who do well enough in school to get into Neuroscience tend to be eligible for plenty of bursaries and scholarships that could be spent on weapons and I'm assuming if he wanted to put his mind into making bombs, he'd probably be decent at it.

- Maybe his main objective was the theater shooting and if something were to go wrong the apartment would have been is plan B for fame? Maybe got scared when he got caught and thought that he might earn a lesser sentence by warning the cops?

I hate conspiracy theorists that grasp at every straw they can and never approach from both sides or use reason or logic.
    I highly recommend you do your best to suck it up and sit through the really tin foil hat bits (there is quite a bit). Some of the questions raised and military connections proposed are really quite intriguing.

I listened to this while at work with my headphones on. When the hokey bits came on I turned on my super ignoring powers and tuned out lol (big thanks to my lecturing mom for that one).

We've already all heard what the mainstream has to say about it, now its neat to hear another angle and make your conclusions on all the information available.
    Last edited by v2kai; 08-21-2012 at 10:33 AM.

My Ride
    2013 Genesis Coupe

There are also some theories that are a little more believable then others...

Do I believe that governments do some pretty crazy stuff? Yes. I 100% do. I wouldn't be suprised if Jason Bourne shit is a daily occurence and I'm sure political assinations, propoganda and cover ups are normal operations for some agencies.

But there is a difference... a very large difference... between killing a politcal figure and aliens crashlanding in roswell or brianwashing a college student and making him shoot up an entire movie theater of innocent, non-remarkable people for no real political or financial gain outside of what? Inspiring calls for more gun control?
    Last edited by dj_patm; 08-21-2012 at 10:39 AM.

My Ride
    09 WRX Hatchback / 72 240z

Do I believe that governments do some pretty crazy stuff? Yes. I 100% do. I wouldn't be suprised if Jason Bourne shit is a daily occurence and I'm sure political assinations, propoganda and cover ups are normal operations for some agencies.

But there is a difference... a very large difference... between killing a politcal figure and aliens crashlanding in roswell or brianwashing a college student and making him shoot up an entire movie theater...
    I use to think flying airplanes into a building was something for the movies. Anything is possible.

My Ride
    2013 Genesis Coupe

Originally posted by Zephyr

I use to think flying airplanes into a building was something for the movies. Anything is possible.
    You know what?

As ridiculous as the 9/11 theories are, at least the theorists had a half decent motive for the government to carry it out and their point was sort of backed up by the resulting "WMD in Iraq" situation.

This James Holmes stuff on the other hand, doesn't even have that. It is 100% grasping at straws by bored, irrational people.
    Last edited by dj_patm; 08-21-2012 at 10:45 AM.

But there is a difference... a very large difference... between killing a politcal figure and aliens crashlanding in roswell or brianwashing a college student and making him shoot up an entire movie theater of innocent, non-remarkable people for no real political or financial gain outside of what? Inspiring calls for more gun control?
    There was talks back in the 60's (maybe someone can dig this up for me) that was along the lines that if the government felt as if they were losing control of their populace, that drastic measures could be done in order to regain control. Again if someone could confirm this, it could just be wish wash.

But think of it this way too, it wasn't too long ago that the US army shot up a ton of kids protesting the war on a college campus. The US has shown multiple times it has no problem pointing a gun at their own people.

You have a ton of people free thinking individuals and dwindling enlistment numbers, so you fly a plane into a building and blame it on the terrorists. All of a sudden you have a country packed full of flag wearing patriots that are eager to sign that line and go fight terrorism.

You have a population that is growing quiet restless with its current government that carry a TON of guns. Shoot up a movie theatre so your gun control reforms can go through more smoothly with millions on board against guns to eliminate a threat. Disarm your populace so they are not so freaking dangerous.

I'm not saying I believe in any of this, but you can not be for certain. You're talking in absolutes again that this could not happen. The only response that you can take is, "Anything is possible." No matter how extreme. My point through all this is just to get you thinking, they are simply theories born from rational thoughts.

I always use this analogy. As a kid, you have an ant farm. All these ants, and you alone have the power to decide their fate. They, in your mind, are lesser subjects to your regime, but you must feed them and take care of them. But when you start burning them with a magnifying glass, you feel little recourse. You've instilled in your own brain that these subjects mean nothing to you anyway. Sadly, and you better believe it, there are people in this world that think that way. Who's to say that some of them are or are not in a position of power of a much larger scale. There are so many rogue operations within the US, anything is possible.

If you guys haven't heard about it, do read up on MKUltra, fucking terrifying stuff the government "used" to do.

I'm not saying I support the idea that Holmes was brainwashed at all, I just think hes a sick fuck who did it... thats about it. But there are ways the government can fuck with people
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

For price/performance, one can't beat occam's razor to cut through the bullshit.

Headline: The simplest explanation is most likely to be correct.

My Ride
    You Crazy

The cops that caught him taking off the full gear and mask.
    They did not actually see him shoot anyone.

Gear, gas mask, even guns are not illegal in Colorado.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 18 19