Quantcast
What is your favorite reward credit card? - Page 43 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 43 of 132 FirstFirst ... 33 42 43 44 53 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite reward credit card?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by sabad66

How are you getting 2.5-2.9% back on Avion? Last time i looked into it, Avion was 1.5-2% max
    For Avion infinite privilege its 1.25 points per dollar spent ( normally 1 points per dollar, 1.25 for travel with the standard card which I have ).

15,000 points is 350 dollar redemption on adjacent province, which is 2.9% for infinite privilege or 2.3% for regular infinite. This is the tier with the best redemption which is why i use it most for things like flights to Van or Kelowna.

All the other tiers are 2.5% for privilege and 2% for infinite.

Those numbers do assume you go over the max ticket cost for each tier which in my experience is very common for direct flights.

Correct me if my Marth is wrong. Overall I think the privilege, other benefits not considered ( i consider them bonuses, makes sense if you spend more than 60k on the card a year for primary cardholder + secondary scenario.

Also I factor in my VIP banking package with RBC which rebates me the entire cost of the avion or 120+50 for the infinite privilege, I get great use out of that package as well.

Not trying to make the argument that its the best rewards card out there. But it works well for me.
    Last edited by killramos; 04-07-2016 at 09:57 AM.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Originally posted by killramos

For Avion infinite privilege its 1.25 points per dollar spent ( normally 1 points per dollar, 1.25 for travel with the standard card which I have ).

15,000 points is 350 dollar redemption on adjacent province, which is 2.9% for infinite privilege or 2.3% for regular infinite. This is the tier with the best redemption which is why i use it most for things like flights to Van or Kelowna.

All the other tiers are 2.5% for privilege and 2% for infinite.

Those numbers do assume you go over the max ticket cost for each tier which in my experience is very common for direct flights.

Correct me if my Marth is wrong. Overall I think the privilege, other benefits not considered ( i consider them bonuses, makes sense if you spend more than 60k on the card a year for primary cardholder + secondary scenario. The card really shines if you can get onto the private banking card which is 2 points per dollar spent for i think a 600 dollar annual fee. At that point you are competing with centurion though so

Also I factor in my VIP banking package with RBC which rebates me the entire cost of the avion or 120+50 for the infinite privilege, I get great use out of that package as well.

Not trying to make the argument that its the best rewards card out there. But it works well for me.
    ah i see. It's the tiers that get you higher than 2%. A little too restrictive and complicated for me but seems like it works well for your situation and if you travel to adjacent provinces/bank with RBC.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by sabad66

ah i see. It's the tiers that get you higher than 2%. A little too restrictive and complicated for me but seems like it works well for your situation and if you travel to adjacent provinces/bank with RBC.
    haha its not that bad, stupid easy to redeem and book as well. two biggest detractors is the 14 day minimum booking period ( no last minute flights to vegas or BC ) and no efficient way to redeem for upper class. Its just the lowest tier that has the higher % return, all the rest are the 2%/2.5%

Personally when i want to fly first class i redeem using avion for economy ( usually with air canada ) and upgrade during check in.

I think you can push the redemption above 3 or 4 % if you take advantage of the +50% conversion bonus to BA Avios promos. That however is admittedly complicated.

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

I recently switched to a Rogers Mastercard. It pays 1.75% cash back on all purchases and if you use it to pay your monthly Rogers mobile bill automatically (which I was already doing on my old card) then the annual fee is waived. Definitely a step up from my 0.5% cash back BMO Mastercard with no annual fee.

Yeah I'm sure if i had the card and spent 20 mins really digging into it then it wouldn't seem bad. Just looking at it from a completely outside lens when i'm used to a straight 2% without restrictions as long as the flight/hotel/car rental is available through BMO's travel site (which i believe uses the same back end engine as expedia).

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

I just signed up for the Westjet Mastercard.

$99 annual fee

$250 Westjet dollars on sign up, so the card is pretty much paid for itself the next time I fly with Westjet.

Looking forward to the once per year companion travel.
    Last edited by rx7boi; 04-07-2016 at 11:12 AM.

My Ride
    NC1

What about TD Visa Infinite Privilege?

Buy one business class ticket, get second for half off through Air Canada 1x per year. Do the other cards offer this? I have never flown business class but the one time I'm going to do it, I might as well get 50% off because that will pay for itself easily. What am I missing here? lol
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Hybrid

Originally posted by max_boost
    What about TD Visa Infinite Privilege?

Buy one business class ticket, get second for half off through Air Canada 1x per year. Do the other cards offer this? I have never flown business class but the one time I'm going to do it, I might as well get 50% off because that will pay for itself easily. What am I missing here? lol
    Has to be business class flexible (refundable/reschedulable), which is ~3x the cost of non-refundable. For example, ~$6000 to Asia or Europe vs $2000.

Better off to churn a few high value credit cards to earn Aeroplan points for a "once in a lifetime" business class flight if that's what your'e after.

You can get 75,000 points signing up for a $699 annual fee Platinum AMEX if you have someone refer you (they get 25,000 points - and apparently people are willing to pay close to $200 to refer you). Then add on a First Year Free Aeroplan Visa Infinite for another 25,000 or $399 Privilege card for 50,000 and you're there (or very close).

https://www4.aeroplan.com/use-your-m...ortCookie=true
    Hey baller, any problem money can solve is no problem at all. Don't sweat it.

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by Strider

Has to be business class flexible (refundable/reschedulable), which is ~3x the cost of non-refundable. For example, ~$6000 to Asia or Europe vs $2000.

Better off to churn a few high value credit cards to earn Aeroplan points for a "once in a lifetime" business class flight if that's what your'e after.

You can get 75,000 points signing up for a $699 annual fee Platinum AMEX if you have someone refer you (they get 25,000 points - and apparently people are willing to pay close to $200 to refer you). Then add on a First Year Free Aeroplan Visa Infinite for another 25,000 or $399 Privilege card for 50,000 and you're there (or very close).

Ah of course. A peasant like me wouldn't know!

Either pay $2000 X 2 or pay $6000+$3000 (second ticket half off). lol oh man what's the point haha

I still think I am too cheap to do it, economy is $400 x2 for that trip. Good call on the points. Thanks for the info.

What's the difference between Business Class Lowest vs Business Class Flexible? Other than paying 2-3x more on flexible and you can change your flights
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

^ Or pay 400 + hope it isn't full ( which it never is ) and pay +400 ( or whatever it is to where you are going) more to upgrade day of.

Paying for business class is a farce unless its on a company card. Even that is going the way of the dodo from what I hear.

fact.

My Ride
    NC1

Oh man looks like I'm going to say in the peasant club. I have friends who only travel business class so I have been researching maybe I can join them. Nope, can't do it. I have a gf to feed and everything is more expensive when it's constantly X2 haha
    I am user #49

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

She can eat at your restaurant! I have a child and a wife, plus a dog. X4!

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Max, what card(s) do you use now?
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Hybrid

What's the difference between Business Class Lowest vs Business Class Flexible? Other than paying 2-3x more on flexible and you can change your flights
    I only looked into it because I just got my promo code for the 50% off companion earlier this year and realized it's entirely not worth it. Then I cancelled the card when it came up for renewal because I'm too cheap to pay the $399 annual fee.

Really no difference except refundable and changeable flights. Maybe worthwhile for business trips that need to be booked ahead to ensure availability, but could change?

Oh man looks like I'm going to say in the peasant club. I have friends who only travel business class so I have been researching maybe I can join them. Nope, can't do it. I have a gf to feed and everything is more expensive when it's constantly X2 haha
    Biggest hurdle for me right now - I can easily get enough Aeroplan points for a "mini-RTW" business class flight with stopovers by getting a couple credit card promos... but then wife has to do it too.
    Hey baller, any problem money can solve is no problem at all. Don't sweat it.

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by msommers
    Max, what card(s) do you use now?
    Just a basic 1% card lol

I'm bored so just researching cards because friends keep asking to sign up for AMEX platinum etc. so I want to see what all the fuss is about (referral pts)

In the end you just have to decide what benefits are most important to you.

As been said many times in this thread, the Aspire Capital One Mastercard 2% travel is probably one of the best options (simple). Combine that with another card with no 2.5% foreign transaction fees for travel and you are pretty much set.
    I am user #49

My Ride
    TDi

As been said many times in this thread, the Aspire Capital One Mastercard 2% travel is probably one of the best options (simple). Combine that with another card with no 2.5% foreign transaction fees for travel and you are pretty much set.
    Exactly what I have
    GO FLAMES GO!

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Same here. I have the Amazon card for international charges and Aspire for everything else.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Lease

Originally posted by Strider

Either pay $2000 X 2 or pay $6000+$3000 (second ticket half off). lol oh man what's the point haha

I still think I am too cheap to do it, economy is $400 x2 for that trip. Good call on the points. Thanks for the info.

Some of the AC business fleet need maintenance too.

Flight AC007, seat 6G

Flight AC008, seat 5D

IMO, the shitty thing about business class is that anytime you scan for any eligible legal age hotties at the terminal, I'm confident to say 98% won't end up being in business. The ones that do, are either sugar'ed, or just some snobby rich bitch (pure assumable/opinion, no offense to chill bitches)

I've had more luck sitting beside hotties on short trip economy.

I do like airport lounges cause you get free food.

My Ride
    G6

Anyone see this Tangerine offer? 2% cash back on categories YOU choose. Sounds kinda tempting...

https://www.tangerine.ca/en/spending...ard/index.html

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

That's pretty good, especially at zero-fee....
    Ultracrepidarian

Page 43 of 132 FirstFirst ... 33 42 43 44 53 ... LastLast