Quantcast
153 in 100 zone. Whats going to happen? - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5

Thread: 153 in 100 zone. Whats going to happen?

My Ride
    Corvette

You'll end up with that $1800 fine for sure and definitely a period of suspension...but that's the price for having fun and putting innocent lives at risk, I do it all the time.

Looked it up and the QE2 averages around 28,000-32,000 cars a day. So even if less than 1% goes over 130 that's still a few hundred. I doubt 15,000 or more are going over 130.

Originally posted by ercchry
    no such thing as 0 demerits now, old balls

Still possible... I know because I just had a ticket Nadeau and Assc. fought for me in the last year that I was able to get all three points dropped and I just paid the fine. I was told that it is not as common anymore though, and the reason I got it was because my record has been exceptionally clean for a long time. If I was a frequent ticket getter I would not have been given that option...

My Ride
    Corvette

Originally posted by tirebob

Still possible... I know because I just had a ticket Nadeau and Assc. fought for me in the last year that I was able to get all three points dropped and I just paid the fine. I was told that it is not as common anymore though, and the reason I got it was because my record has been exceptionally clean for a long time. If I was a frequent ticket getter I would not have been given that option...
    Wow Nadeau is still around?! Guy is classic

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-11-2019 at 09:04 AM.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

There are no empty highways anywhere within an hours drive of Calgary. These days with the sheriffs, nowhere is safe from speed traps.

You folks on the GDL, learn your lesson on the first couple tickets and you won't have a problem.
    EDIT: And I'm not pretending that I've never driven above the speed limit. I used to speed everywhere. The thing is, when the Alberta Solicitor General sent me a nice letter tell me to chill the fuck out because I had a lot of tickets (I was at 12 demerits), guess what, I chilled the fuck out, stopped speeding for two years, and hey, I didn't lose my license.
    Take some responsibility for your actions. Anyone who loses their license for too many tickets, deserves to lose their license. Simple as that.
    Last edited by ExtraSlow; 10-20-2012 at 01:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm way less "me" than people give me discredit for.

My Ride
    2010 Camaro

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    There are no empty highways anywhere within an hours drive of Calgary. These days with the sheriffs, nowhere is safe from speed traps.

You folks on the GDL, learn your lesson on the first couple tickets and you won't have a problem.
    EDIT: And I'm not pretending that I've never driven above the speed limit. I used to speed everywhere. The thing is, when the Alberta Solicitor General sent me a nice letter tell me to chill the fuck out because I had a lot of tickets (I was at 12 demerits), guess what, I chilled the fuck out, stopped speeding for two years, and hey, I didn't lose my license.
    Take some responsibility for your actions. Anyone who loses their license for too many tickets, deserves to lose their license. Simple as that.
    110% Agree.

They really ramped up the amount of Alberta Sheriff's (essentially highway patrol) by a decent amount from what I have observed when I used to commute to Edmonton 4 times a month for a year from 2010-2011.

I don't really see the point in speeding tbh, if you go 130KM/h all the way to Edmonton - you'll only get there 20 minutes faster or so...not really worth the ticket imo and getting pat down'd by RCMP

My Ride
    Saab 9-5

Originally posted by Traffic_Cop
    $1200 - $1800 fine 30 - 90 day suspension.

If you can convince a crown that you know you screwed up etc etc, and need your licence, you may get it reduced from 153 down to 150. If so its a $351 ticket and 4 demerits.
    In this city you can still pay for your freedom.It's all a matter of how fat his wallet is.

So what ever happened to the September court date?
    For the 3 kph over the threshold of bad things gonna happen, this should have been easy to plead down. Be different if it was 13 or 23 kph over, but 3? Radar/laser calibration, speedo error etc.
    The Crown would have to have a real hate on for your ass if they wouldn't take the deal.

My Ride
    Acura Lexus

Ticket #1
    - 144 in a 90 zone.
    - $600 to Pointts
    - $600 fine & 4 demerit ticket
    - Took defensive drivers online ($100) and knocked 3 demerits off.

Ticket #2
    - 182 in a 110 zone.
    - $600 to Pointts
    - $1800 fine & 4 or 6 demerits (can't remember).

No more speeding now. Stay safe everyone.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Originally posted by Dumbass17
    douchebag
    Yep, OP is the ONLY Beyonder who's ever driven past the speed limit, and most definitely without a doubt the only one who's done douche-y shit on the road.

Originally posted by adidas
    and here is where the members of beyond pretend like they have never broken a rule.
    Amen.

Good luck in court OP.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5