Quantcast
What is your favorite reward credit card? - Page 52 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 52 of 132 FirstFirst ... 42 51 52 53 62 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 2626

Thread: What is your favorite reward credit card?

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Originally posted by pheoxs

Its just general aeroplan rtw / mini-rtw trip. 75k points to fly to asia and back and you're allowed 1 stop over each direction for as long as you want.

You have to manually figure out all the routing and then call in and book it and such. Also certain airlines have lower fees (hint: Air Canada sucks) so it also takes a bit of finagling to keep the cost down.

There's a FAQ at the top of this for more info.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-...ineraries.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...hancement.html
    Thanks for the info! I was also referring to your miles earned on the other cards... the AMEX and what not where you accumulated 135k points!

Thanks in advance

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Originally posted by riander5

Thanks for the info! I was also referring to your miles earned on the other cards... the AMEX and what not where you accumulated 135k points!

Thanks in advance
    Oh, Amex business platinum is 75k point signup if you have a referral link (feel free to pm me for one), personal gold is 25k points, and if you use your own business platinum link to get personal gold its 25k referal fee.

The business platinum has a 5k in 3 month minimum spend to get the bonus which is easy if you're creative. The personal gold is 1000 or 1500 in 3 months. Those points from spending work out to almost another 10k for a total of 135k aeroplan.

Don't want to derail the thread but I have the aeroplan infinite card or whatever. I've had the card since I was 18 (used to be the GM card then was ported to aeroplan which I think gave me at least some miles).

I've never redeemed the points as I never travel except for work. Noticed I have more than enough to fly my GF and I to Maui and back.

What are the chances of me being able to book tickets to Maui? Aeroplan makes it sound easy but people's reviews of aeroplan online say the opposite. GF really wants to go but I don't want to pull a penny from savings or investments for another 5 years so we aren't going unless the tickets are essentially free haha

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Originally posted by J-hop
    Don't want to derail the thread but I have the aeroplan infinite card or whatever. I've had the card since I was 18 (used to be the GM card then was ported to aeroplan which I think gave me at least some miles).

I've never redeemed the points as I never travel except for work. Noticed I have more than enough to fly my GF and I to Maui and back.

What are the chances of me being able to book tickets to Maui? Aeroplan makes it sound easy but people's reviews of aeroplan online say the opposite. GF really wants to go but I don't want to pull a penny from savings or investments for another 5 years so we aren't going unless the tickets are essentially free haha
    You can just go on aeroplan site and look it up? Enter the dates you want to go and see. You can pay for everything, including all fees, with aeroplan miles now, so if you have enough, you could get your trip for free. Make sure you are searching for the number of seats you need. If you look for 1 seat sometimes there is only one aeroplan seat available, and when you book for two you find out the hard way it isn't available anymore. I presume all your points are in one account, if you and your gf have points in both of your accounts, search for 2 seats....then find ones available, and then quickly book your 1 seat and her 1 seat from her account. Done this before for my last trip to Japan....or you can just call them and they will help you do all this over the phone too.

Originally posted by eblend

You can just go on aeroplan site and look it up? Enter the dates you want to go and see. You can pay for everything, including all fees, with aeroplan miles now, so if you have enough, you could get your trip for free. Make sure you are searching for the number of seats you need. If you look for 1 seat sometimes there is only one aeroplan seat available, and when you book for two you find out the hard way it isn't available anymore. I presume all your points are in one account, if you and your gf have points in both of your accounts, search for 2 seats....then find ones available, and then quickly book your 1 seat and her 1 seat from her account. Done this before for my last trip to Japan....or you can just call them and they will help you do all this over the phone too.
    Yea I'll have to do more digging. Haven't even logged on to their system in years just get emails about my pts. Hearing all the stories about lack of availability made me assume my points would be next to useless. All the points are on the same account so should make booking slightly easier. Might actually take vacation this year!

If you had to choose between TD First class visa and BMO world elite mastercard, which one would you say is better?
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Originally posted by yipb
    If you had to choose between TD First class visa and BMO world elite mastercard, which one would you say is better?
    TD First class is 1.5%, where BMO WE is 2%, so without looking into it deeper i'd say BMO WE.

My Ride
    Exploded.

If annual fees are moot point, BMO>TD. Has more offerings.

My Ride
    NC1

Question about the travel insurance part of the travel cards.

Have you guys made a claim and if so how was it? Whether it was flight delay, baggage delayed, trip cancellation, medical coverage etc?

I haven't encountered anything yet but I only travel once a year for a 2-3 week period. Every year I go on a trip I spend about $125 for travel medical but Of course have never used it, it's insurance lol In my mind, I might as well get a travel card?!
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by max_boost

Have you guys made a claim and if so how was it? Whether it was flight delay, baggage delayed, trip cancellation, medical coverage etc?

I haven't encountered anything yet but I only travel once a year for a 2-3 week period. Every year I go on a trip I spend about $125 for travel medical but Of course have never used it, it's insurance lol In my mind, I might as well get a travel card?!
    You may as well spend that on your credit card fee and have that cover you instead.

http://www.greedyrates.ca/blog/free-.../#.WL23PTvyvIV

My Ride
    Hybrid

Originally posted by yipb
    Whichever one you have a premium chequing account with to waive the annual fee.

If you have both covered - here's a few pros and cons

TD FCT Visa Infinite
    + Book travel any way
    + 3x points back on Expedia by TD bookings (they price match)
    - devaluation of points, 1.2% return on first $1,200 point redemption

BMO World Elite
    + 2% back on everything
    + 4 Lounge passes
    - have to book through their travel site (travelocity back end when I had the card), cheaper rates on hotels can be found elsewhere (pricematch is a big ymmv)

Also check the insurance package, extended warranties, etc to see what fits better for you.

Between the two, I'd probably go with the BMO.
    Hey baller, any problem money can solve is no problem at all. Don't sweat it.

My Ride
    Treg/B7

I just switched to the BMO from TD Infinite. One large reason for me was 2% rewards vs 1.5% and I can use it at Costco(MasterCard)
    Last edited by Rarasaurus; 03-06-2017 at 01:53 PM.

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by Xtrema

You may as well spend that on your credit card fee and have that cover you instead.

http://www.greedyrates.ca/blog/free-.../#.WL23PTvyvIV
    Desjardins Visa Odyssey Gold looks like a good one for travel insurance lol

Hey guys, looks like ill be moving back to Canada (Vancouver). Can anyone tell me what the best credit card is that gives a fixed % cash back on all purchases? I'm using the Citi DoubleCash in the states right now, 2% cash back in all purchases. Thanks

My Ride
    E46 M3

^ My BMO World Elite Cash Back card gives 1.75% back on everything. I haven't seen anything else higher % wise for cash back.

If any one knows, I wouldn't mind switching to a better card either.

I have a BMO WE and last year my wife's baggage was delayed between Dallas/Miami. She was advised by the airline that it would be 24 hours before she would receive her baggage and they provided her a print out of this.

She went and bought toiletries, swimwear, and 2 outfits for about $250.00. I called the 1-800 number and they provided me a website to make a claim. Submitted receipts and proof of delay and I had a check a few weeks later to cover the expenses.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Originally posted by The BMW Guy
    ^ My BMO World Elite Cash Back card gives 1.75% back on everything. I haven't seen anything else higher % wise for cash back.

Yea I don't think it gets any better without going to a multi-card system.

MBNA Rewards World Elite is 2% on all purchases. $89.00 annual fee but with your first purchase you get 10,000 reward points which works out to $100.00 cash back. You can request a cash back check at anytime instead of waiting for the yearly ones like most credit cards.
    Last edited by roopi; 03-13-2017 at 03:32 PM.

Capital One is 2% but it's on "Travel" redemptions only, of which they are extremely lenient. They let my dad redeem cash toward a dentist visit So it's basically cash back, though not technically. Or if you travel at all, then it is as good as cash back.

Combine with the Amazon visa (no fee) which is 1% back + no FX fee to use while on vacation and you're all set.

Page 52 of 132 FirstFirst ... 42 51 52 53 62 ... LastLast