Quantcast
Construction in Sage Hill? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Construction in Sage Hill?

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

Default Construction in Sage Hill?

Are there other constructions going on beside residential? Have been noticing the # of haul trucks going non-stop in and out of the area. The thing is often the trucks will take up all the lanes instead of going behind each other. For example minutes ago 2-3 were going from Symon's Valley onto Stoney Trail, taking up both lanes. 2-3 were going straight toward Beddington Trail and I assume all going South on Deerfoot. It might save one truck 20 seconds if they take a different lane than the truck in front of them but it delays everyone else behind that truck !!!

That drives me nuts! You cant go around them and instead face the possibility of rocks flying out and chipping your windshield...

My Ride
    2018 Lexus IS350 AWD F-Sport 3

I live in Evanston, and I swear, every single time I drive on Symon's Valley there are at least 3 trucks that love to drive side by side. Doesn't matter what time of the day. Be it 8 AM 11AM 3PM 6Pm.... it is actually ridiculous, mix that in with the lights, sometimes takes 10 minutes just to get past creekside shopping complex.

As far as construction going on up there. Other then residential I also have no idea what else might be going on, but I also feel your pain and just wanted to rant in this thread.
    These opinions are entirely my own and do not represent any other person or organization.

My Ride
    Grimace

You guys are aware there is a quarry on 85th street/burma road? I don't have a problem as I am not impatient though. Easy enough to get between trucks as some drive faster than others

My Ride
    78 civic

This area is really nice except its littered with airplanes and gravel trucks.

Lafarge, volker steven, inland, and burnco all have gravel pits on 144/Burma area.

My Ride

Originally posted by schocker
    You guys are aware there is a quarry on 85th street/burma road? I don't have a problem as I am not impatient though. Easy enough to get between trucks as some drive faster than others

Originally posted by 78si
    This area is really nice except its littered with airplanes and gravel trucks.

Lafarge, volker steven, inland, and burnco all have gravel pits on 144/Burma area.

I actually did not know this.

I wonder if they will ever find an alternate route. Or if we will have another entrance into Evanston.
    These opinions are entirely my own and do not represent any other person or organization.

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by dezmarez
    I actually did not know this.

I wonder if they will ever find an alternate route. Or if we will have another entrance into Evanston.
    How could you not
    You have a shortcut to royal oak, the car wash, bottle depot etc. Awesome as long as there is not a slow driver on the way.
    Living in sage hill I am glad I don't have to use a road as dumb as the entrance there. Looks like the twinning is coming along though.

My Ride

Originally posted by schocker

How could you not
    You have a shortcut to royal oak, the car wash, bottle depot etc. Awesome as long as there is not a slow driver on the way.
    Living in sage hill I am glad I don't have to use a road as dumb as the entrance there. Looks like the twinning is coming along though.

I don't know, I didn't do my research on the area I guess.

They have to change the route they take I would think, with all the residential going up!

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Those gravel pits will be empty eventually.
    Did you know, a typical single family home uses about 160 tonnes of gravel?
    Source: http://www.asga.ab.ca/resources.asp
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm way less "me" than people give me discredit for.

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by dezmarez

I don't know, I didn't do my research on the area I guess.

They have to change the route they take I would think, with all the residential going up!
    You better. I know everything about it! I don't think they will change the route though. They have used it forever. Much faster than going the other way to country hills and then stoney. Much better to be stuck behind a truck on symons valley then it is on 144th ave.

From the air it looks like a lot of progress has been made on extending shaganappi to 144th ave. Hopefully that will open soon and the trucks will go that way. Not sure when it is supposed to open though

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by Lanks
    From the air it looks like a lot of progress has been made on extending shaganappi to 144th ave. Hopefully that will open soon and the trucks will go that way. Not sure when it is supposed to open though
    You are probably right as they would be faster for them.I was just driving on it and it looks like it is quite far along twinned and everything from 144 but still needs work back towards Stoney. I wonder how far along sarcee is

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Wtf is Sage Hill?

Is that the forbidden north end of calgary us south people dont dare to go near?

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by Shlade
    Wtf is Sage Hill?

Is that the forbidden north end of calgary us south people dont dare to go near?
    Yes, you are not allowed and there is a gate at centre street to not let them in either.
    It is symons valley road and 144th ave. Farthest north community iirc, highway 566 is about 3-4 minutes away mallzac about 10

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

Noticing traffic is quite busy through out the day. 6:30 am getting out of Kincora sometimes cars would be lined up up the hill. And the gravel trucks travel pretty much same route I do and they actually get there fast than I do because they will stay in the closing lane until the Beddington Trail ramp and then get in the last minute. Once they are on Deerfoot they fly. Should be interesting once snow starts because lot of cars and pickup trucks just go very aggressively.

Might start leaving the house pre 6:15 to get lighter traffic.

My Ride
    Pushbroom

I don't live in Evanston anymore but my folks do. Aren't they supposed to extend 14th from Stoney into Evanston at some point?

The truck traffic is out of control.

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by bigbadboss101
    Noticing traffic is quite busy through out the day. 6:30 am getting out of Kincora sometimes cars would be lined up up the hill. And the gravel trucks travel pretty much same route I do and they actually get there fast than I do because they will stay in the closing lane until the Beddington Trail ramp and then get in the last minute. Once they are on Deerfoot they fly. Should be interesting once snow starts because lot of cars and pickup trucks just go very aggressively.

Might start leaving the house pre 6:15 to get lighter traffic.
    It has always been like that, there has always been tons of trucks going in and out to get gravel
    Shaghanappi is progressing well so I am not sure if they would start going that way or not. The big piss off was closing sage hill drive and saying it would be closed from sept 15 to oct 13, they demolished the road, took the dates off the signs and now it is a one lane dirt road.

The truck traffic won't be going away in your lifetime. Had a good chat with Alderman Lowe about this issue recently. Made it an easy decision not to build in that area.

My Ride
    09 hyundai accent hatch

If u have a truck you can get to sage hill from sarcee through nolan hill. The traffic is crazy thank god im only working on phase one of the condos there. They need to build a tim hortons closer to us.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    A Slow Car

3 big companies are there. Volker Stevin, Burno and Lafarge. There is no way it's gonna end. Hopefully when all the construction is done it'll quiet down. Yeah we need Timmy's and McDonald's there.
    “Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers.”

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast