Quantcast
BlackBerry 10 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: BlackBerry 10

Default BlackBerry 10

Are any beyond members giving this phone a chance when it drops? Or have you guys given up on RIM? I'm still on my 9900 and use it everyday and hasn't failed me...yet.

After watching some of the videos and seeing some of it's features, it actually looks promising. I know there are Apple users and Android users, but are any of you guys willing to give RIM/BlackBerry another try?

Thoughts?

My Ride
    Tesla Model 3 AWD

I watched an episode of dragons den and there was a group selling essentially customized blackberry shells. The guy selling the product said to the dragons, pull out your blackberrys I know you all have them, and sure enough they all had them. My point is I still believe the blackberry is a very corporate phone and it looks like a phone that a CEO or executives should have.

I hate BES and a lot of the other quirks of BB but it still screams business phone to me. So having said that, I still think it will have a place in the world.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by supe
    I watched an episode of dragons den and there was a group selling essentially customized blackberry shells. The guy selling the product said to the dragons, pull out your blackberrys I know you all have them, and sure enough they all had them. My point is I still believe the blackberry is a very corporate phone and it looks like a phone that a CEO or executives should have.

I hate BES and a lot of the other quirks of BB but it still screams business phone to me. So having said that, I still think it will have a place in the world.
    It'll take a while for the BlackBerry to get phased out but some companies already have.

I'm hoping (I really don't want to because it's another Canadian company gone) that Microsoft will buy RIM so that it'll have a stranglehold in the enterprise market. Their Windows Mobile platform is perfect for Outlook integration.

My Ride
    changes every year

I believe RIM will bounce back when/if 10 comes out. i have a 9900 and although the Androids and Iphones kick RIMs ass as far as screens and apps go, the Blackberry is far superior as far as messaging/email goes and thats the end of the story.

IF the 10 comes out and it rivals even just the screen of the Galaxies, i will stick with BB, if not, ill move on, they are just so not comparable when it comes to that and now thats what im looking for.

Our company just switched everyone from BB to iPhones, and so far there isn't a single thing to do with email or messaging that makes me wish I had my BB back. Folders/rules work perfectly, as does the auto sync. I also much prefer non-BB messaging, but that is subjective I guess.

After owning a Galaxy Nexus and iPhone 4S for a while, the biggest difference I notice is that the Galaxy Nexus is just way faster at doing everything, and the size/screen is just so much better.

I can't really see BB competing with Apple/Samsung/Google unless they basically make a phone that has current internals, high res OLED screen, a way better OS, and then the BB keyboard for the purists.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 08-07-2012 at 04:12 PM.

From what I've read and seen, their product seems to be a gamechanger for blackberry. I'm thinking that it will be able to compete with the current offering with the likes of apple/google/windows.

I won't lie, I am a blackberry user/fanboy, but there are many times that I have wanted to jump ship to the newer touch screen phones. But I think I'll wait and see what RIM has to offer by the time BB10 drops. I really hope they put their heart into this next gen device that they're working on. To be honest, the new CEO seems very forward thinking and he's not beating around the bush like Jim Balsille was. (guy was brutal)

My Ride
    08 GSR

I've had my 9700 bold for about 2 and a half years now, and it's starting to crap out REALLY bad. I am going to switch over to the Galaxy S3 in a month or so. But if Blackberry OS 10 comes out and looks promising, I don't have any issues switching back to blackberry in a couple years.

EDIT:
    Originally posted by ducaudi
    To be honest, the new CEO seems very forward thinking and he's not beating around the bush like Jim Balsille was. (guy was brutal)
    That's because Jim was too focused on trying to buy the Pheonix Coyotes.
    Last edited by V6-BoI; 08-07-2012 at 04:18 PM.

That's because Jim was too focused on trying to buy the Pheonix Coyotes.
    Totally forgot about that.

As for your 9700, yeah I went from that to the 9900, hasn't been a problem since. Under Jim/Mike, they were just pumping stuff out for the sake of sales. Lack of R&D into current trends, big mistake. Hopefully you're one of the few that's holding out for BB10. LOL.