Quantcast
Legalize Drugs - All of them! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Legalize Drugs - All of them!

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Default Legalize Drugs - All of them!

http://www.newint.org/features/2012/...illegal-drugs/

A good summary of the (potential) benefits of legalization or decriminalization. I personally agree with a lot of what this article highlights and really have nothing to add.

OT: Other articles in the latest are very good reads. Big fan of the mag, despite some of the articles being kinda wordy.
    Ultracrepidarian

I want to see all drugs legalized just to witness what would happen to the populace, in say 10 years. Especially with the one hit wonder drugs that keep you forever chasing that first high rush.

I'd be interested to see the static outcome and ripple effect of a generation that started playing around with heroin and meth; rather than pot and mushrooms. It'll be a show for sure.

My Ride
    Volvo S60 & Jeep GC

Originally posted by Ven
    I want to see all drugs legalized just to witness what would happen to the populace, in say 10 years. Especially with the one hit wonder drugs that keep you forever chasing that first high rush.

I'd be interested to see the static outcome and ripple effect of a generation that started playing around with heroin and meth; rather than pot and mushrooms. It'll be a show for sure.
    No doubt! People dont remember that when all these drugs were legal and readily available that the entire north american system crumbled into anarchy. Thats why no one is still alive from the 1800s, too much legal cocaine.

My Ride
    3.0L Of pure turbocharged testosterone

Legalize all of it, great population control for sure.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Depite the results the article claims Portugal experienced since 2001, I just can't see it being a good idea turning a blind eye to the hard drugs. Most hard drugs are far too easy to get addicted to, and then all of a sudden we'd have an enormous strain on our health system trying to get people off of it.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Just go live in Vancouver and youll soon notice the wonderous effect of about 50% of the population using illicit drugs.

(property crime, random zombies walking around the suburbs, etc.)

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Originally posted by Kloubek
    Depite the results the article claims Portugal experienced since 2001, I just can't see it being a good idea turning a blind eye to the hard drugs. Most hard drugs are far too easy to get addicted to, and then all of a sudden we'd have an enormous strain on our health system trying to get people off of it.
    http://www.heart-intl.org/pris/113010/WHATCANWE.pdf

Currently working my way through this one.
    Last edited by msommers; 09-09-2012 at 11:29 AM.
    Ultracrepidarian

I have no desire to shoot up junk or snort blow but if they were legalized…. Watch out! I’d be on that shit faster than you could say “speedball”

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

Originally posted by GTS4tw
    into anarchy.
    The term you're looking for is actually 'chaos'
    Anarchy is a very different thing. Anarchy means no rulers, not 'no rules'
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Originally posted by Modelexis

The term you're looking for is actually 'chaos'
    Anarchy is a very different thing. Anarchy means no rulers, not 'no rules'
    I think we all had a pretty good idea of what he was trying to convey...

My Ride
    Ferd Fteen Thousand

The legalization of hard drugs isn't what would worry me, it would be the legitimization of hard drug use.

The producers would be like any other businesses with the same goal of growing and making money, so even if their advertising was restricted like tobacco companies they'll still find ways to promote and grow. We can't stop over a quarter of the population from using tobacco despite it being common knowledge of its negative health effects.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

I can agree with that. There would have to be a point however that the tax revenue would be greater than the (potential) increased costs associated with judicial and health care.

Come to think of it though, I wonder if we've even reached that point with alcohol and tobacco.
    Ultracrepidarian

Originally posted by Kloubek
    Agreed. Now if it was legislated in a way that all government funded healthcare would be denied to a person who tested positive for drug use, I may be more inclined to support legalization of all drugs. Might actually make wait times at hospitals better for people that aren't retarded crackheads.

Maybe if Thomas Mulcair was elected.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Originally posted by BrknFngrs

Agreed. Now if it was legislated in a way that all government funded healthcare would be denied to a person who tested positive for drug use, I may be more inclined to support legalization of all drugs. Might actually make wait times at hospitals better for people that aren't retarded crackheads.
    What about the retarded alcoholics? Or the lung cancer induced from smokers? Or the heart disease patients who are obese?

Turning people away from healthcare is a dangerous slope and personally feel it is not the answer at all.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Eh why not? The world's kinda overpopulated anyways haha

Originally posted by msommers

What about the retarded alcoholics? Or the lung cancer induced from smokers? Or the heart disease patients who are obese?

Turning people away from healthcare is a dangerous slope and personally feel it is not the answer at all.
    If you're a chronic alcoholic aren't you already prevented (or otherwise required to jump through significant additional hoops) if you require a liver transplant, etc?

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

One of my best friends works with people on the street dealing with substance abuse. They are definitely not turned away and hospital costs are pretty darn high. Actually his team has helped people deal with addictions and has actually saved the province money (not ending up in hospitals primarily) which is pretty cool.

I don't know the answer regarding liver transplants specifically.
    Ultracrepidarian

Im on the fence about it.

wile I think pot, mushrooms and a few others should be De-criminalized,

others like heroin,crack and a few others should not be at all

and then lots that are in the middle that when not abused or used a lot don't pose any harm, but if adulterated or used a lot can.

I am more for giving all the information good and bad, none of the fear mongering that they like to do, because once people find out that 10% of what the school and media tell them about drugs are a lie or exaggeration now the other 90% of the information is now doubted.

making the per-coursers illegal/strictly regulated only makes the drugs more harmful because the cooks now begin to try and make something else work to meat the demand and that's when people start to die like the PMMA sold as MDMA last year.

De-criminalizing it or legalizing it and controlling it will reduce the money made by organized crime from the drug trade.

alot of these drugs can be used to treat PTSD and other metal issues, and for some have spiritual uses. so I think regulation on some drugs would be good, others would not.

problem is if Canada did that, the political issues we would have with other countries that could happen are hard to say the affect it could have.

it would not be an easy choice to make, IMO start with pot, and mushrooms see how this works then move on to the other lower harm drugs, mainly with just Decriminalization. but I would say only do this with lower harm psychedelics. leave the heroin, crack, and others like that how they are

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast